Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homepage: http://ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/page/1591

Week 4: 1/20/19 - 1/26/19

Influenza activity increased this week in Louisiana. Since the beginning of January, a
    small number of long-term care facilities have reported outbreaks. The number of
    reported outbreaks is increasing, particularly in elementary schools. Influenza A/H1N1
    remains the dominant virus subtyped at the state public health laboratory but
    influenza A/H3 is increasing. The percent of positive tests reported from clinical labs
    remained near 15%. Rhino/Enteroviruses, RSV, and Coronaviruses continue to
    represent the majority of non-influenza viruses reported.
    ... Click image for larger version

Name:	Louisiana.png
Views:	47
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	806571

http://ldh.la.gov/assets/docs/Survei...luenza1904.pdf
    Last edited by Ronan Kelly; February 7, 2019, 04:22 PM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

St. Tammany Parish coroner sends stern message about the flu

Michael Vinsanau
      Reporter

COVINGTON, La. ?

Within the past two weeks, a rise in the number of flu cases has prompted the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to raise the warning level for Louisiana from moderate to high.

With that increase comes a simple but stern message from the St. Tammany coroner Dr. Charles Preston: Get the flu shot.

"Just last week, an elementary school in Jefferson Parish had more than 100 reported cases of the flu or a flu-like virus," Preston said. "Almost all of this is preventable."

Within the past two weeks, a rise in flu cases has prompted the Center for Disease Control to increase Louisiana from a moderate to high warning level.
      "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
      -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Week 5: 1/27/19 - 2/2/19

Influenza activity increased significantly this week in Louisiana. Outbreaks continue to
        be reported from schools and long-term care facilities. The number of influenza tests
        reported by clinical labs nearly tripled this week and more than 25% of tests were
        reported positive. Influenza A/H1N1 remains the dominant virus subtyped at the state
        public health laboratory overall but influenza A/H3 was the most prevalent this week .
        Rhino/Enteroviruses represent the majority of non-influenza viruses reported.

Click image for larger version

Views:	53
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	807019
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Flu outbreak in New Orleans area reaches high level, officials tell people with flu to stay home

BY NICK REIMANN | NREIMANN@THEADVOCATE.COM FEB 11, 2019 - 5:40 PM
          Frank Welch, medical director for the Louisiana Department of Health's Immunization Program, said the percentage of patients reporting flu-like symptoms to their doctors has jumped above 8 percent, indicating a severe flu season.

When cases are broken down by region, the number jumps to more than 10 percent of patients for the area that encompasses Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard and Plaquemines parishes. The typical high is between 4 and 5 percent, Welch said.
          It?s two subtypes of that Type A strain ? H1N1, or swine flu, and H3N2 ? that Welch said are primarily being reported this year.
          "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
          -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Week 6: 2/3/19 - 2/9/19

Influenza activity increased significantly again this week in Louisiana. Outbreaks
            continue to be reported from schools and long-term care facilities. For the second
            consecutive week, greater than 25% of influenza tests reported by clinical labs are
            positive. Influenza A/H1N1 remains the dominant virus subtyped at the state public
            health laboratory overall but influenza A/H3 activity continues to increase.
            Rhino/Enteroviruses represent the majority of non-influenza viruses reported.

Views:	50
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	807486

Comment

Week 7: 2/10/19 - 2/16/19

Influenza activity continues to increase in Louisiana. Outbreaks continue to be
              reported from schools and long-term care facilities. More than 30% of influenza tests
              reported by clinical labs are positive. Influenza A/H1N1 remains the dominant virus
              subtyped at the state public health laboratory overall but influenza A/H3 activity
              continues to increase. Rhino/Enteroviruses and Coronaviruses represent the majority
              of non-influenza viruses reported.

