North Carolina Influenza 2017-18; 379 fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 new flu deaths reported; NC's total to 328 for season

The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said Thursday that North Carolina saw 7 new flu deaths last week, bringing the total to 305 for the season.

Updated 3 mins ago
    RALEIGH, NC (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said Thursday that North Carolina saw 8 new flu deaths last week, bringing the total to 328 for the season.

Stay on top of breaking news stories with the ABC11 News App

This week's number was an increase from last week's 7.
    The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said Thursday that North Carolina saw 11 new flu deaths last week, bringing the total to 342 for the season.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

11 new flu deaths reported; NC's total to 342 for season

RALEIGH, NC (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said Thursday that North Carolina saw 11 new flu deaths last week, bringing the total to 342 for the season.
      The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said Thursday that North Carolina saw 11 new flu deaths last week, bringing the total to 342 for the season.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Three flu deaths reported in NC last week

Posted 10:57 a.m. today

By Matthew Burns, WRAL.com senior producer/politics editor

RALEIGH, N.C. ? The devastating flu season appears to be winding down in North Carolina, with only three flu-related deaths reported last week.

So far this season, the flu has killed a record 348 people statewide. The vast majority of deaths have been among people age 65 and older.

Four people died of the flu in North Carolina last week, according to numbers released Thursday.

Comment

NORTH CAROLINA WEEKLY INFLUENZA SURVEILLANCE SUMMARY
          2017-2018 INFLUENZA SEASON
          WEEK 13: ENDING MARCH 31, 2018

Statewide Updates
          Influenza-like illness (ILI) increased slightly during week 13.
          The geographic spread of flu was REGIONAL for the week ending 3/31/2018.
          Of the 10 samples submitted to the State Laboratory of Public Health (SLPH) for viral testing this week, 4
          (40%) were positive; 2 were positive for influenza A(H3), 1 was positive for influenza A(H1N1), and 1
          was positive for influenza B.
          Hospital-based Public Health Epidemiologists (PHEs) reported 315 positive influenza results out of 1,558
          samples tested during week 13 (ending 3/31/2018); 203 were positive for influenza B, 83 were positive for
          influenza A(unknown), 23 were positive for influenza A(H3), and 6 were positive for influenza A(H1)
          Influenza-Associated Deaths
          This Week (03/25/2018 ? 03/31/2018)
          Total Influenza-Associated Deaths
          This Season (starting 10/01/2017)

Comment

Flu-related death total climbs to 362 in N.C., including four victims from last week
            By Richard Craver Winston-Salem Journal 17 hrs ago (0)

The number of flu-related deaths continued to rise ? as expected ? after the official March 31 ending of the 2017-18 season, jumping to 362 last week, up 14 from the previous week?s total of 348.

State health officials said Thursday there were four deaths confirmed from the week that ended April 7, as well as an additional 10 victims who died in previous weeks and were later determined to have had the flu.

Comment

Record number of flu deaths grow by 10 in latest NC count
              By Richard Craver Winston-Salem Journal 16 hrs ago (0)

As the 2017-18 flu season in North Carolina continues to wind down, state health officials reported another 10 victims Thursday for a modern-day record of 372.

Although the six-month season officially ended March 31, it has been known in the past to linger several weeks into April.

There were two deaths confirmed from the week that ended April 14, as well as an additional eight victims who died in previous weeks and were later determined to have had the flu.

Comment

Statewide
                Updates
                Influenza-like illness (ILI) increased slightly during week 16.
                The geographic spread of flu was SPORADIC for the week ending 4/21/2018.
                Of the 12 samples submitted to the State Laboratory of Public Health (SLPH) for viral testing this week, 2
                were positive for influenza B virus and 1 was positive for influenza A(H1N1) virus.
                Hospital-based Public Health Epidemiologists (PHEs) reported 92 positive influenza results out of 1,116
                samples tested during week 16 (ending 4/21/2018); 67 were positive for influenza B, 21 were positive for
                influenza A(unknown), 3 were positive for influenza A(H1), and 1 was positive for influenza A(H3).
                Influenza-Associated Deaths
                This Week (04/15/2018 ? 04/21/2018)
                Total Influenza-Associated Deaths
                This Season (starting 10/01/2017)

Comment

One new flu death reported in NC as season comes to an end

Posted 1:42 p.m. today

RALEIGH, N.C. ? The devastating flu season appears to be winding down in North Carolina, with only one flu-related death reported last week.

So far this season, the flu has killed a record 379 people statewide. The vast majority of deaths have been among people age 65 and older.
                  The devastating flu season appears to be winding down in North Carolina, with only one flu-related death reported last week.

Comment

Working...
                  X