H1N1 Cases Are TMTC In Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1N1 Cases Are TMTC In Michigan

The cases are approaching the TMTC stage (too many to count). Michigan has stopped testing and just classifies cases as influenza like illness (and fatalities are listed in tabular form). Cases have almost doubled in one week (from 655 to 1077)

Re: H1N1 Cases Are TMTC In Michigan

The dropped a little over 200 cases between the last 2 weeks. From 655 to 422. Saginaw went from 2 to 26.

Comment

Originally posted by Commonground View Post
      The dropped a little over 200 cases between the last 2 weeks. From 655 to 422. Saginaw went from 2 to 26.
      No.

655 is the total for the YEAR (through 6/13)

422 is the total for the WEEK (6/14 to 6/20).

Comment

I see.

Comment

The MD offices have been swamped. Our small rural hospital went from cutting hours to having nowhere to put patients. Nobody is testing for even influenza A - They gave up, they were not getting results bck fast enough.

I work in Long Trem Care, we have a few patients who have a nasty URI but are negitive for Pneumonia - again no testing being done. Some people I am talking to are also haveing Gastrointestinal s/s especially severe cramping with n/v. But no temp - I dont know if this is H1N1, but it would be useful as thoughs people might have some immunity this fall.

This is just my obsevations and what Im hearing from the docs at work. I am on the west side of Michigan

Comment

Welcome, Janetn.

A question, so soon after joining.

Would you know whether the facility requires isolation for each individual testing positive for h1n1?

Comment

Originally posted by colormyquilt View Post
              Welcome, Janetn.

A question, so soon after joining.

Would you know whether the facility requires isolation for each individual testing positive for h1n1?
              As seen by the numbers and comments at the state website, the absence of testing would seem to preclude any serious control efforts by facilities being over-run with patients.

Comment

Working...
              X