Missouri Influenza 2017-18: 242 fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri Influenza 2017-18: 242 fatalities

Through Week 1, the State of Missouri is reporting 19 flu-related deaths. Click image for larger version

Name:	Week 1 Missouri.png
Views:	181
Size:	322.5 KB
ID:	788185
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

In Week 2, Missouri reports 33 flu-related deaths.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Missouri Week 2.PNG
Views:	176
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	788593
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

In Week 3, Missouri report 49 flu-related deaths

Name:	MO Week 3.PNG
Views:	126
Size:	350.7 KB
ID:	789056

Comment

Missouri is reporting 74 flu-related deaths through Week 4, an increase of over 50% from last week.

Name:	MO Week 3.PNG
Views:	114
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	789494

Comment

Week 5: January 28 ? February 3, 2018

The estimated influenza activity in Missouri is Widespread
          ? During Week 5, a total of 10,550 laboratory-positive influenza cases (6,170 influenza A, 4,162 influenza B, and
          218 untyped) were reported. A season-to-date total of 79,362 laboratory-positive influenza cases (59,390
          influenza A, 18,906 influenza B, and 1,066 untyped) have been reported in Missouri as of Week 5. The influenza
          type for reported season-to date cases includes 75% influenza A, 24% influenza B, and 1% untyped. Fifteen
          laboratory-positive cases of influenza (eight influenza A (H3), four influenza A (H1N1), and three influenza B
          (Yamagata)) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 5.
          ? Influenza-like illness (ILI) activity was above baseline for both the Missouri Outpatient ILI Surveillance Network
          (ILINet) and the hospital emergency room visit chief complaint data reported through ESSENCE. The reported
          percentage of visits for ILI was 10.23% (Figure 5) and 7.56% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
          respectively.

The ILI data from a small number of sites located in the Northwest Region of the state is
          temporarily unavailable in ESSENCE. Therefore, the ILI data for the Northwest Region should be interpreted
          with caution. The percentage of respiratory specimens testing positive for influenza in Missouri laboratories
          reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) decreased during Week 5
          (Figure 6).
          ? One hundred and four influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 5.

During Week 4,
          142 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records, resulting in a
          season-to-date total of 1,030 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.

? Fifty-nine outbreaks of influenza or ILI have been reported and seven influenza or ILI-associated school closures
          have been reported in Missouri as of Week 5.
          ? Influenza activity increased in the U.S. during Week 4. National influenza surveillance information is prepared
          by CDC and is included in the weekly FluView report, which is available online at
          http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivitysurv.htm.
          Twitter: @RonanKelly13
          The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Missouri Weekly Influenza Surveillance Report
            2017-2018 Influenza Season
            Week 6: February 4 ? 10, 2018
            All data are preliminary and may change as more reports are received.
            Summary:
            ? The estimated influenza activity in Missouri is Widespread
            ? During Week 6, a total of 8,499 laboratory-positive influenza cases (4,652 influenza A, 3,725 influenza B, and
            122 untyped) were reported. A season-to-date total of 92,863 laboratory-positive influenza cases (67,455
            influenza A, 24,155 influenza B, and 1,253 untyped) have been reported in Missouri as of Week 6. The influenza
            type for reported season-to date cases includes 73% influenza A, 26% influenza B, and 1% untyped. Nineteen
            laboratory-positive cases of influenza (seven influenza A (H3), four influenza A (H1N1), and eight influenza B
            (Yamagata)) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 6.
            ? Influenza-like illness (ILI) activity was above baseline for both the Missouri Outpatient ILI Surveillance Network
            (ILINet) and the hospital emergency room visit chief complaint data reported through ESSENCE. The reported
            percentage of visits for ILI was 9.61% (Figure 5) and 7.46% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
            respectively.

