Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hampshire Deaths Increase to 35, including 1st child

New Hampshire Flu Update

Like many areas of the country, flu activity in New Hampshire continues to increase with high levels of influenza-like-illness being reported in communities around the State.
    • So far this season there have been 45 outbreaks reported, most occuring in nursing homes or long-term care facilities; 24 of those outbreaks remain open and active.
    • There have been 30 flu-related deaths in New Hampshire so far this flu season.
    • Anyone over the age of 6 months is encouraged to get vaccinated as it remains the best protection against the illness.

Welcome to the new DHHS website! To find the content you need, please click Search the Site located in the gray bar at the top of all pages, or take a video tour of our new site.   
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: New Hampshire Deaths Increase to 35

New Hampshire updated their site again today.

New Hampshire Flu Update
    Like many areas of the country, flu activity in New Hampshire continues to increase with high levels of influenza-like-illness being reported in communities around the State.
    • So far this season there have been 46 outbreaks reported, most occuring in nursing homes or long-term care facilities; 6 of those outbreaks remain open and active.
    • There have been 35 flu-related deaths in New Hampshire so far this flu season.
    • Anyone over the age of 6 months is encouraged to get vaccinated as it remains the best protection against the illness.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: New Hampshire Deaths Increase to 35, including 1st child

NH flu deaths increase to 35, including 1st child
      Updated 12:02 pm, Tuesday, January 29, 2013

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) ? State health officials say the number of flu-related deaths in New Hampshire has increased to 35 ? and the first child death among them.

The department says the total is highest number of flu-related deaths in a single season the state has recorded since 1997.

The department says the child who died was under 5 years old. No further information was available on the death.

The state saw a total of 19 deaths reported in 2012.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/N...#ixzz2JOkjm6pN

Comment

Working...
      X