X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu claims 12 lives this season in Vegas area

Widespread Flu Activity Across U.S.; 3 Flu-Related Deaths in S. Nevada

-snip-

The highest rates of flu have been reported in Texas, Missouri, Mississippi and Alabama. Health officials say three people have died of flu-related complications in southern Nevada so far this season. The Southern Nevada Health District reported Tuesday that two middle-aged people and an elderly person succumbed to the virus.

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: 6 Flu-Related Deaths in S. Nevada

Sixth Flu Death Reported In Southern Nevada

(Las Vegas, NV) ? There have now been 6 flu-related deaths in our area so far this season.

That from Dr Joe Iser, the Chief Medical Officer of the Southern Nevada Health District, telling 100.5 this morning that the victims include 3 older people, two of what he describes as ?younger folk? and one so-called middle-aged person (he didn?t give their ages).

...more

Watch CBS News live and get the latest, breaking news headlines of the day for national news and world news today.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: 6 Flu-Related Deaths in S. Nevada

Flu-related deaths in Clark County climb to 6

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Three more people have died as a result of the flu in Clark County, bringing that total to six, the Southern Nevada Health District said Wednesday.

Of the six who have died, two were young adults, one was a middle-aged adult and three were elderly adults, according to SNHD spokesperson Jennifer Sizemore.

Comment

Re: Flu claims 9 lives this season in Vegas area

Flu claims 9 lives this season in Vegas area

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Health officials say the number of people who have died of the flu in the Las Vegas area so far this season is up to nine.

Officials with the Southern Nevada Health District say three of the victims were between the ages of 19 and 44. Two were between the ages of 45 and 65, and four were older than 65.

...more

Comment

Re: Flu claims 9 lives this season in Vegas area

Three new flu-related deaths reported

A pediatric patient was among three new flu-related deaths reported by the Southern Nevada Health District Monday.

Officials would not release the names, ages or genders of those who died, per Nevada law, but the health district said one child, three young adults, three middle-aged individuals, and five elderly people have died since the beginning of flu season.

A pediatric patient was among three new flu-related deaths reported by the Southern Nevada Health District Monday.

Comment

Re: Flu claims 18 lives this season in Vegas area

Health agency reports 18 flu deaths in Vegas area

LAS VEGAS ? The Southern Nevada Health District says the number of flu-related deaths in the Las Vegas area is up to 18.

District spokeswoman Jennifer Sizemore said Monday that the death of one child under age 4 is being blamed on this year's flu.

Five adults ages 25 to 49, five people ages 50 to 64, and seven adults over age 65 have died.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2014/02/2...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Re: Flu claims 12 lives this season in Vegas area

Clark County Flu Deaths at 22

LAS VEGAS -- The number of people in Clark County who have died from the flu now stands at 22, according to the Southern Nevada Health District.

The district reports there have been 489 confirmed cases of influenza in the Las Vegas valley with 259 people requiring hospitalization.

The most prevalent strain of the flu this year is the H1N1 strain which caused problems in 2009.

Comment

Working...
              X