Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-16 (No New Deaths; Total Seven)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-16 (No New Deaths; Total Seven)

Week 45: No Activity
    Influenza activity remains low in Nebraska.
    Virologic Surveillance: Zero (0) influenza specimens were tested by PCR. 2 of 191 (1.05%) rapid flu tests performed by Nebraska hospital laboratories were positive, 1 A & 1 B.
    Outpatient Illness Surveillance: The proportion of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness was 0.65%, which is below the Nebraska baseline of 2.96%.
    Inpatient Hospitalization Surveillance: The proportion of inpatient visits for ILI was 1.10%.
    Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) Mortality Surveillance: The proportion of deaths attributed to P&I was below the epidemic threshold.
    Influenza-associated Pediatric Mortality: No influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported.

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-47 (Sporadic)

Week 47: Sporadic

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-48 (Sporadic)

Week 48: Sporadic
      ED ILI: 5.37% (majority 4 years and younger) Most recent data thru 7DEC
      School Absenteeism for ILI: 2.1%
      o Virologic Surveillance: One (1) influenza specimen was tested by PCR and was positive for Influenza A, H3. 3 of 320 (0.94%) rapid flu tests performed by Nebraska hospital laboratories were positive, 2 A & 1 B.
      o Outpatient Illness Surveillance: 0.67%, which is below the Nebraska baseline of 2.96%.
      o Inpatient Hospitalization Surveillance: The proportion of inpatient visits for ILI was 0.7%.
      o Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) Mortality Surveillance: The proportion of deaths attributed to P&I was below the epidemic threshold.
      o Influenza-associated Pediatric Mortality: No influenza-associated pediatric deaths were Reported in Nebraska.

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-49 (Sporadic)

Week 49: Sporadic
        ED ILI: 5.83% The group that has seen the highest proportion of visits to the ED for ILI in the previous 11 days are those in the 2-4 year old age group.

Virologic Surveillance: There have been three lab-confirmed (PCR) influenza cases in NE(all in Douglas County). All were typed as seasonal H3 viruses. 2 of 314 (0.64%) rapid flu tests performed by Nebraska hospital laboratories were positive, 1 A & 1 B.

Outpatient Illness Surveillance: The proportion of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness was 0.00%, which is below the Nebraska baseline of 2.96%.
        Inpatient Hospitalization Surveillance: The proportion of inpatient visits for ILI was 1.23%.
        Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) Mortality Surveillance: The proportion of deaths attributed to P&I was below the epidemic threshold.
        Influenza-associated Pediatric Mortality: No influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported in Nebraska.

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-51 (Sporadic)

Week 51: Sporadic
          There were 57 hospitalizations due to ILI (1.35%) in week 51, compared to 38 hospitalizations (0.87%) in week 50. (The group that has seen the highest proportion of visits to the ED for ILI in the previous 11 days are those in the 2-4 year old age group.)
          40% positive for influenza A/H3 (PCR testing); 1.07% positive (rapid testing)
          School absenteeism due to ILI: 1.07%

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-2 (One Death Reported)

Week 2: Influenza activity is increasing in Nebraska (Sporadic)
            1 death reported from influenza A; total 1

Virologic Surveillance: Influenza A H3 (seasonal) is currently the predominant circulating strain in Nebraska. Of the rapid influenza tests performed by Nebraska hospital laboratories, 6 of 328 (2.63&#37 were positive, 5 A & 1 B.

Outpatient Illness Surveillance: The proportion of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness was 0.90%.

Inpatient Hospitalization Surveillance: The proportion of inpatient visits for ILI was 1.04%.

Influenza-associated Pediatric Mortality: No influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported in Nebraska.

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-3 (No New Deaths; Total One)

Week 3: Sporadic
              No new deaths; total 1
              ILI: 7.69%
              ED ILI: 1.52%
              4.34% (rapid) positive for A; A(H3N2) predominant
              School absenteeism: 2.61%

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-4 (No New Deaths; Total One)

Week 4: Sporadic
                No new deaths; total 1
                ILI: 0.85%
                ED ILI: 6.65% (The group that has seen the highest proportion of visits to the ED for ILI in the previous 11 days are those in the <2 year old age group.)
                6.68% (rapid) positive for A; A(H3N2) predominant
                School absenteeism: 2.54%

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-5 (No New Deaths; Total One)

Week 5: Sporadic
                  No new deaths; total 1
                  ILI: 5.41%
                  ED ILI: 1.31%
                  School absenteeism: 2.33%

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-6 (No New Deaths; Total One)

Week 6: Local
                    No new deaths; total 1
                    ILI: 6.77&#37;
                    ED ILI: 10.46% (The group that has seen the highest proportion of visits to the ED for ILI in the previous 11 days are those in the 2-4 year old age group.)
                    School absenteeism: 2.42%

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-7 (No New Deaths; Total One)

Week 7: Local
                      No new deaths; total 1
                      ILI: 7.42&#37;
                      ED ILI: 9.26% (The group that has seen the highest proportion of visits to the ED for ILI in the previous 11 days are those in the 2-4 year old age group.)
                      School absenteeism: 2.33%
                      7.42% (rapid) positive for influenza A

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-8 (No New Deaths; Total One)

Week 8: Regional
                        No new deaths; total 1
                        ILI: N/A
                        ED ILI: 10.4% (The group that has seen the highest proportion of visits to the ED for ILI in the previous 11 days are those in the <2 year old age group.)
                        School absenteeism: 1.99%
                        11.35% (rapid) positive (majority A)

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-9 (No New Deaths; Total One)

Week 9: Regional
                          No new deaths; total 1
                          ILI: 2.35%
                          ED ILI: 9.97% (The group that has seen the highest proportion of visits to the ED for ILI in the previous 11 days are those in the <2 year old age group.)
                          School absenteeism: 1.77%
                          13.17% (rapid) positive: A

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-15 (No New Deaths; Total One)

Here is the %ILI chart through Week 16 in Nebraska (2011-12 in green). It's a bit surprising to see ILI trending upward this time of year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NE Week 16 %ILI.png
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	659047
                            "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: Nebraska 2011-2012 Flu Season: Weeks 45-16 (No New Deaths; Total Seven)

Week 16: Influenza activity is decreasing and remains low in Nebraska.
                              No new deaths; total 7

ILI: 3.52&#37;
                              ED ILI: 4.17%
                              School absenteeism for ILI: 1.37%
                              5.59% positive for influenza

Comment

Working...
                              X