X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri Influenza 2019-20; 67 fatalities

Flu Death In St. Francois County
    NOV 19, 2019 @ 10:39AM
    (Park Hills) The number of flu cases being reported to the St. Francois County Heatlh Center in Park Hills is starting to pick up. Tiffany Roth is the communicable disease coordinator at the health center.

Roth says the flu death involved an elderly person
    https://www.mymoinfo.com/flu-death-i...ancois-county/
    Last edited by Missouriwatcher; March 20, 2020, 01:22 PM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Photo by: thinkstock
    LOCAL
    3 flu-related deaths reported in Missouri
    So far this season, the Department of Health said there have been 3 flu-related deaths in the state
    Author: Ashley Cole
    Published: 11:32 AM CST December 9, 2019
    Updated: 11:32 AM CST December 9, 2019
    ST. LOUIS — The Missouri Department of Health announced it has received three reports of flu-related deaths this season.

The total number of influenza cases in the state recently surpassed the 1,500 mark, the Department of Health said.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Weekly Flu reports: https://health.mo.gov/living/healthc...ports.php#1819

Missouri Weekly Influenza Surveillance Report
      2019-2020 Influenza Season1
      Week 49: December 1, 2019 – December 7, 2019
      All data are preliminary and may change as more reports are received.
      Summary:
       The estimated influenza activity in Missouri is Local2
       A total of 485 laboratory-positive3
      influenza cases (158 influenza A, 323 influenza B, and 4 untyped) were
      reported during Week 49. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 2,202 (44.2%
      influenza A, 55.2% influenza B, and 0.6% untyped). No laboratory-positive cases of influenza were reported by
      the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 49. The percentage of respiratory specimens
      testing positive for influenza in Missouri laboratories reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric Virus
      Surveillance System (NREVSS) decreased during Week 49 (Figure 6).
       Influenza-like illness (ILI) activity was above baseline for the Missouri Outpatient ILI Surveillance Network
      (ILINet) and for the hospital emergency room visit chief complaint data reported through ESSENCE. The
      reported percentage of visits for ILI was 2.80% (Figure 5) and 2.8% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
      respectively.
      4 The ILI data from a small number of sites located in the Northwest Region of the state is currently
      unavailable in ESSENCE. Therefore, the ILI data for the Northwest Region should be interpreted with caution.
       Four influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 49.
      5 During Week 48, 29 deaths
      involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records, resulting in a season-todate total of 346 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6
       No influenza or ILI-associated outbreaks or school closures have been reported in Missouri as of Week 49.
       Seasonal influenza activity in the United States continued to increase during Week 48. National influenza
      surveillance information is prepared by CDC and is included in the weekly FluView report, which is available
      online at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivitysurv.htm.

Comment

Week 50: December 8, 2019 – December 14, 2019
        Summary:
         The estimated influenza activity in Missouri is Regional2
         A total of 857 laboratory-positive3
        influenza cases (237 influenza A, 598 influenza B, and 22 untyped) were
        reported during Week 50. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 3,246 (40.2%
        influenza A, 58.7% influenza B, and 1.1% untyped). One laboratory-positive case of influenza (AH1N1) was
        reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 50. The percentage of respiratory
        specimens testing positive for influenza in Missouri laboratories reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric
        Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) increased during Week 50 (Figure 6).
         Influenza-like illness (ILI) activity was above baseline for the Missouri Outpatient ILI Surveillance Network
        (ILINet) and for the hospital emergency room visit chief complaint data reported through ESSENCE. The
        reported percentage of visits for ILI was 4.17% (Figure 5) and 3.23% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
        respectively.
        4 The ILI data from a small number of sites located in the Northwest Region of the state is currently
        unavailable in ESSENCE. Therefore, the ILI data for the Northwest Region should be interpreted with caution.
         Five influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 50.
        5 During Week 49, 54 deaths
        involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records, resulting in a season-todate total of 400 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6
         No influenza or ILI-associated outbreaks or school closures have been reported in Missouri as of Week 50.
         Seasonal influenza activity in the United States has been elevated for five weeks and continued to increase during
        Week 49. National influenza surveillance information is prepared by CDC and is included in the weekly FluView
        report, which is available online at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivitysurv.htm

First Kansas City flu death of season confirmed
        Health Department says it's not too late to be vaccinated

58 Shares
        KMBCUpdated: 5:23 PM CST Dec 20, 2019
        KMBC 9 News Staff

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —
        The first confirmed flu death of the season has been reported in Kansas City, according to the Kansas City, Missouri Health Department.

