• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina Influenza 2017-18; 379 fatalities

Child dies due to the flu in NC, 1st pediatric death of the season
    BY CASSIE COPE

UPDATED DECEMBER 28, 2017 03:24 PM

A child in the central part of North Carolina died from the flu, the first pediatric death of the season, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...191997599.html
    Last edited by JimO; January 22, 2018, 04:24 PM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

3 MORE FLU DEATHS REPORTED IN NORTH CAROLINA
    By Spectrum News Staff | December 28, 2017 @1:20 PM

RALEIGH -- Health officials in North Carolina have reported three more people have died from the flu in the latest numbers ending Dec. 23, 2017.

The Department of Health and Human Services reports the latest deaths have raised the death toll for the 2017-2018 flu season to 12.

Of the 12 deaths, half involve people 65 years of age and older. One involved a child between 5 and 17 years old.
    Health officials in North Carolina have reported three more people have died from the flu in the latest numbers.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Source: http://myfox8.com/2018/01/04/state-o...or-the-season/

State officials report 7 more flu deaths in North Carolina, 20 for the season
      Posted 12:06 pm, January 4, 2018, by Web Staff

WAKE COUNTY, N.C. ? The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services announced Thursday that there have been seven more flu deaths, raising this season?s total to 20.

Officials announced on Dec. 28 the state?s first child flu death, saying they won?t release the identity gender, hometown or county of the child...

Comment

North Carolina school temporary closes after 160 students come down with flu

by Elizabeth TyreeThursday, January 11th 2018

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WSET) -- ...

The school sent out an email Tuesday informing parents of students at Carmel Christian School that the flu outbreak has caused at least 160 students, four teachers, and one school nurse to be out of school with the flu or flu-like symptoms.
        A school administrator said this is the first time in school history they have had to cancel school because of a flu-like outbreak,

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WSET) -- A small school in North Carolina is closing for the rest of the week due to a recent flu outbreak.The school sent out an email Tuesday informing parents of students at Carmel Christian School that the flu outbreak has caused at le
        "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
        -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Officials report 4 more flu deaths in NC; 26 for the season

Updated 41 mins ago

The NC Department of Health and Human Services announced Thursday that there have been four more flu deaths.

The report issued listed four deaths, bringing the total to 26 for this flu season.

The flu epidemic is growing in North Carolina, with 26 deaths now linked to the virus after four more deaths were reported last week.
          "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
          -Nelson Mandela

Comment

10 more flu deaths this past week in North Carolina

Posted: Thu 12:53 PM, Jan 18, 2018

RALEIGH, NC (WITN) - State health officials say 10 more people have died because of the flu.

Numbers for last week were released today.

So far this season, 42 people have died. Most of those were 65 years of age or older, while two children have also died.
            So far this season, 42 people have died. Most of those were 65 years of age or older, while two children have also died.

Comment

Girl, 6, dies days after flu diagnosis

CARY, N.C. -- A 6-year-old Cary girl diagnosed with the flu on Tuesday died Friday night after being rushed by ambulance from her home to WakeMed in Raleigh.

The sudden death of Emily Muth left her parents and her 8- and 10-year-old brothers shocked and heartbroken.

"Devastated. How could that even happen? I mean one day she's fine, you know, and I mean she had the fever and she was a little achy," her mother Rhonda Muth told ABC11. "Other than that, I mean, she had had the runny nose and cough like typical, you know, and then she's gone. It's horrible. I don't wish this on anybody."

A 6-year-old girl diagnosed with the flu on Tuesday died Friday night after being rushed by ambulance from her home.
              "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

21 flu deaths last week in North Carolina

State health officials say 21 people died from the flu last week, the largest number of deaths for one week so far this season.

The week before there were 14 reported deaths in the state.

The state Department of Health & Human Services say a total of 67 people have died so far this flu season.

Of that total, three children between 5 and 17 have died, while over 40 people 65 years of age and older have died.

Last flu season there were 219 deaths in the state attributed to the flu.

