X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska Dept. of Health and Human Services - Information and Case Counts

Nebraska Dept. of Health and Human Services

http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Re: Nebraska Dept. of Health and Human Services - Information and Case Counts

Flu Report as of October 17th:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	1
Size:	208.6 KB
ID:	650403

Comment

Weekly Influenza Report: http://www.hhs.state.ne.us/flu/report.htm

2009-2010 Influenza Season
      Week 41, ending October 17, 2009

Synopsis: During week 41 (October 11-17, 2009), Nebraska reported widespread activity to CDC.
      To date, H1N1 illness in Nebraska and the United States continues to be similar to seasonal influenza, with the vast majority of diagnosed patients having mild illness.

Viral Surveillance: 842 of 3090 rapid influenza tests (27.95%) tested positive (817 A and 25 B) at 68 Nebraska collaborating laboratories for influenza.

Name:	Picture 2.png
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	650406

There have been 234 lab-confirmed cases, of those, 90 (34%) have been hospitalized. 71 new lab confirmed A/H1N1 cases reported this week. All of the subtyped influenza A viruses in NE were
      H1N1-2009. 65% of confirmed cases are children 18 years old and younger.

Outpatient Illness Surveillance: The proportion of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) has increased substantially this week, up to 14.29% from 6.69% last week with9 of 18 (50%) providers reporting.

Name:	Picture 1.png
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	650407

Hospital Influenza-like Illness (ILI) Admissions Surveillance
      : 261 new influenza-associated hospitalizations this week, bringing the season total to 1451. 62% of hospitalizations are children 18 years old and younger. 27% of hospitalizations are adults 65 years old and older.

Name:	Picture 3.png
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	650405

Mortality: Two (2) deaths in Nebraska have been attributed to lab confirmed influenza virus since August 30, 2009.

Comment

A couple things I noticed in this report:
        An increase of outpatient visits from 6.69% to 14.29% with only 50% providers reporting.

The proportion of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) has increased substantially this week, up to 14.29% from 6.69% last week with
        9 of 18 (50%) providers reporting.
        Also Flu B...
        25 cases reported this week. Now that may explain the hospitizations over 64 years old.

And lastly, deaths. 2 deaths reported so far this year. Now, 4 more reported recently (past week?) by Shiloh, posted here:

Comment

Originally posted by Commonground View Post
          And lastly, deaths. 2 deaths reported so far this year. Now, 4 more reported recently (past week?) by Shiloh, posted here:

http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=129733
          I think the two in the State report are included in the four reported in Shiloh's post. These are reported as deaths "this year", which I believe are deaths since September 1st. Prior to September 1st we had the following three:

56 yo woman - died July
          50 yo woman - died August
          22 yo woman - died August

That would make a total of five through Week 41 and seven as of the date of the report in Shiloh's post.

I have found that some states are supplementing the information from the last surveillance report on their websites to bring the numbers more current. This is probably due to the dramatic increase in illness and death in the past two weeks. But, it does make it confusing.
          "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Thanks JimO. I don't know what we would do without you!

Comment

Working...
            X