X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina Influenza 2019-20; 138 fatalities; 4 pediatric

NS state flu page: https://flu.ncdhhs.gov/data.htm

N.C. health officials announce first flu-related death of season

By WECT Staff | October 24, 2019 at 12:47 PM EDT - Updated October 24 at 1:47 PM
    RALEIGH, N.C. (WECT) - North Carolina health officials on Thursday announced the first reported flu-related death of the 2019-2020 flu season.

The individual lived in the central part of the state and passed away in the first week of October, officials said. No other details were released.

Health officials said 208 people died during last year’s flu season. Of those 208 deaths, 133 were people age 65 and older and five were under the age of 18.
    https://www.wect.com/2019/10/24/nc-h...-death-season/
    Last edited by Ronan Kelly; January 2, 2020, 05:24 PM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

2nd flu-related death reported in NC
    NORTH CAROLINA NEWS
    by: CBS 17 Digital Desk

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 / 03:44 PM EST / Updated: Nov 14, 2019 / 03:44 PM EST

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A second person in North Carolina has died from the flu, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.

The most recent death was reported from the period from Nov. 3-9. The first death occurred in the first week of October, officials said.
    RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A second person in North Carolina has died from the flu, according to the Department of Health and Human Services. The most recent death was reported from the period fr…
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Third flu-related death reports in N.C. this season

North Carolina health officials have announced the third reported flu-related death of the 2019-2020 flu season.

By WECT Staff | November 28, 2019 at 12:58 PM EST - Updated November 29 at 4:04 PM
      WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - North Carolina health officials have announced the third reported flu-related death of the 2019-2020 flu season.

According to the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services’ weekly flu report, the death took place during the week of Nov. 17-23.

Two of this season’s victims were 65 years old or older while the third was between 25-49 years old.
      According to the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services’ weekly flu report, the death took place during the week of Nov. 17-23.

Comment

NC reports fifth flu-related death of season

Posted 2:47 p.m. today

CDC says flu season has earliest start in 10 years
        RALEIGH, N.C. — A fifth person in North Carolina has died of flu-related illness, state officials said Thursday.

Four of the five people who have died of the flu so far this season, which runs from the end of October into next May, were age 65 or older. The other death was someone between ages 25 and 49.

Meanwhile, the number of people testing positive for the flu virus across the state is escalating, according to the state Division of Public Health.

https://www.wral.com/nc-reports-fift...ason/18813874/

Comment

Flu-related death reported in North Carolina
          NORTH CAROLINA
          by: CBS 17 Digital Desk

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 / 05:52 PM CST / Updated: Dec 19, 2019 / 05:52 PM CST

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Another person in the state has died from the flu, according to the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.

The latest death is reported to have occurred between December 8-14 and brings the total number of flu deaths to six for the season. The current season started September 29, 2019 and ends on May 16, 2020.
          RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Another person in the state has died from the flu, according to the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. The latest death is reported to have occurre…

Comment

Flu deaths in North Carolina reach seven for 2019-20 season
            By Richard Craver Winston-Salem Journal 17 hrs ago

The number of North Carolinians who have died during the current flu season has increased by one to seven, the N.C. Division of Public Health reported Friday.

There were no deaths reported for the week that ended Dec. 21. A second individual over age 65 was listed as dying during the week that ended Dec. 14.

Comment

State reports another death from the flu

Posted: Thu 2:38 PM, Jan 02, 2020

RALEIGH, NC (WITN) - North Carolina has seen another flu death, bringing the number to ten so far this flu season.

The State Department of Health and Human Services released numbers today for activity from last week.

Of the ten deaths, one was between 25 and 49 years old, while all others were 65 or older.
              https://www.witn.com/content/news/St...566657751.html

Click image for larger version  Name:	NC.png Views:	0 Size:	143.2 KB ID:	821955

Comment

Officials announce Buncombe County's first flu-related death of the season
                Ella WilkieUpdated 1 hr ago | Posted on Jan 6, 2020 0

BUNCOMBE COUNTY, NC (FOX Carolina) A person under the age of 65 is the first victim of the flu this season in Buncombe County, officials announced Monday.

Buncombe County Health and Human Services said as of December 28, 2019, there have been ten flu-related deaths in the state of North Carolina.

Comment

First child flu death of 2019-2020 season, eight others die from flu during New Year's week
                  82 Shares
                  WXIIUpdated: 1:10 PM EST Jan 9, 2020

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. —
                  Nine people, including a child, died from the flu between Dec. 29 and Jan. 4, bringing the total number of flu deaths in North Carolina to 21 since Sept. 29, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.

Twenty adults have already been reported, with 14 of those being people older than 65 years of age, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
                  Nine people died from the flu between Dec. 29 and Jan. 4, bringing the total number of flu deaths in North Carolina to 21 since Sept. 29.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	NC.png
Views:	167
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	822602

Comment

11 more people die from the flu, North Carolina health department says
                      Ad Duration00:15 - More Info
                      PlayPlay
                      Current time00:00
                      Seek

00:00
                      Duration01:01
                      Toggle Mute
                      Volume

SettingsToggle Fullscreen
                      EMBED <>MORE VIDEOS
                      Watch the video above to find out what the CDC says about flu prevention, how it spreads and how it could lead to deadly complications.

Updated 3 hours ago
                      RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- As the flu season ramps up in North Carolina, 11 more people have reportedly died from the infection.

NC Department of Health and Human Services updated their weekly flu death number Thursday.

The 11 new flu deaths occurred between Jan. 5 and Jan. 11.

It brings the total number of flu deaths in the state up to 33. The number of deaths appear relatively in line with previous years.

Comment

Views:	183
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	823176

Comment

Views:	150
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	824159
                          41 fatalities, 1 pediatric reported.

Comment

9 more flu deaths reported in North Carolina as 1 high school cancels classes for multiple days

Updated an hour ago
                            RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services reported nine new flu deaths in North Carolina last week.

In a report issued Thursday, the NCDHHS said the deaths occurred from Jan.19 to Jan. 25.

The total number of deaths stands at 54 for the flu season, the highest total at this point in the last couple of flu seasons.

The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services reported nine new flu deaths in North Carolina last week.

Comment

Pastor: 13-year-old Gaffney girl dies from flu complications at NC hospital
                              Dal KalsiUpdated 10 min ago | Posted on Feb 3, 2020 0
                              Arden Bradley

GAFFNEY, SC (FOX Carolina) - A Cherokee County pastor said a 13-year-old girl was laid to rest Monday after she died battling the flu.

The Cherokee County coroner confirmed he was alerted by the North Carolina medical examiner’s office that a Gaffney teen died at a Shelby hospital on Jan. 31.

Comment

Working...
                              X