• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montana Influenza 2014-2015: 395 hospitalizations, 10 fatalities

Montana flu epidemic kills 9 in just over a month
    Missoulian ^ | 1/29/15 | ERIC KILLELEA
    Posted on 1/29/2015, 10:37:18 PM by null and void

HELENA - An influenza epidemic in Montana has killed nine people and hospitalized 318 in just over the past month, according to the state Department of Public Health and Human Services.

Lewis and Clark County health officials reported no local deaths, but said 41 people in the county have been hospitalized from the illness this flu season.

?The hospitalization and death rates show that it?s hitting the 65 and older population hard,? said Karen Wandel, registered nurse at the Lewis and Clark City-County Health Department, adding that children are also severely affected.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Montana has 10 flu deaths, 395 hospitalizations
    The Associated PressJanuary 30, 2015 Updated 1 hour ago

HELENA, MONT. ? Montana's 2014-15 flu season is already more severe than last year's with at least three months remaining.

The Department of Public Health and Human Services says 395 people have been hospitalized with influenza and 10 people have died since mid-December. The report released Friday included data through Jan. 24.

During the week of Jan. 18-24, 711 cases of flu were reported to state health officials, bringing this season's total to 3,670.

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2015/01/3...#storylink=cpy
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X