Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina Dept of Health and Human Services - Information and Case Counts

North Carolina Dept of Health and Human Services

The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is responsible for ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all North Carolinians.
    http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Re: North Carolina Dept of Health and Human Services - Information and Case Counts

Updates on H1N1 are here

Comment

Re: North Carolina Dept of Health and Human Services - Information and Case Counts

Signs that H1N1 Cases Are Rising in NC

September 11th, 2009 by Kristen Shipherd

State Influenza Surveillance Coordinator Torrey McLean reported on Thursday that ?it appears that Pandemic A (H1N1) influenza is rising sharply both in North Carolina and throughout the entire southeast.? Virtually all confirmed influenza activity within the latest reporting cycle continues to be the Pandemic A (H1N1) virus. The latest report comes as the state prepares for the start of the new flu reporting season on September 28, 2009. Influenza activity began to increase sharply the first week of September, according to the state?s sentinel sites and participating hospital emergency departments. That coincided with the start of the new school year across the state. You can read the latest NC Weekly Influenza Surveillance Summary (#43) at www.epi.state.nc.us/epi/gcdc/flu.html.

"Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
      -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Here's the %ILI Chart from the website - wow that's an impressive jump.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NC ILI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	650099
        "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Working...
        X