Views:	51
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	808218

Comment

Week 8: 2/17/19 - 2/23/19

Influenza activity remains elevated in Louisiana. Outbreaks continue to be reported from schools and long-term care facilities. More than 25% of influenza tests reported by clinical labs are positive. Due to the increase in activity the last few weeks, Influenza A/H3 is now the dominant virus subtyped at the state public health laboratory. Rhino/Enteroviruses and Coronaviruses represent the majority of noninfluenza viruses reported.

Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	808628

Comment

Week 9: 2/24/19 - 3/2/19

Influenza activity remains elevated in Louisiana but decreased slightly this week.
                  Outbreaks continue to be reported from schools and long-term care facilities. More
                  than 25% of influenza tests reported by clinical labs are positive. Influenza A/H3 is
                  now the dominant virus subtyped at the state public health laboratory, Influenza B
                  activity remains low. Rhino/Enteroviruses and Coronaviruses represent the majority of
                  non-influenza viruses reported.

Views:	52
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	808898

Comment

Acadiana family loses son and cousin to the flu

LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) - An Acadiana family is speaking out after losing two loved ones to the flu within one week of each other.
                    Within seven days, Nicholas Blanchard had symptoms and lost his life after a short battle with the flu.
                    Nick, 32, and his cousin 33-year-old Erin had not seen each other in weeks.

His parents say the cases were completely separate and Nick nor Erin had flu shots.
                    LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) – An Acadiana family is speaking out after losing two loved ones to the flu within one week of each other.  The virus has already resulted in the more than 13,…

------------------------------------------------------------

Flu closes East Carroll schools. Classes to resume Monday

Monroe News Star Published 5:21 p.m. CT March 12, 2019

All public schools in East Carroll Parish will be closed Wednesday through Friday.

An outbreak of the flu and flu-like illnesses has affected many students.
                    -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Week 10: 3/3/19 - 3/9/19

Influenza activity remains elevated in Louisiana. Outbreaks continue to be reported
                      from schools and long-term care facilities. More than 25% of influenza tests reported
                      by clinical labs are positive. Influenza A/H3 is now the dominant virus subtyped at the
                      state public health laboratory, Influenza B activity remains low. Rhino/Enteroviruses

Views:	58
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	809403

Comment

Sabine Parish school closed due to flu

By KSLA Staff | March 21, 2019 at 5:27 AM CDT - Updated March 21 at 11:22 AM

SABINE PARISH, LA (KSLA) - Another ArkLaTex school system has announced school closures due to flu.

Students at Converse School will not return to school on Thursday, March 21 and Friday, March 22.
                        -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Week 11: 3/10/19 - 3/16/19

Influenza activity decreased this week but remains elevated in Louisiana. Outbreaks
                          continue to be reported from schools and long-term care facilities. Approximately 25%
                          of influenza tests reported by clinical labs are positive. Influenza A/H3 remains the
                          dominant virus subtyped at the state public health laboratory, Influenza B activity
                          remains low. Rhino/Enteroviruses represent the majority of non-influenza viruses
                          reported.

Views:	49
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	809918

Comment

Week 12: 3/17/19 - 3/23/19

Influenza activity decreased this week but remains elevated in Louisiana. Sporadic
                            outbreaks continue to be reported from schools and long-term care facilities. Influenza
                            A/H3 has been the dominant virus in Louisiana since the beginning of February,
                            Influenza B activity remains low. Rhino/Enteroviruses represent the majority of noninfluenza viruses reported.

Views:	52
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	810314

Comment

Week 13: 3/24/19 - 3/30/19

Influenza activity decreased this week but remains elevated in Louisiana. Influenza
                              A/H3 has been the dominant virus in Louisiana since the beginning of February,
                              Influenza B activity remains low. Rhino/Enteroviruses represent the majority of noninfluenza viruses reported.

Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	810677

Comment

Week 14: 3/31/19 - 4/6/19

Influenza activity decreased this week but remains above regional baseline in
                                Louisiana. Influenza A/H3 has been the dominant virus in Louisiana since the
                                beginning of February, Influenza B activity remains low. Rhino/Enteroviruses

Views:	48
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	810985

Comment

Working...
                                X