• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Influenza 2019-20; 5 fatalities, 4 pediatric

State Flu Homepage: https://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/0,588...1722--,00.html

Oakland County reports first flu death of the season
    Brianna OwczarzakPosted 3 hrs ago 0

The Oakland County Health Division has reported its first flu death of the season.

A 69-year-old Oakland County man died, the health department said.

This is the first reported death for the flu season in Oakland County, which began on Oct. 1.
    https://www.wnem.com/news/breaking-o...1f54c4d0f.html
    Last edited by Ronan Kelly; January 17, 2020, 05:31 PM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

HEALTH DEPARTMENT REPORTS SUSPECT CASE OF PEDIATRIC INFLUENZA (FLU-RELATED) DEATH
    PEGGY FRIESS
    WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 08, 2020
    Health Department Reports Suspect Case of Pediatric Influenza (Flu-Related) Death

The Shiawassee County Health Department (SCHD) is reporting a suspect case of an influenza-associated pediatric death. Influenza claims the lives of children every year across the United States, which is why the Shiawassee County Health Department is urging residents to get vaccinated for protection this season.

Flu is a contagious respiratory disease caused by different strains of the influenza virus and can result in mild to severe illness. Michigan has experienced widespread flu activity over the past few weeks, and SCHD strongly recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older get a seasonal flu vaccine. Flu vaccine is the best way to prevent against getting the flu and can also reduce the severity of flu illness.

It is not too late to get a flu shot. Vaccine is especially important for persons at increased risk for complications from flu, including children, adults aged 65 years and older, persons of any age with underlying medical conditions, and pregnant women. Children less than 6 months of age are too young to be vaccinated and need to be protected by vaccination of their close contacts, including parents, siblings, grandparents, child care workers and healthcare personnel.

The health department will be offering walk-in and late clinics over the next two weeks. Please bring your ID and insurance card with you. No insurance? No one will be turned away.

Upcoming Clinics:

Friday, January 10, 8:30 am – 11:00 am and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm

Tuesday, January 14, 8:30 am – 11:00 am and 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm

Thursday, January 16, 8:30 am – 11:00 am and 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm

As of December 28, 2019, the CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 6.4 million flu illnesses – 55,000 hospitalizations and 2,900 deaths from the flu, including 27 influenza-associated pediatric deaths. For more information, please contact the Shiawassee County Health Department at 989-743-2356.
    Health Department Reports Suspect Case of Pediatric Influenza (Flu-Related) Death The Shia...
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

h/t Shiloh

MI confirms 2 children have died from flu
      MICHIGAN
      by: WOODTV.com staff

Posted: Jan 10, 2020 / 03:32 PM EST / Updated: Jan 10, 2020 / 03:59 PM EST

LANSING, Mich. (WOOD) — Officials say children in Shiawassee and Wayne counties have died after getting the flu.

These are the first two influenza-associated pediatric deaths of the 2019-2020 flu season in the state, according to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Health officials say 32 children in the nation have died after being infected with the flu this season.
      Health officials say 32 children in the nation have died after being infected with flu this season.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Michigan.png
Views:	149
Size:	360.3 KB
ID:	823158

Comment

Views:	136
Size:	374.9 KB
ID:	823645

Comment

Views:	127
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	825251

Comment

Week Ending January 25, 2020 | WEEK 4

Views:	128
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	827158

Comment

Week Ending February 8, 2020 | WEEK 6

Views:	113
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	830316

Comment

Week Ending February 15, 2020 | WEEK 7

Views:	114
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	831731

Comment

Week Ending February 29, 2020 | WEEK 9
                    Influenza-associated Pediatric Mortality
                    Nationally, 136 influenza-associated pediatric deaths have
                    been reported thus far for the 2019-2020 flu season. Four
                    (4) pediatric influenza (B) deaths have been confirmed by
                    MDHHS during this season.

Views:	99
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	834350

Comment

Week Ending March 7, 2020 | WEEK 10
                      Influenza-associated Pediatric Mortality
                      Nationally, 144 influenza-associated pediatric deaths have
                      been reported thus far for the 2019-2020 flu season. Four
                      (4) pediatric influenza (B) deaths have been confirmed by
                      MDHHS during this season.

Views:	89
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	838802
                      https://www.michigan.gov/documents/M...6_146893_7.pdf

Comment

Week Ending March 14, 2020 | WEEK 11

Views:	80
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	841227
                        https://www.michigan.gov/documents/M...6_146893_7.pdf

Comment

Working...
                        X