Kentucky Influenza 2017-18; 253 fatalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Influenza 2017-18; 253 fatalities

Eight Flu-Related Deaths Confirmed In Ky.
    Posted: Dec 28, 2017 11:39 AM EST
    Updated: Dec 28, 2017 6:51 PM EST

LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18)-- Eight people in the Bluegrass have died from complications related to the flu.

The health department recently learned there have now been three flu-related deaths in Lexington, all cases involving the elderly.
    http://www.lex18.com/story/37153049/...onfirmed-in-ky
    Last edited by JimO; January 24, 2018, 11:41 AM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Five Confirmed Flu Deaths In Lexington
    Posted: Jan 08, 2018 12:06 PM EST
    Updated: Jan 08, 2018 12:23 PM EST

LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) - There are now a total of five confirmed flu deaths in Lexington, the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department confirms.

Officials there confirm all of the victims had underlying health complications in addition to the flu virus.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Flu becomes widespread across Kentuckiana, the United States

Cases of the flu are rising in the Kentuckiana area and local hospitals are struggling to keep up

WHAS 11:51 AM. EST January 09, 2018

LOUISVILLE (WHAS11) -- This year's flu is widespread and dangerous, even deadly in some cases.
      More people in Kentucky are dying from the flu. There are now five confirmed flu deaths in Lexington. That brings the total number of dead in Kentucky from the flu to 12.

Comment

Source: https://www.wcpo.com/news/state/stat...2017-18-season

Kentucky reports first pediatric flu deaths in 2017-18 season
        WCPO Staff
        8:55 AM, Jan 12, 2018
        2 hours ago

FRANKFORT, Ky. -- The Department for Public Health reports two children have become Kentucky's first pediatric deaths for the 2017-18 flu season.

?Of the 36 flu-related deaths reported so far this season, two of those were children,? wrote Acting Department for Public Health Commissioner Dr. Jeffrey D. Howard in a news release. ?The average age of death of the other 34 people who died as a result of flu is 75 years of age,? continued Dr. Howard...

Comment

Number of flu-related deaths growing

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- Flu activity in Kentucky and the rest of the country is widespread and the number of deaths continues to grow.

The Cabinet for Health and Family Services says 50 people have now died in the Bluegrass, two of them were children. Influenza A, the most common strain in Kentucky is being attributed to the deaths.
          Influenza A, the most common strain in Kentucky is being attributed to the deaths.
          "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Flu season peaks
            Health officials report several deaths

By Lisa King
            Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 10:58 am

?We have widespread activity in Kentucky,? said Beth Fish, spokesperson for the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services. ?At present, forty-nine states are reporting widespread influence. This season?s strain of flu can be extremely dangerous, or even deadly.?

Fisher added that 59 deaths have been reported in Kentucky, including the two pediatric deaths.

Health departments around the state are reporting several deaths from influenza, including two children, as flu season gets into full swing.
            "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Kentucky flu activity now an epidemic

The Department of Public Health described flu activity in Kentucky as an epidemic Wednesday.

The most common type of flu identified in the state, influenza A, is responsible for 78% of the 65 deaths this season.

“Widespread influenza activity means that Kentuckians are likely to encounter one or more persons shedding influenza virus at work, at school, while shopping, while traveling, at athletic or entertainment events, and in places of worship,” said the Acting Department for Public Health Commissioner Dr. Jeffrey D. Howard. “A person who will develop influenza illness actually can transmit the virus to other persons beginning one day before their illness begins.”
              The Department of Public Health described flu activity in Kentucky as an epidemic Wednesday.

Comment

Kentucky reports 78 flu-related deaths, including 4 children, through Week 4.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KY Week 4.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	789575

Comment

Source: http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/2018/02/02...rted-kentucky/

100 flu-related deaths reported in Kentucky
                  February 2, 2018
                  AP

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) ? Kentucky public health officials say the state has had 100 flu-related deaths.