State health officials say 21 people died from the flu last week, the largest number of deaths for one week so far this season.
                "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

North Carolina is reporting 95 flu-related deaths, including 3 children, through Week 4. This is a 50% increase over Week 3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NC Week 4.PNG
Views:	95
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	789529

Comment

34 new flu deaths reported, bringing North Carolina total to 140 this season
                    POSTED 12:30 PM, FEBRUARY 8, 2018, BY WEB STAFF

RALEIGH, N.C. ? Thirty-four new flu deaths have been reported in North Carolina since Jan. 28, bringing the total number of deaths in the state this season to 140.
                    RALEIGH, N.C. — Thirty-four new flu deaths have been reported in North Carolina since Jan. 28, bringing the total number of deaths in the state this season to 140. The World Health Organizati…

Comment

NC officials report 17 new flu deaths; new total of 165 deaths
                      WCNC 4:06 PM. EST February 15, 2018

PINTEREST
                      CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Seventeen more people in North Carolina have died of the flu, bringing the total to 165 flu-related deaths.

The numbers were released Thursday by the North Carolina Division of Public Health for the week of February 4 - February 10.

Officials report a total of 1,438 people tested positive for influenza during the week of February 4 - February 10 bringing the total to 8,235 since the start of the flu season.

Comment

NORTH CAROLINA WEEKLY INFLUENZA SURVEILLANCE SUMMARY
                        2017-2018 INFLUENZA SEASON
                        WEEK 07: ENDING FEBRUARY 17, 2018

Influenza-like illness (ILI) decreased slightly during week 7.
                        The geographic spread of flu was WIDESPREAD for the week ending 2/17/2018.
                        Of the 55 samples submitted to the State Laboratory of Public Health (SLPH) for viral testing this week, 27
                        (49%) were positive; 14 were positive for influenza B, 10 were positive for influenza A(H3), 3 were positive
                        for influenza A(H1N1).
                        Hospital-based Public Health Epidemiologists (PHEs) reported 1,297 positive influenza results out of 3,886
                        samples tested during week 7 (ending 2/17/2018); 663 were positive for influenza A(unknown), 432 were
                        positive for influenza B, 149 were positive for influenza A(H3), and 53 were positive for influenza A(H1).

Influenza-Associated Deaths
                        This Week (02/11/2018 – 02/17/2018)
                        Total Influenza-Associated Deaths
                        This Season (starting 10/01/2017)

Comment

Flu deaths in North Carolina reach 253, exceeds 2017 total
                          Originally published March 1, 2018 at 2:12 pm

Share story
                          By The Associated Press
                          The Associated Press
                          RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) ? Flu deaths in North Carolina this season have exceeded the count for all of last season with about three months left.

The state Department of Health and Human Services reported Thursday that 18 people died from the flu last week, and along with 35 deaths attributed to the flu from previous weeks, the death toll for 2017-2018 has reached 253.

Comment

State reports 12 more flu deaths; death toll at 276

By The Associated Press | Posted: Thu 1:54 PM, Mar 08, 2018

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Health officials say 12 people died from the flu in North Carolina last week, pushing the record death toll in 2017-18 to 276.

The N.C. Department of Health and Human Services reports there was one pediatric death among those reported in the week ending March 3. The department said 199 of the deaths reported in the state have involved people age 65 and older.
                            The N.C. Department of Health and Human Services reports there was one pediatric death among those reported in the week ending March 3.

Comment

7 new flu deaths reported, bringing NC's total to 305 for season

The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said Thursday that North Carolina saw 7 new flu deaths last week, bringing the total to 305 for the season.

Thursday, March 15, 2018 12:42PM
                              RALEIGH, NC (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said Thursday that North Carolina saw 7 new flu deaths last week, bringing the total to 305 for the season.

This week's number was a decrease from last week's 12.
                              The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services said Thursday that North Carolina saw 7 new flu deaths last week, bringing the total to 305 for the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X