Montana Influenza 2017-18: 41 fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana Influenza 2017-18: 41 fatalities

Through Week 1, Montana is reporting 12 flu-related deaths, with no pediatric deaths. Click image for larger version

Name:	Montana Week 1 Flu Deaths.png
Views:	200
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	788188
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Through Week 2, Montana is reporting 18 flu-related deaths.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Montana Week 2.PNG
Views:	63
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	788728
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Montana is reporting 12 flu-related deaths through Week 3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MT week 3.PNG
Views:	58
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	789351

Comment

Cases reported as of January 27, 2018 (MMWR Week 04)
        State Summary: Flu activity is defined as WIDESPREAD1
        ? Influenza activity increased during week 4 of 2018 with 723 new cases reported from 43 counties.
        ? Season to date, all but one county has reported at least one case of influenza.
        ? Season to date, 3,289 cases, 423 hospitalizations, and 21 deaths due to influenza have been
        reported.
        ? The most common influenza type identified this season is Influenza A H3.
        ? During week 4, the proportion of healthcare provider visits for influenza like illness (ILI) was at
        0.34%, below the baseline of 1.3%.
        ? One new influenza outbreak was reported during week 4. Season to date, 16 outbreaks have
        been reported.
        ? RSV activity increased during week 4 and is above the 10% positivity threshold (16.6%). RSV
        season onset has occurred. Detailed RSV information is found on page 6.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Cases reported as of February 3, 2018 (MMWR Week 05)
          State Summary: Flu activity is defined as WIDESPREAD
          ? Influenza activity increased during week 5 of 2018 with 779 new cases reported from 41 counties.
          ? Season to date, at least one case of influenza has been reported from all counties in Montana.
          ? Season to date, 4,269 cases, 487 hospitalizations, and 24 deaths due to influenza have been
          reported.

? The most common influenza type identified this season is Influenza A H3. However, the
          proportion of influenza B strains detected has increased over the last three weeks and is now at
          27.1%
          ? During week 5, the proportion of healthcare provider and emergency room visits for influenza like
          illness (ILI) increased.
          ? One new influenza outbreak was reported during week 5. Season to date, 17 outbreaks have
          been reported.
          ? RSV activity increased during week 5 and is above the 10% positivity threshold (17.7%). RSV
          season onset has occurred. Detailed RSV information is found on page 6.
          The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

State Summary: Flu activity is defined as WIDESPREAD
            ? Influenza activity increased during week 7 of 2018 with 685 new cases reported from 35 counties.
            ? Season to date, at least one case of influenza has been reported from all counties in Montana.
            ? Season to date, 5,854 cases, 622 hospitalizations, and 31 deaths due to influenza have been
            reported.

? The most common influenza type identified this season is Influenza A H3. However, the
            proportion of influenza B strains detected has increased over the last three weeks and is now at
            36.5%. Influenza A H1N1 strains have also been identified (3%).
            ? During week 7, the proportion of healthcare provider and emergency room visits for influenza like
            illness (ILI) decreased slightly.
            ? Three new influenza outbreaks were reported during week 7. Season to date, 21 outbreaks have
            been reported.
            ? RSV activity increased slightly during week 7 and remains above the 10% positivity threshold
            (18.1%). Detailed RSV information is found on page 6.

Comment

First pediatric flu death of the season in Montana reported
              Posted: Feb 28, 2018 10:06 PM EST
              Updated: Feb 28, 2018 10:11 PM EST
              By MTN NewsCONNECT
              BILLINGS - A fourth-grade student at St. Francis Catholic School died of influenza Tuesday, the first reported pediatric flu death in Montana this season, RiverStone Health announced Wednesday.

The girl had fallen ill Sunday and died three days later. She was identified as Chloe Lai of Billings.

Influenza In Montana has declined in recent weeks but remains a problem in an overall busy season. The state has seen 6,500 cases, 674 hospitalizations and 33 deaths.