The ILI data from a small number of sites located in the Northwest Region of the state is
            temporarily unavailable in ESSENCE. Therefore, the ILI data for the Northwest Region should be interpreted
            with caution. The percentage of respiratory specimens testing positive for influenza in Missouri laboratories
            reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) increased during Week 6
            (Figure 6).
            ? One hundred and thirty-six influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 6.
            During
            Week 5, 47 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
            resulting in a season-to-date total of 1,077 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.

? Sixty-five outbreaks of influenza or ILI have been reported and 13 influenza or ILI-associated school closures
            have been reported in Missouri as of Week 6.
            ? Influenza activity increased in the U.S. during Week 5. National influenza surveillance information is prepared
            by CDC and is included in the weekly FluView report, which is available online
            at http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivitysurv.htm.
            The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Week 7: February 11 ? 17, 2018

The estimated influenza activity in Missouri is Widespread
              ? During Week 7, a total of 7,289 laboratory-positive influenza cases (3,607 influenza A, 3,577 influenza B, and
              105 untyped) were reported. A season-to-date total of 103,631 laboratory-positive influenza cases (72,779
              influenza A, 29,418 influenza B, and 1,434 untyped) have been reported in Missouri as of Week 7. The influenza
              type for reported season-to date cases includes 70% influenza A, 29% influenza B, and 1% untyped. Fifteen
              laboratory-positive cases of influenza (three influenza A (H3), seven influenza A (H1N1), and five influenza B
              (Yamagata)) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 7.
              percentage of visits for ILI was 8.74% (Figure 5) and 6.94% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
              respectively.

reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) decreased during Week 7
              (Figure 6).
              ? One hundred and sixty-two influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 7.

During
              Week 6, 119 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
              resulting in a season-to-date total of 1,196 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.

? Sixty-six outbreaks of influenza or ILI have been reported and 13 influenza or ILI-associated school closures have
              been reported in Missouri as of Week 7.
              ? Influenza activity remained elevated in the U.S. during Week 6. National influenza surveillance information is
              prepared by CDC and is included in the weekly FluView report, which is available online at

Comment

Week 8: February 18 ? 24, 2018

? The estimated influenza activity in Missouri is Widespread2
                ? During Week 8, a total of 5,064 laboratory-positive3 influenza cases (2,118 influenza A, 2,855 influenza B, and
                91 untyped) were reported. A season-to-date total of 112,746 laboratory-positive influenza cases (76,866
                influenza A, 34,308 influenza B, and 1,572 untyped) have been reported in Missouri as of Week 8. The influenza
                type for reported season-to date cases includes 68% influenza A, 31% influenza B, and 1% untyped. Nineteen
                laboratory-positive cases of influenza (eight influenza A (H3), two influenza A (H1N1), and nine influenza B
                (Yamagata)) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 8.
                percentage of visits for ILI was 6.27% (Figure 5) and 5.04% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                respectively.

reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) decreased during Week 8
                (Figure 6).
                ? One hundred and seventy-seven influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 8.

During Week 7, 113 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital
                Records, resulting in a season-to-date total of 1,309 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.

? Sixty-six outbreaks of influenza or ILI have been reported and 14 influenza or ILI-associated school closures have
                been reported in Missouri as of Week 8.
                ? Influenza activity remained elevated in the U.S. during Week 7. National influenza surveillance information is
                prepared by CDC and is included in the weekly FluView report, which is available online at

Comment

Week 9: February 25 ? March 3, 2018

? The estimated influenza activity in Missouri is Widespread
                  ? During Week 9, a total of 3,117 laboratory-positive influenza cases (1,304 influenza A, 1,741 influenza B, and
                  72 untyped) were reported. A season-to-date total of 119,071 laboratory-positive influenza cases (79,786
                  influenza A, 37,594 influenza B, and 1,691 untyped) have been reported in Missouri as of Week 9. The influenza
                  type for reported season-to date cases includes 67% influenza A, 32% influenza B, and 1% untyped. Fourteen
                  laboratory-positive cases of influenza (two influenza A (H3), two influenza A (H1N1), and 10 influenza B
                  (Yamagata)) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 9.
                  percentage of visits for ILI was 2.72% (Figure 5) and 3.44% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                  respectively.

reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) decreased during Week 9
                  (Figure 6).
                  ? One hundred and ninety-three influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 9.
                  During
                  Week 8, 91 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
                  resulting in a season-to-date total of 1,400 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.

