No announcement yet.

Montana Influenza Surveillance 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed or Suspected Influenza Cases Reported as of 3/26/2016 (MMWR Week 12)

Montana's influenza activity level for the week ending on 3/26/2016 is defined as: WIDESPREAD1
    Current Influenza Activity: Influenza activity continued to increase across the state during the week of March 20?26,
    2016 with 570 cases reported. Since September 1, 2015, 2585 cases and 235 hospitalizations have been reported to
    DPHHS. Six deaths attributed to influenza have been reported this season. The following maps demonstrate influenza
    activity by case counts for the most recent reporting week, case counts for the flu season to date, and rates for the season
    to date (per 10,000 persons).
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Billings 9-year-old dies after being diagnosed with swine flu
      By MATT HOFFMAN mhoffman@billingsgazette.com Updated 4 hrs ago 2

BOB ZELLAR/Gazette Staff
      The Lincoln Center, which houses Billings School District 2's administration offices, sits in Downtown Billings with the Rimrocks as a backdrop.
      A 9-year-old Billings girl died after being diagnosed with swine flu, county health officials learned Monday.

The child?s cause of death is still unclear ? an advisory sent out by RiverStone cites ?complications,? and says that testing to determine the cause is underway. It?s unclear if the child was hospitalized prior to her death.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Confirmed or Suspected Influenza Cases Reported as of 4/2/2016 (MMWR Week 13)

Current Influenza Activity: Influenza activity continued across the state during the week of March 27 ? April 2, 2016 with
        496 cases reported. Since September 1, 2015, 3081 cases and 259 hospitalizations have been reported to DPHHS. Nine
        deaths attributed to influenza have been reported this season. The following maps demonstrate influenza activity by case
        counts for the most recent reporting week, case counts for the flu season to date, and rates for the season to date (per
        10,000 persons).

2 more flu-related deaths reported in Yellowstone County
        By ZACH BENOIT zbenoit@billingsgazette.com Updated 5 min ago 0
        Medical
        Public health officials said on Friday that there have been two more influenza-related deaths in Yellowstone County, bringing the total in the past week and for the season to three.

John Felton, president and CEO of RiverStone Health, said that since Monday an adult and a child have died. The county's first flu-related death of the season happened on Monday when a 9-year-old Billings girl and Poly Drive Elementary student died from the H1N1 strain of the flu.

Comment

Confirmed or Suspected Influenza Cases Reported as of 4/9/2016 (MMWR Week 14)

Montana's influenza activity level for the week ending on 4/9/2016 is defined as: REGIONAL1

Current Influenza Activity: Influenza activity declined slightly across the state during the week of April 3?9, 2016 with
          445 cases reported. Since September 1, 2015, 3609 cases and 298 hospitalizations have been reported to DPHHS.
          Twelve deaths attributed to influenza have been reported this season. The following maps demonstrate influenza activity
          by case counts for the most recent reporting week, case counts for the flu season to date, and rates for the season to date
          (per 10,000 persons).

Comment

Confirmed or Suspected Influenza Cases Reported as of 4/16/2016 (MMWR Week 15)

Montana's influenza activity level for the week ending on 4/16/2016 is defined as: REGIONAL1

Current Influenza Activity: Influenza activity declined across the state during the week of April 10?16, 2016 with 258
            cases reported. Since September 1, 2015, 3886 cases and 339 hospitalizations have been reported to DPHHS. Fifteen
            deaths attributed to influenza have been reported this season.
            The following maps demonstrate influenza activity by case
            counts for the most recent reporting week, case counts for the flu season to date, and rates for the season to date (per
            10,000 persons).

Comment

Montana's influenza activity level for the week ending on 4/23/2016 is defined as: LOCAL1

Current Influenza Activity: Influenza activity declined across the state during the week of April 17?23, 2016 with 211
              cases reported. Since September 1, 2015, 4108 cases and 383 hospitalizations have been reported to DPHHS. Sixteen
              deaths attributed to influenza have been reported this season.
              The following maps demonstrate influenza activity by case
              10,000 persons).

Comment

Montana's influenza activity level for the week ending on 5/7/2016 is defined as: LOCAL1

Current Influenza Activity: Influenza activity declined across the state during the week of May 1?7, 2016 with 59 cases
                reported. Since September 1, 2015, 4280 cases and 409 hospitalizations have been reported to DPHHS. Twenty deaths
                attributed to influenza have been reported this season.
                The following maps demonstrate influenza activity by case counts
                for the most recent reporting week, case counts for the flu season to date, and rates for the season to date (per 10,000
                persons).

Comment

Working...
                X