X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina 2016-2017 Flu Season

North Carolina has second flu death of 2016-17 season

State health officials reported Thursday the second flu-related death for the 2016-17 season, which officially began Oct. 1.

The individual was only identified as being age 65 and older by the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services. The individual died during the week that ended Oct. 29.

The first individual, who was between ages 18 and 24, died during the first week of the season.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/local...044d36f2d.html

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Sharp rise in ILI in NC

Click image for larger version

Name:	Week 45 NC ILI.gif
Views:	95
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	764010
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Winston-Salem girl, 12, has died from flu
      By John Hinton Winston-Salem Journal 14 hrs ago (0)
      A student who attended Jefferson Middle School in Winston-Salem has died from a flu-related illness, a funeral home employee confirmed.

Autumn Savannah Jessup, 12, died Feb. 14 from the illness, said James Womack, a funeral attendant at Perry-Spencer Funeral Home Inc. in Madison. The funeral home is handling Savannah?s funeral arrangements.
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Ten more flu deaths reported in state last week

SOURCE: MGN

Posted: Thu 2:35 PM, Feb 23, 2017

RALEIGH, NC (WITN) -

Health officials in Raleigh say 10 people died last week from the flu, compared to eight the week before.

To date, 44 deaths have been attributed to the flu this season, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Infant in Halifax County Dies From Flu Complications
          Health officials in Halifax County say an infant has died of complications from the flu.

March 1, 2017, at 2:28 p.m.

HALIFAX, N.C. (AP) ? Health officials in Halifax County say an infant has died of complications from the flu.

Comment

Flu death totals rise to 83 in N.C.; 12 confirmed in Triad
            By Richard Craver Winston-Salem Journal 3 hrs ago (0)
            The state's death total from flu-related illnesses reached a seasonal high for the second consecutive week, officials with the N.C. Department of Health and Human services reported Thursday.

The agency reported there were 17 adult victims for the week that ended March 4, along with an additional three victims from previous weeks.

That raises the seasonal total to 83, including 12 in the Triad.

By comparison, there were 59 deaths during the 2015-16 season and 218 flu-related deaths in 2014-15, with 180 of the victims being 65 and older.
            The state’s death total from flu-related illnesses reached a seasonal high for the second consecutive week, officials with the N.C. Department of Health and Human services reported Thursday.

Comment

20 new flu deaths reported last week in NC
              Posted 1:52 p.m. today
              Updated 3:18 p.m. today

Map Marker Find News Near Me
              RALEIGH, N.C. ? Twenty new flu deaths were reported in North Carolina last week, bringing the total number of flu deaths this flu season to 110, according to data released Thursday by the North Carolina Division of Public Health.

The deaths were reported between March 5 and March 11.
              Twenty new flu deaths were reported in North Carolina last week, bringing the total number of flu deaths this flu season to 110, according to data released Thursday by the North Carolina Division of Public Health.

Comment

Working...
              X