• Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Influenza 2017-18; 5 pediatric fatalities

Family says flu a factor in Cottage Grove girl's death

By: Leah Beno
    POSTED: JAN 10 2018 08:39PM CST

VIDEO POSTED: JAN 10 2018 09:46PM CST

UPDATED: JAN 10 2018 09:50PM CST

COTTAGE GROVE, Minn. (KMSP) - A family in Cottage Grove is dealing with the unimaginable grief of losing their child. They say two-year-old Serenity Torgerson died less than a week ago from complications from the flu.

A family in Cottage Grove is dealing with the unimaginable grief of losing their child. They say two-year-old Serenity Torgerson died less than a week ago from complications from the flu.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

THREE MORE CHILDREN HAVE DIED FROM THE FLU IN MINNESOTA

Hospitalizations are at their highest point in six years.

Posted: Feb. 15, 2018 2:56 PM
    Updated: Feb. 15, 2018 2:56 PM
    Posted By: Mike Bunge
    ST. PAUL, Minn. ? The deaths of three more children are being blamed on the flu.

The Minnesota Department of Health?s Weekly Influenza and Respiratory Illness Activity Report says there have now been four pediatric deaths related to the flu this season. The last report listed only one such death.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Flu Suspected in Death of Albert Lea Infant
      Posted: Feb 21, 2018 5:01 PM EST
      Updated: Feb 21, 2018 5:01 PM EST
      By Mitch Keegan, News Director

ALBERT LEA, Minn. -
      The flu may be to blame for the death of a one year old in Albert Lea.

According to a press release from the Albert Lea Police Department, authorities were called just after 7:30 Wednesday morning by a parent reporting their one-year-old daughter was unresponsive and not breathing.

Comment

FLU BLAMED FOR ANOTHER CHILD?S DEATH IN MINNESOTA
        ANDY BROWNELLMarch 1, 2018

St. Paul, MN (KROC-AM News) - The ebbing flu season in Minnesota has claimed another young life. The Minnesota Department of Health today announced there has been another confirmed flu-related pediatric death in the state. It was the 5th death of a child in Minnesota blamed on influenza complications since the start of the current flu season. It?s not known if the most recent tragedy involved an infant in Albert Lea who suddenly died last week after exhibiting flu-like symptoms.

Comment

Working...
        X