X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Md. reports 1st pediatric flu-related death

Md. reports 1st pediatric flu-related death
    Friday January 18, 2013 6:30 PM

BALTIMORE (AP) ? State health officials say the season's first pediatric flu-related death has been confirmed in Maryland.

The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene reported Friday that a Baltimore-area child who died in December tested positive for influenza. Officials say the child had an underlying health condition, but gave no other details.

Only pediatric influenza-related deaths are required to be reported to the department.

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Md. reports 1st pediatric flu-related death

Originally posted by Jim Oliveros View Post
    Md. reports 1st pediatric flu-related death
    Friday January 18, 2013 6:30 PM

BALTIMORE (AP) ? State health officials say the season's first pediatric flu-related death has been confirmed in Maryland.

The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene reported Friday that a Baltimore-area child who died in December tested positive for influenza. Officials say the child had an underlying health condition, but gave no other details.

Only pediatric influenza-related deaths are required to be reported to the department.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...-maryland.html
    TamiFlu Resistance was found in Maryland sampled from an infant immediately prior to this child's death report.

Comment

Working...
    X