Health officials said the patient was in their 60s and had underlying health conditions. No other information about the person was released.

Comment

Week 52: December 22, 2019 – December 28, 2019
          Summary:
           The estimated influenza activity in Missouri is Widespread2
           A total of 779 laboratory-positive3
          influenza cases (306 influenza A, 470 influenza B, and 3 untyped) were
          reported during Week 52. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 5,900 (36.3%
          influenza A, 62.8% influenza B, and 0.9% untyped). Six laboratory-positive cases of influenza (three influenza A
          (H1N1), one influenza A (H3), and two influenza B (Victoria)) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health
          Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 52. The percentage of respiratory specimens testing positive for influenza in
          Missouri laboratories reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS)
          decreased during Week 52 (Figure 6).
          reported percentage of visits for ILI was 5.03% (Figure 5) and 4.4% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
          respectively.
           Eight influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 52.
          5 During Week 51, 29 deaths
          involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records, resulting in a season-todate total of 444 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6
           No influenza or ILI-associated outbreaks or school closures have been reported in Missouri as of Week 52.
           Seasonal influenza activity in the United States has been elevated for seven weeks and continued to increase
          during Week 51. National influenza surveillance information is prepared by CDC and is included in the weekly
          FluView report, which is available online at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivitysurv.htm.

Comment

Week 1: December 29, 2019 – January 4, 2020
            Summary:
             A total of 2,272 laboratory-positive3
            influenza cases (830 influenza A, 1,424 influenza B, and 18 untyped) were
            reported during Week 1. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 11,171 (34.7%
            influenza A, 64.3% influenza B, and 1% untyped). No laboratory-positive cases of influenza were reported by the
            Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 1. The percentage of respiratory specimens
            testing positive for influenza in Missouri laboratories reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric Virus
            Surveillance System (NREVSS) decreased during Week 1 (Figure 6).
            reported percentage of visits for ILI was 5.06% (Figure 5) and 4.3% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
            respectively.
             A season-to-date total of 11 influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 1.
            5 During
            Week 52, 30 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
            resulting in a season-to-date total of 474 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6
             No influenza or ILI-associated outbreaks or school closures have been reported in Missouri as of Week 1.
             Seasonal influenza activity in the United States is high and continued to increase during Week 52. National
            influenza surveillance information is prepared by CDC and is included in the weekly FluView report, which is
            available online at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivitysurv.htm.

Comment

Week 2: January 5, 2020 – January 11, 2020
              Summary:
               A total of 2,079 laboratory-positive3
              influenza cases (845 influenza A, 1,206 influenza B, and 28 untyped) were
              reported during Week 2. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 14,345 (35.9%
              influenza A, 63.0% influenza B, and 1.1% untyped). No laboratory-positive cases of influenza were reported by
              the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 2. The percentage of respiratory specimens
              Surveillance System (NREVSS) decreased during Week 2 (Figure 6).
               Influenza-like illness (ILI) activity was at baseline for the Missouri Outpatient ILI Surveillance Network (ILINet)
              and above baseline for the hospital emergency room visit chief complaint data reported through ESSENCE. The
              reported percentage of visits for ILI was 1.74% (Figure 5) and 3.63% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
              respectively.
               A season-to-date total of 16 influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 2.
              5 During
              Week 1, 37 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
              resulting in a season-to-date total of 511 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6
               No influenza or ILI-associated outbreaks or school closures have been reported in Missouri as of Week 2.
               Seasonal influenza activity in the United States remains high during Week 1. National influenza surveillance
              information is prepared by CDC and is included in the weekly FluView report, which is available online at
              http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivitysurv.htm.