? Sixty-six outbreaks of influenza or ILI have been reported and 15 influenza or ILI-associated school closures have
                  been reported in Missouri as of Week 9.
                  ? Influenza activity decreased in the U.S. during Week 8. National influenza surveillance information is prepared
                  by CDC and is included in the weekly FluView report, which is available online at

Comment

Week 10: March 4 ? 10, 2018

Summary:
                    ? The estimated influenza activity in Missouri decreased to Regional
                    ? During Week 10, a total of 2,004 laboratory-positive3 influenza cases (804 influenza A, 1,167 influenza B, and 33
                    untyped) were reported. A season-to-date total of 124,459 laboratory-positive influenza cases (81,836 influenza
                    A, 40,858 influenza B, and 1,765 untyped) have been reported in Missouri as of Week 10. The influenza type for
                    reported season-to date cases includes 66% influenza A, 33% influenza B, and 1% untyped. Eleven laboratorypositive
                    cases of influenza (three influenza A (H3), three influenza A (H1N1), and five influenza B (Yamagata))
                    were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 10.
                    percentage of visits for ILI was 4.68% (Figure 5) and 2.85% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                    respectively.

reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) increased slightly during
                    Week 10 (Figure 6).
                    ? Two hundred and nineteen influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 10.

During
                    Week 9, 79 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
                    resulting in a season-to-date total of 1,479 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.

? Sixty-six outbreaks of influenza or ILI have been reported and 15 influenza or ILI-associated school closures have
                    been reported in Missouri as of Week 10.
                    ? Influenza activity decreased in the U.S. during Week 9. National influenza surveillance information is prepared

Comment

Week 12: March 18 ? 24, 2018
                      Summary:
                      ? The estimated influenza activity in Missouri is Regional2
                      ? During Week 12, a total of 1,198 laboratory-positive3 influenza cases (412 influenza A, 767 influenza B, and 19
                      untyped) were reported. A season-to-date total of 129,854 laboratory-positive influenza cases (83,962 influenza
                      A, 44,050 influenza B, and 1,842 untyped) have been reported in Missouri as of Week 12. The influenza type for
                      reported season-to date cases includes 65% influenza A, 34% influenza B, and 1% untyped. Eleven laboratorypositive
                      cases of influenza (three influenza A (H3), two influenza A (H1N1), and six influenza B (Yamagata))
                      were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 12.
                      percentage of visits for ILI was 3.19% (Figure 5) and 1.90% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                      respectively.

reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) decreased during Week
                      12 (Figure 6).
                      ? Two hundred and forty-two influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 12.

During
                      Week 11, 61 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
                      resulting in a season-to-date total of 1,618 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.

? Sixty-seven outbreaks of influenza or ILI have been reported and 15 influenza or ILI-associated school closures
                      have been reported in Missouri as of Week 12.
                      ? Influenza activity decreased in the U.S. during Week 11. National influenza surveillance information is prepared

Comment

Week 13: March 25 ? 31, 2018
                        Summary:
                        ? The estimated influenza activity in Missouri is Regional2
                        ? During Week 13, a total of 752 laboratory-positive3 influenza cases (254 influenza A, 486 influenza B, and 12
                        untyped) were reported. A season-to-date total of 131,417 laboratory-positive influenza cases (84,505 influenza
                        A, 45,032 influenza B, and 1,880 untyped) have been reported in Missouri as of Week 13. The influenza type for
                        reported season-to date cases includes 65% influenza A, 34% influenza B, and 1% untyped. Thirteen laboratorypositive
                        cases of influenza (four influenza A (H3), six influenza A (H1N1), one influenza B (Yamagata), and two
                        influenza B (Victoria)) were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 13.
                        ? Influenza-like illness (ILI) activity was below baseline for both the Missouri Outpatient ILI Surveillance Network
                        percentage of visits for ILI was 1.34% (Figure 5) and 1.76% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                        respectively.

reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) decreased during Week
                        13 (Figure 6).
                        ? Two hundred and sixty influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 13.
                        During Week

12, 59 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records, resulting in
                        a season-to-date total of 1,677 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.

? Sixty-seven outbreaks of influenza or ILI have been reported and 15 influenza or ILI-associated school closures
                        have been reported in Missouri as of Week 13.
                        ? Influenza activity decreased in the U.S. during Week 12. National influenza surveillance information is prepared

Comment

Week 14: April 1 - 7, 2018
                          Summary:
                          ? The estimated influenza activity in Missouri decreased to Local2
                          ? During Week 14, a total of 386 laboratory-positive3 influenza cases (134 influenza A, 249 influenza B, and 3
                          untyped) were reported. A season-to-date total of 132,123 laboratory-positive influenza cases (84,764 influenza
                          A, 45,474 influenza B, and 1,885 untyped) have been reported in Missouri as of Week 14. The influenza type for
                          reported season-to date cases includes 64% influenza A, 35% influenza B, and 1% untyped. Nine laboratorypositive
                          cases of influenza (four influenza A (H1N1) and five influenza B (Yamagata)) were reported by the
                          Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 14.
                          ? Influenza-like illness (ILI) activity was below baseline for both the Missouri Outpatient ILI Surveillance Network
                          percentage of visits for ILI was 1.61% (Figure 5) and 1.54% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                          respectively.

14 (Figure 6).
                          ? Two hundred and seventy-two influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 14.

During Week 13, 77 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital
                          Records, resulting in a season-to-date total of 1,754 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.

? Sixty-nine outbreaks of influenza or ILI have been reported and 15 influenza or ILI-associated school closures
                          have been reported in Missouri as of Week 14.
                          ? Influenza activity decreased in the U.S. during Week 13. National influenza surveillance information is prepared

Comment

Week 16: April 15 - 21, 2018
                            Summary:
                            ? The estimated influenza activity in Missouri is Local2
                            ? During Week 16, a total of 167 laboratory-positive3 influenza cases (51 influenza A, 114 influenza B, and two
                            untyped) were reported. A season-to-date total of 133,284 laboratory-positive influenza cases (85,141 influenza
                            A, 46,248 influenza B, and 1,895 untyped) have been reported in Missouri as of Week 16. The influenza type for
                            reported season-to date cases includes 64% influenza A, 35% influenza B, and 1% untyped. Eight laboratorypositive
                            cases of influenza (two influenza A (H1N1), two influenza A (H3), and four influenza B (Yamagata))
                            were reported by the Missouri State Public Health Laboratory (MSPHL) during Week 16.
                            percentage of visits for ILI was 0.85% (Figure 5) and 1.11% (Figure 7) through ILINet and ESSENCE
                            respectively.

reporting to the National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) remained low during
                            Week 16 (Figure 6).
                            ? Two hundred and seventy-six influenza-associated deaths have been reported in Missouri as of Week 16.

During
                            Week 15, 58 deaths involving Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) were reported to the Bureau of Vital Records,
                            resulting in a season-to-date total of 1,861 P&I associated deaths in Missouri.

? Sixty-nine outbreaks of influenza or ILI have been reported and 15 influenza or ILI-associated school closures
                            have been reported in Missouri as of Week 16.
                            ? Influenza activity decreased in the U.S. during Week 15. National influenza surveillance information is prepared

Comment

Working...
                            X