At least four of those deaths have been children. Kentucky had 76 flu-related deaths last season.

This is the seventh consecutive week of widespread flu activity in Kentucky. The flu season runs through late May, so State Epidemiologist Jonathan Ballard said it is not too late to get a flu shot. After getting a flu shot, it takes about two weeks to develop protection from the flu...

Comment

Kentucky flu stats released; 10 deaths reported in Jefferson County
                    Friday, February 2nd 2018, 3:14 pm EST
                    Friday, February 2nd 2018, 3:40 pm EST
                    By Tawana Andrew, Digital Content Producer/MeteorologistCONNECT

LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The number of flu-related deaths has now exceeded 100 in the Commonwealth.

The Department for Public Health is now reporting 103 deaths from the flu epidemic in Kentucky, four of whom have been children. Twenty-one people died in just the last week.

Ten of this year's deaths have been in Jefferson County, according to Metro Health. During the 2016-17 flu season, Kentucky only saw 76 deaths.

"Tragically, the influenza virus has claimed the lives of 100 Kentuckians so far this season," Dr. Jeffrey D. Howard, Acting Department for Public Health Commissioner, said. "During this time of widespread flu activity, we want to remind people to avoid contact with others if you have influenza or an influenza-like illness. If you are sick, seek care from your healthcare provider early. Lastly, take appropriate measures to protect yourself such as washing your hands with soap and water."

Comment

First flu-related death reported in county
                      Jonathan Greene/ jgreene@richmondregister.com 10 hrs ago

Health officials confirmed Madison County has had its first flu-related death this season.

Jim Thacker, public information officer with the Madison County Health Department, said state officials informed the county earlier this week that an elderly male passed away in late January.

Comment

Lexington Sees 12th Death From Flu
                        Posted: Feb 13, 2018 4:09 PM EST
                        Updated: Feb 13, 2018 4:14 PM EST

LEXINGTON, Ky. (LEX 18) ? The number of deaths in Lexington related to this season's widespread flu outbreak is now at 12, according to health officials.

Kevin Hall, spokesman for Lexington-Fayette County Health Department, said Tuesday that the department had confirmed its 12th flu-related death.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	KY.png
Views:	51
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	790330

Comment

34-YEAR-OLD GRAYSON COUNTY WOMAN DIES AT HOME FROM THE FLU; EXPERIENCED SYMPTOMS FOR ONLY TWO DAYS
                            FEBRUARY 22, 2018 LOCAL NEWS

A 34-year-old Grayson County woman has died as a result of the flu.
                            [Grayson County Coroner Joe Brad] Hudson added that as far as he can recall, the woman?s death was the first flu death in Grayson County since 1991 where the victim passed away at home.
                            The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services says there were 1,023 new lab-confirmed flu cases from February 4 through 10; up from the 660 lab-confirmed cases reported the previous week. One-hundred-forty-four Kentuckians have now died due to the flu.
                            By Ken Howlett, News Director

Contact Ken at ken@k105.com or 270-259-6000
                            A 34-year-old Grayson County woman has died as a result of the flu. Grayson County Coroner Joe Brad Hudson said the woman only experienced flu symptoms for two days before being found deceased at her residence by

Comment

Finally, Kentucky's flu outbreak is showing signs of slowing down

By WKYT News Staff | Posted: Fri 2:53 PM, Mar 02, 2018 | Updated: Fri 2:54 PM, Mar 02, 2018

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Kentucky's flu outbreak is still considered widespread, but health leaders say there are signs we have seen the worst of the flu season.

There were 765 lab-confirmed flu cases during the week of Feb. 18-24, which is down from the 1,015 cases the previous week.

The death toll increased from 151 to 160, but the nine deaths are down from 19 the previous week.
                              Kentucky's flu outbreak is still considered widespread, but health leaders say there are signs we have seen the worst of the flu season.

Comment

Working...
                              X