Michigan Influenza 2017-18: 3 fatalities, including 1 pediatric fatality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Influenza 2017-18: 3 fatalities, including 1 pediatric fatality

Media reports that an adult woman from Portage and a 12-year old from Clay Township have died from flu-related illness, but these deaths have not yet been confirmed by State health authorities. Links to these reports are provided in other threads.
    Last edited by JimO; February 7, 2018, 02:39 PM.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

12-Year-Old Boy Dies One Day After Flu Screening Turned Up Negative Despite Showing Symptoms

JASON DUAINE HAHN January 20, 2018 07:57 AM
    A mother from Michigan is warning parents about influenza after her sixth-grader?who received the flu vaccination in December?seemed to suddenly show symptoms of the virus in early January, and tragically passed away soon after.

After 12-year-old Michael Messenger vomited while eating dinner with his family on Jan. 9, his mother, Jessica Decent-Doll, took him to an urgent care center near their home when he still felt ill the next evening. Physicians screened Michael for the flu, and a rapid test for the virus came up negative. With his vitals coming back normal, doctors gave Michael fluids and prescribed anti-nausea medication to ease his vomiting.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Tim Schell was healthy, then he got the flu. White Lake man's death serves as a warning

Last month, Tim Schell and his wife Dana flew to Colorado for a ski trip.

The White Lake residents hit the slopes, but after one run, Schell began to feel ill. They returned to their hotel. Two days later, on Jan. 31, Schell, 51, was dead. The cause? According to his family, it was Influenza A ? the most harmful strain of the virus.

"Before the trip, Tim felt fine and was healthy," said Schell's niece, Paige Bastas...

Grappling with an unexpected and traumatic loss, Schell's family is sharing their loved one's story hoping to raise awareness about the realities of the seemingly common seasonal virus. . Story Page - WZZM13.com is the official website for WZZM-TV, your trusted source for breaking news, weather and sports in Grand Rapids, MI
      "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Michigan health department: Child's flu death in UP is first of 2017-18 season
        Health department reminding residents it's not too late to vaccinate
        By Dave Bartkowiak Jr.
        Posted: 2:17 PM, February 07, 2018
        Updated: 2:17 PM, February 07, 2018

DETROIT - A child in Michigan's Upper Peninsula has died from the flu, according to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS).

It's the state's first pediatric flu death of the 2017-2018 influenza season, the health department confirmed Wednesday.
        A child in Michigan's Upper Peninsula has died from the flu, according to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS).
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

105-year-old woman dies of flu complications

By News 10 | Posted: Mon 3:20 PM, Feb 19, 2018

JACKSON, Mich. (WILX) -- Weeks after turning 105-years-old, Jackson, Michigan resident Mildred Bailey has died.

Gray affiliate WILX introduced viewers to Bailey in January, as she was preparing with family for her 105th birthday on January 28.

Family says Bailey died last Wednesday after coming down with the flu. Bailey's 105th birthday celebration was canceled because of it.

Comment

Working...
          X