Comment

Week 3: January 12, 2020 – January 18, 2020
                Summary:
                 A total of 1,970 laboratory-positive3
                influenza cases (752 influenza A, 1,199 influenza B, and 19 untyped) were
                reported during Week 3. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 18,811 (35.5%
                influenza A, 63.4% influenza B, and 1.1% untyped). No laboratory-positive cases of influenza were reported by
                the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 3. The percentage of respiratory specimens
                Surveillance System (NREVSS) increased during Week 3 (Figure 6).
                 Influenza-like illness (ILI) activity above baseline for the Missouri Outpatient ILI Surveillance Network (ILINet)
                and for the hospital emergency room visit chief complaint data reported through ESSENCE. The reported
                percentage of visits for ILI was 4.03% (Figure 5) and 3.88% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                respectively.
                 A season-to-date total of 16 influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 3.
                5 During
                Week 2, 39 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
                resulting in a season-to-date total of 550 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6
                 No influenza or ILI-associated outbreaks or school closures have been reported in Missouri as of Week 3.
                 Seasonal influenza activity in the United States declined slightly but remained high during Week 2. National
                influenza surveillance information is prepared by CDC and is included in the weekly FluView report, which is

Health officials report second flu death in Kansas City
                POSTED 4:57 PM, JANUARY 23, 2020, BY FOX 4 NEWSROOM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City, Missouri Health Department is reporting another person has died from influenza during the 2019-2020 flu season.

The first death was reported back in December with the person. The health department said that person was in their 60’s and had prior health concerns.

The recent flu death is reported to be a person in their 50’s who had underlying health conditions.
                KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City, Missouri Health Department is reporting another person has died from influenza during the 2019-2020 flu season. The first death was reported back in Decemb…

Comment

Week 4: January 19, 2020 – January 25, 2020
                  Summary:
                   A total of 5,086 laboratory-positive3
                  influenza cases (1,911 influenza A, 3,143 influenza B, and 32 untyped) were
                  reported during Week 4. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 27,072 (36.1%
                  influenza A, 62.8% influenza B, and 1.1% untyped). Five laboratory-positive cases of influenza (3 A H1N1 and 2
                  B/Victoria) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 4. The
                  percentage of respiratory specimens testing positive for influenza in Missouri laboratories reporting to the
                  National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) increased during Week 4 (Figure 6).
                  reported percentage of visits for ILI was 6.24% (Figure 5) and 4.04% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                  respectively.
                   A season-to-date total of 16 influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 4.
                  5 During
                  Week 3, 8 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
                  resulting in a season-to-date total of 558 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6
                   No influenza or ILI-associated outbreaks or school closures have been reported in Missouri as of Week 4.
                   Seasonal influenza activity in the United States increased slightly during Week 3. National influenza surveillance
                  information is prepared by CDC and is included in the weekly FluView report, which is available online at

Comment

Week 5: January 26, 2020 – February 1, 2020
                    Summary:
                     A total of 6,995 laboratory-positive3
                    influenza cases (3,006 influenza A, 3,927 influenza B, and 62 untyped) were
                    reported during Week 5. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 34,635 (38.3%
                    influenza A, 60.6% influenza B, and 1.1% untyped). Ten laboratory-positive cases of influenza (5 A H1N1 and 5
                    B/Victoria) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 5. The
                    percentage of respiratory specimens testing positive for influenza in Missouri laboratories reporting to the
                    National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) increased during Week 5 (Figure 6).
                    reported percentage of visits for ILI was 7.23% (Figure 5) and 5.2% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                    respectively.
                     A season-to-date total of 21 influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 5.
                    5 During
                    Week 4, 10 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
                    resulting in a season-to-date total of 568 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6
                     One influenza outbreak and one school closure has been reported in Missouri as of Week 5.
                     Seasonal influenza activity in the United States increased during Week 4. National influenza surveillance

Comment

Week 6: February 2, 2020 – February 8, 2020
                      Summary:
                       A total of 8,498 laboratory-positive3
                      influenza cases (3,703 influenza A, 4,741 influenza B, and 54 untyped) were
                      reported during Week 6. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 44,922 (39.3%
                      influenza A, 59.7% influenza B, and 1% untyped). Eight laboratory-positive cases of influenza (3 A H1N1 and 5
                      B/Victoria) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 6. The
                      National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) increased during Week 6 (Figure 6).
                      reported percentage of visits for ILI was 8.21% (Figure 5) and 5.94% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                      respectively.
                       A season-to-date total of 27 influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 6.
                      5 During
                      Week 5, 72 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
                      resulting in a season-to-date total of 640 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6
                       One influenza outbreak and four school closure have been reported in Missouri as of Week 6.
                       Seasonal influenza activity in the United States remained high during Week 5. National influenza surveillance

