Kansas Influenza 2017-18: 168 fatalities, including 2 children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas Influenza 2017-18: 168 fatalities, including 2 children

Through Week 1, Kansas is reporting 9 flu-related deaths. Click image for larger version

Name:	Kansas Week 1 deaths.PNG
Views:	91
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	788190
    Last edited by JimO; January 29, 2018, 02:32 PM.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

In Week 2, Kansas reports a total of 18 flu-related deaths this season.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Kansas is reporting 35 flu-related deaths through Week 3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KS Week 3.PNG
Views:	71
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	788947

Comment

Kansas is reporting 48 flu-related deaths through Week 4.

Name:	KS Week 4.PNG
Views:	76
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	789365

Comment

Kansas is reporting 65 flu-related deaths through Week 5.

Name:	KS Week 5.PNG
Views:	85
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	789787

Comment

Wesley Medical Center confirms two pediatric flu deaths

Posted: Tue 4:57 PM, Feb 06, 2018 | Updated: Tue 8:42 PM, Feb 06, 2018

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) At least two children have died in Kansas because of the flu.

It continues to be widespread in almost all of the United States.

A spokesperson for Wesley Medical Center said two children have died there because of the virus.
            http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Wes...473017773.html

Two children die from the flu in Wichita
            BY KAITLYN ALANIS

kalanis@wichitaeagle.com
            February 06, 2018 04:19 PM

Updated 10 hours 34 minutes ago
            Jerry Kratochvil, a spokesman with the state health department, said no pediatric flu deaths have been reported to the KDHE. However, he said the department bases its count on death certificates, and it can take months for the department to receive those. To the state, ?pediatric? includes newborns to age 17.
            Twitter: @RonanKelly13
            The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Associated Press
              2/7/18 2 pediatric flu deaths reported at Wichita hospital

Excerpt:
              The Kansas Department of Health and Environment says influenza has been the direct cause of death in 68 people and a contributing cause of death in 32 people.

Comment

Name:	KS.png
Views:	74
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	790317
                With the beginning of Influenza season, it was decided that the previous graph displaying total ED visits for fever and respiratory symptoms would not be of immediate use for determining county-level COVID-19 vs. Influenza activity due to similarities in presentation.
                The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Views:	53
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	790711
                  With the beginning of Influenza season, it was decided that the previous graph displaying total ED visits for fever and respiratory symptoms would not be of immediate use for determining county-level COVID-19 vs. Influenza activity due to similarities in presentation.

Comment

Name:	Kansas.png
Views:	70
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	791128

Comment

Views:	67
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	791456

Comment

Views:	72
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	791770

Comment

Views:	96
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	792359

Comment

Views:	82
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	792779

Comment

Views:	37
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	793093

Comment

Working...
                              X