• North Carolina Influenza 2014-15; Record high 207 fatalities

Facts and Figures
    Flu in NC: The Numbers
    North Carolina Influenza Weekly Update
    2014-2015 Flu Season

NC flu deaths double in a week
    Posted 6:30 p.m. yesterday
    Updated 7:05 p.m. yesterday

RALEIGH, N.C. — The number of people in North Carolina who have died this season from the flu doubled last week, going from eight to 17, according to figures released Friday by the state Department of Health and Human Services.

Seven of the nine flu deaths reported between Dec. 21 and Dec. 27 were people age 65 or older. There was also one who was between 50 and 64, while the other death was someone between the ages of 25 and 49.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/nc-flu-deaths-do...cmIhUPJFgeS.99
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

NC flu deaths triple in one week
    Posted 12:44 p.m. today
    Updated 1:24 p.m. today

RALEIGH, N.C. ? Thirty people in North Carolina died of flu last week, confirming state health officials' fears of a spike in flu-related deaths as the annual flu season nears its peak.

According to figures released Thursday by the state Department of Health and Human Services, 54 people have died of flu across North Carolina since the season began in October. That includes seven earlier deaths that were only recently confirmed as being caused by the virus.

The bulk of the deaths, 42, have been among people age 65 or older. Five of those who died were between the ages of 50 and 64, another five were ages 25 to 49 and two were children.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/nc-flu-deaths-tr...J80GDPlkfSS.99
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Source: http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/loca...-deaths/njpYG/

Posted: 1:18 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 15, 2015
      NC officials say 90 people have died from the flu this season

CHARLOTTE, N.C. ?

Flu deaths are still climbing in the Carolinas as a new study finds the flu vaccine is one of the worst ever tracked.

The North Carolina Health Department announced Thursday that 26 people died from the virus last week bringing the season's total to 90 people...

Comment

Source: http://www.thestate.com/2015/01/22/3...ore-in-nc.html

BRIEF: Flu killed 15 more in NC last week, but new cases tapering off
        By JAY PRICE
        The News & Observer (Raleigh, N.C.)January 22, 2015

RALEIGH --- There were 15 new deaths across North Carolina last week from complications of the flu, but the number of apparent new cases continued to taper off, according to figures released by the state Department of Health and Human Services on Thursday.

The new deaths brought the total for the current flu season to 114. That number already exceeds the number who died from the flu last season, 107...

Comment

9 flu-related deaths reported in North Carolina last week

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) ? Nine people died from flu-related illness in North Carolina last week, the smallest number for a reporting period in more than a month.
          The N.C. Department of Health and Human Services reports all nine victims were 65 years of age and older. There have been no pediatric deaths since mid-November.

For the 2014-2015 flu season, the death toll in North Carolina is now at 136.

Comment

NC health officials say 9 more die from flu-related illness
            By - Associated Press - Thursday, February 5, 2015
            RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Health officials in North Carolina say nine more people have died from flu-related symptoms, raising the death toll for the season to 152.

The latest report continues a downward trend in the weekly reports. Since flu deaths peaked at 40 during the week ending Jan. 3, the subsequent weeks have shown a decline. Last week, 12 people died from the flu.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3QuVuKHyg
            Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Comment

NC health officials say 9 more die from flu-related illness
              By - Associated Press - Thursday, February 5, 2015
              RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Health officials in North Carolina say nine more people have died from flu-related symptoms, raising the death toll for the season to 152.

The latest report continues a downward trend in the weekly reports. Since flu deaths peaked at 40 during the week ending Jan. 3, the subsequent weeks have shown a decline. Last week, 12 people died from the flu.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3QuVuKHyg
              @washtimes on Twitter

Comment

Source: http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/02/...-flu.html?rh=1

6 more in NC dead of flu
                From staff reportsFebruary 12, 2015 Updated 1 hour ago

RALEIGH ? With North Carolina?s flu season ebbing, state health officials said Thursday that the virus had claimed six more lives last week, fewer than half the toll the week before and down from a peak of 40 in the week ending Jan. 3.

That brought the total number of flu deaths for the season in the state to 164...

Comment

Record flu-related death toll now at 176 in North Carolina

Posted: Friday, February 27, 2015 11:43 am
                  Richard Craver/Winston-Salem Journal
                  The record death toll in the state?s flu epidemic has increased by six to 176, state health officials said today.
                  About 83 percent of the victims, or 145, are age 65 and older, the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services said.

That includes three of the six new confirmed deaths. Two victims were in the 50-to-64 age group, while one was in the 25-to-49 age group.

Comment

Record death toll from flu climbs to 183

Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2015 7:30 pm
                    Richard Craver/Winston-Salem Journal
                    The record death toll in the state?s flu epidemic has increased by seven to 183, state health officials said today.
                    About 83 percent of the victims, or 151, are age 65 and older, the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services said.
                    That includes six of the seven new confirmed deaths. There also was a victim in the 50-to-64 age group.

Comment

Flu claims 4 more lives in North Carolina
                      THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
                      03/13/2015 9:29 AM 03/13/2015 9:30 AM

RALEIGH, N.C.
                      State health officials say four more people have died from complications of the flu in North Carolina.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reports (http://bit.ly/18gsXzV) that the flu season appears to be declining.

The Department of Health and Human Services reports 189 people have died from influenza this season. That's the highest total since the state began tracking flu deaths in 2009. Officials say 157 of the victims were age 65 or older.
                      Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/living/he...#storylink=cpy

Comment

4 more die in North Carolina of the flu
                        Published 9:38 AM EDT Mar 20, 2015

RALEIGH, N.C. ?The flu is not finished yet as North Carolina health officials report four more people have died of the illness. That brings the death toll this season to nearly 200.

Media outlets report that 197 people have now died of flu-related illnesses in the state.
                        The flu is not finished yet as North Carolina health officials report four more people have died of the illness. That brings the death toll this season to nearly 200.

Comment

N.C.'s deadliest flu season appears to be fizzling out
                          Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 4:50 pm
                          By Paige Rentz Staff writer

North Carolina's deadliest flu season in years appears to be fizzling out.
                          Last week, one person died of flu-related causes, the state Department of Health and Human Services reported Thursday.
                          "Certainly, that's nothing to celebrate, but it's nice to see the numbers go down," said Dr. Zack Moore, an epidemiologist with the state DHHS.
                          That's down from seven straight weeks during each of which six or seven people died. Before then, the state saw six weeks with double-digit death tolls, which peaked at 41 during the week ending Jan. 3.
                          With a total of 207 flu-associated deaths recorded since the week ending Oct. 3, this season has seen nearly double the highest death toll of 107 in at least the past six years. The state began tracking adult deaths in 2009, when the H1N1 flu pandemic struck, Moore said.

Comment

Working...
                          X