Comment

Cases reported as of March 3, 2018 (MMWR Week 09)
                ? Influenza activity continued during week 9 of 2018 with 688 new cases reported from 49 counties.
                ? Season to date, 7,286 cases, 725 hospitalizations, and 35 deaths (1 pediatric) due to influenza
                have been reported. Peak activity occurred during MMWR weeks 5?6.

proportion of influenza B strains detected has increased over the last several weeks and is now at
                47.5%. Influenza A H1N1 strains have also been identified (3.7%).
                ? During week 9, the proportion of healthcare provider visits for influenza like illness (ILI) increased
                slightly.
                ? One new influenza outbreak was reported during week 9. Season to date, 22 outbreaks have
                been reported.
                ? RSV activity decreased slightly during week 9 and remains above the 10% positivity threshold
                (15.2%). Detailed RSV information is found on page 6.

Comment

? Influenza activity continued during week 10 of 2018 with 753 new cases reported from 43
                  counties.
                  ? Season to date, 8,108 cases, 776 hospitalizations, and 38 deaths (1 pediatric) due to influenza
                  have been reported.
                  Peak activity occurred during MMWR weeks 5?6.
                  proportion of influenza B strains detected has increased over the last several weeks and is now at
                  47.9%. Influenza A H1N1 strains have also been identified (8%).
                  ? During week 10, the proportion of healthcare provider and emergency room visits for influenza
                  like illness (ILI) decreased.
                  ? Three new influenza outbreaks were reported during week 10. Season to date, 28 outbreaks
                  have been reported.
                  ? RSV activity decreased slightly during week 10 and remains above the 10% positivity threshold
                  (16.2%). Detailed RSV information is found on page 6.

Comment

Montana Influenza Summary
                    Cases reported as of March 17, 2018 (MMWR Week 11)
                    Montana DPHHS, Communicable Disease Epidemiology

State Summary: Flu activity is defined as REGIONAL1
                    ? Influenza activity decreased during week 11 of 2018 with 487 new cases reported from 42
                    counties.
                    ? Season to date, 8,625 cases, 816 hospitalizations, and 41 deaths (1 pediatric) due to influenza

55.4%. Influenza A H1N1 strains have also been identified (6.8%).
                    ? During week 11, the proportion of healthcare provider and emergency room visits for influenza
                    ? Two new influenza outbreaks were reported during week 11. Season to date, 30 outbreaks have
                    been reported.
                    ? RSV activity decreased slightly during week 11 and remains above the 10% positivity threshold
                    (16.8%). Detailed RSV information is found on page 6.

Comment

Montana Influenza Summary
                      Cases reported as of March 31, 2018 (MMWR Week 13)
                      The Montana Department of Health and Human Services (DPHHS) provides a weekly report throughout
                      the influenza season that coordinates data from a variety of sources to give the most complete and up to
                      date view of influenza activity in the state of Montana. All data are preliminary and may change as more
                      complete information is received.
                      ? Influenza activity decreased during week 13 of 2018 with 304 new cases reported from 32
                      counties.
                      ? Season to date, 9,367 cases, 902 hospitalizations, and 57 deaths (1 pediatric) due to influenza

68%. Influenza A H1N1 strains have also been identified (2.3%).
                      ? During week 13, the proportion of healthcare provider and emergency room visits for influenza
                      ? Two new influenza outbreaks were reported during week 13. Season to date, 32 outbreaks have
                      been reported.
                      ? RSV activity decreased during week 13 and remains above the 10% positivity threshold (12.2%).
                      Detailed RSV information is found on page 6. Two RSV outbreaks have been reported to date,
                      both in long term care facilities.

Comment

Cases reported as of April 14, 2018 (MMWR Week 15)
                        The Montana Department of Health and Human Services (DPHHS) provides a weekly report throughout
                        the influenza season that coordinates data from a variety of sources to give the most complete and up to
                        date view of influenza activity in the state of Montana. All data are preliminary and may change as more
                        complete information is received.
                        ? Influenza activity decreased during week 15 of 2018 with 174 new cases reported from 21
                        counties.
                        ? Season to date, 9,943 cases, 941 hospitalizations, and 58 deaths (1 pediatric) due to influenza

76%. Influenza A H1N1 strains have also been identified (7.6%).
                        ? During week 15, the proportion of healthcare provider and emergency room visits for influenza
                        ? No new influenza outbreaks were reported during week 15. Season to date, 32 outbreaks have
                        been reported.
                        ? RSV activity increased slightly during week 15, back above the 10% positivity threshold. Detailed
                        RSV information is found on page 6. Four RSV outbreaks have been reported to date in long term
                        care and daycare facilities.

Comment

Working...
                        X