New Jersey Influenza 2017-18; 3 pediatric fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey Influenza 2017-18; 3 pediatric fatalities

Flu has killed 7 in Pa. and N.J., but it's not the only virus making us sick
    Updated: JANUARY 3, 2018 ? 3:25 PM EST
    by Stacey Burling, Staff Writer @StaceyABurling | sburling@phillynews.com

Through the end of December, flu had killed six people in Pennsylvania and one unvaccinated 4-year-old in central New Jersey.
    The flu season is on the upswing. Seven people have died in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, including one child. Other viruses are also taking a toll.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

4-year-old confirmed as first N.J. flu death this season as ER visits break records
    Updated 6:34 PM; Posted 6:33 PM

By Spencer Kent skent@njadvancemedia.com,
    NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Officials have confirmed that a 4-year-old girl was the first flu-related death in New Jersey this season, which some experts believe could be one of the worst on record.

The girl, who lived in Central Jersey, died in December and had not been vaccinated, according to Dawn Thomas, spokeswoman for the state Department of Health. The girl's name and town, however, were not released.
    Officials have confirmed that a 4-year-old girl was the first flu-related death in New Jersey this season, which some experts believe could be one of the worst on record.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

North Bergen student dies of flu-like symptoms
      Joshua Jongsma, Staff Writer, @jongsmjo Published 8:59 p.m. ET Feb. 12, 2018 | Updated 9:08 p.m. ET Feb. 12, 2018

A student from North Bergen died from flu-like symptoms, according to a Monday school announcement.

"Today is a sad day in the North Bergen School District as we have lost one of our own," the district posted on Facebook. "I would like to express on behalf of the entire North Bergen School District our deepest sympathies for the family of our student, our hearts, thoughts, and prayers are with you during this difficult time."

The student's name, age, gender and date of death were not specified by the district.

The district's statement said it was taking precautions to stop the spread of the flu.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...oms/331830002/

5-Year-Old NJ Kindergartener Dies; Flu Probed As Cause: Reports
      A kindergartener has died, and the school district is taking precautions to prevent the possible spread of the flu, reports say.
      By Tom Davis, Patch Staff | Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm ET | Updated Feb 12, 2018 8:27 pm ET

A 5-year-old girl in New Jersey has died after getting sick, and school officials are investigating the death as possibly flu-related, according to reports.

The girl was a kindergarten student at the Lincoln School in North Bergen, according to ABC7. News4 New York said the girl's death is being investigated as possibly the second flu-related pediatric death in New Jersey this season.
      A kindergartener has died, and the school district is taking precautions to prevent the possible spread of the flu, officials say.

Comment

6-Year-Old New Jersey Girl Dies of Flu, Marking State's 2nd Pediatric Influenza Death This Season
        New York City has already confirmed four pediatric flu-related deaths this season
        Published 21 minutes ago

A 6-year-old New Jersey girl died of the flu on Monday, marking the state's second such pediatric death this season and the latest in a string of child lives lost to influenza as the virus continues to affect people across the country.

Health officials made the announcement Tuesday. Authorities identified the victim only as a 6-year-old girl from Hudson County and said the flu diagnosis had been confirmed by hospital testing. It wasn't clear if she was vaccinated.

Comment

School officials: Third child in New Jersey dies after coming down with the flu

Updated 1 min ago
          ELIZABETH, New Jersey (WABC) -- A child in New Jersey has died after coming down with the flu, possibly making it the third pediatric flu-related death in the state.

Elizabeth Schools Superintendent Olga Hugelmeyer said in a note to parents on Sunday saying, "It is with great sadness that I must report to you that the Elizabeth School District has lost one of its own."
          A child in New Jersey has died after coming down with the flu, possibly making it the third pediatric flu-related death in the state.

Comment

3rd child death associated with flu reported in New Jersey
            Originally published February 21, 2018 at 12:56 pm

Share story
            By The Associated Press
            The Associated Press
            TRENTON, N.J. (AP) ? State health officials have confirmed the third death of a New Jersey child associated with the flu this season.

The 7-year-old Elizabeth girl died over the weekend. The state health department announced Wednesday that tests have confirmed the child had the flu, but did not disclose the child?s name.

Comment

Working...
            X