Comment

Week 7: February 9, 2020 – February 15, 2020
                        Summary:
                         A total of 7,624 laboratory-positive3
                        influenza cases (3,648 influenza A, 3,911 influenza B, and 65 untyped) were
                        reported during Week 7. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 55,710 (41.3%
                        influenza A, 57.6% influenza B, and 1.1% untyped). Twelve laboratory-positive cases of influenza (7 A H1N1
                        and 5 B/Victoria) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 7. The
                        National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) decreased during Week 7 (Figure 6).
                        reported percentage of visits for ILI was 8.50% (Figure 5) and 6.42% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                        respectively.
                         A season-to-date total of 29 influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 7.
                        5 During
                        Week 6, 71 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
                        resulting in a season-to-date total of 711 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6
                         Two influenza outbreak and four school closure have been reported in Missouri as of Week 7.
                         Seasonal influenza activity in the United States remained high during Week 6. National influenza surveillance

Comment

Week 8: February 16, 2020 – February 22, 2020
                          Summary:
                           A total of 8,230 laboratory-positive3
                          influenza cases (4,225 influenza A, 3,975 influenza B, and 30 untyped) were
                          reported during Week 8. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 69,382 (43.2%
                          influenza A, 55.8% influenza B, and 1% untyped). Eight laboratory-positive cases of influenza (5 A H1N1 and 3
                          B/Victoria) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 8. The
                          National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) decreased during Week 8 (Figure 6).
                          reported percentage of visits for ILI was 8.31% (Figure 5) and 6.59% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                          respectively.
                           A season-to-date total of 40 influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 8.
                          5 During
                          Week 7, 72 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
                          resulting in a season-to-date total of 973 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6 *
                           Four influenza outbreak and six school closure have been reported in Missouri as of Week 8.
                           Seasonal influenza activity in the United States remained high but decreased slightly during Week 7. National

Comment

Week 9: February 23, 2020 – February 29, 2020
                            Summary:
                             A total of 9,351 laboratory-positive3
                            influenza cases (5,197 influenza A, 4,095 influenza B, and 59 untyped) were
                            reported during Week 9. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 83,505 (44.9%
                            influenza A, 54.1% influenza B, and 1% untyped). Ten laboratory-positive cases of influenza (3 AH1N1 and
                            7 B/Victoria) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 9. The
                            National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) slightly decreased during Week 9
                            (Figure 6).
                            reported percentage of visits for ILI was 10.13% (Figure 5) and 6.39% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                            respectively.
                             A season-to-date total of 51 influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 9.
                            5 During
                            Week 8, 71 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
                            resulting in a season-to-date total of 1,044 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6
                             Eight influenza outbreaks and seven school closures have been reported in Missouri as of Week 9.
                             Seasonal influenza activity in the United States remained high but decreased slightly for the second week in a row
                            during Week 8. National influenza surveillance information is prepared by CDC and is included in the weekly
                            FluView report, which is available online at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivitysurv.htm.

Comment

Week 10: March 1, 2020 – March 7, 2020
                              Summary:
                               A total of 8,222 laboratory-positive3
                              influenza cases (4,885 influenza A, 3,318 influenza B, and 19 untyped) were
                              reported during Week 10. The season-to-date total of laboratory-positive influenza cases is 95,608 (46.7%
                              influenza A, 52.5% influenza B, and 0.8% untyped). Seven laboratory-positive cases of influenza (5 AH1N1 and
                              2 B/Victoria) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 10. The
                              National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) decreased during Week 10 (Figure 6).
                              reported percentage of visits for ILI was 10.80% (Figure 5) and 5.83% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                              respectively.
                               A season-to-date total of 63 influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 10.
                              5 During
                              Week 9, 75 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
                              resulting in a season-to-date total of 1,119 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.6
                               Eleven influenza outbreaks and seven school closures have been reported in Missouri as of Week 10.
                               Seasonal influenza activity in the United States remained high but decreased for the third week in a row during
                              Week 9. National influenza surveillance information is prepared by CDC and is included in the weekly FluView
                              report, which is available online at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivitysurv.htm.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Missouri.png
Views:	284
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	838122
                              https://health.mo.gov/living/healthc...week101920.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X