The number of flu deaths among children continues to rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The number of flu deaths among children continues to rise

I'm posting this article because it is the only place I've seen any reports of influenza deaths in Louisiana.

The number of flu deaths among children continues to rise
    By: Nikki Henderson
    Updated: January 18, 2013

Friday officials with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said 29 children have now died from influenza.

The Arkansas Department of Health is reporting 16 flu deaths but health officials are not specific on if they were adults or children.

According to officials with the Texas Department of Health five children have died as a result of the flu.

So far one flu death has been reported by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals.

Last year, the CDC reported that 34 children died from flu, but in the 2010-2011 flu season 122 died, and when the H1N1 swine flu pandemic hit in 2009-2010, it killed 282 U.S. children.

The elderly are also at high risk for influenza and people over the age of 65 are far more likely to die from flu than any other age group.

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X