• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Influenza 2017-18; 315 fatalities

Indiana flu deaths tally doubles in a week, hits 50
    Staff Reports
    Published: January 12, 2018, 11:21 pm

Gautam Gupta receives an influenza shot from Nurse Practitioner Ray Grigorio in the MinuteClinic at the CVS/pharmacy on Jan. 6, 2014, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. (Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
    INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) ? The number of flu deaths in Indiana doubled in a week, state health officials said Friday.

The total of influenza-related deaths this season increased to 50, with 25 added cases in the first week of January, according to a report from the state Department of Health.

The report does not say where the victims died or give their specific ages, but it does state that 36 of the deaths were people 65 years of age or older. That number grew from 16 a week earlier.
    http://wishtv.com/2018/01/12/indiana...-week-hits-50/
    Last edited by JimO; February 2, 2018, 01:51 PM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Indiana health agency: Flu deaths statewide 79 as of Jan. 13
    Associated Press 10 hrs ago

In this Friday, Sept. 22, 2017 file photo, a flu vaccine injection is administered at the Brownsville Events Center by a pharmacist in Brownsville, Texas.

INDIANAPOLIS ? Health officials say the number of flu-related deaths in Indiana this season jumped to 79 as of last week, up from 50 the previous week.

The Indiana State Department of Health said Friday in its weekly influenza report for the period ending Dec. 13 that 58 of the deaths have occurred among people age 65 or older and 14 in the 50-64 age group. Six have occurred in the 25-49 age group and one in the 5-24 age group.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Indiana reports 107 flu-related deaths through Week 3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IN Week 3.PNG
Views:	103
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	789189
      "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Indiana reports 136 flu-related deaths, including 2 children, through Week 4.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IN Week 4.PNG
Views:	116
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	789573
        "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Indiana flu deaths reach 167 with no signs the season has peaked
          Associated Press and Leigh Hedger, IndyStar Published 5:18 p.m. ET Feb. 9, 2018

This year?s flu season is a particularly bad one, and perhaps you are dismayed to hear that some people have gotten the flu vaccine and still came down with the flu. (This happens every year, but it seems more real when it happens to you or somebody you know.) But the flu vaccine is still working. Here?s what you need? Read more... Wochit

INDIANAPOLIS ? State health officials say the number of flu-related deaths in Indiana this season reached 167 last week, up from 136 the previous week.

"This is a severe flu season, and unfortunately there are no signs that it has peaked yet," said State Health Commissioner Kris Box in a release.
          State health officials say the number of flu-related deaths in Indiana this season reached 167 last week, up from 136 the previous week.

Comment

Coroner: 7-year-old Columbus girl died from flu complications
            POSTED 12:11 PM, FEBRUARY 15, 2018, BY FOX59 WEB

COLUMBUS, Ind. ? A Columbus girl died from complications from the flu, the Bartholomew County coroner ruled Thursday.

Savanna Jessie, 7, fell ill two weeks ago. The coroner?s office previously said that she tested positive for influenza, along with strep throat and scarlet fever.
            COLUMBUS, Ind. — A Columbus girl died from complications from the flu, the Bartholomew County coroner ruled Thursday. Savanna Jessie, 7, fell ill two weeks ago. The coroner’s office pre…

Comment

Indiana flu-related deaths reached nearly 200 last week

Associated Press
              3:23 PM, Feb 16, 2018

Copyright 2014 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) ? State health officials say Indiana?s flu-related deaths rose to nearly 200 last week as the current severe flu season continued.

Indiana?s weekly influenza report shows 195 people had died from flu-related illnesses as of Feb. 10. That?s up from 167 the previous week.
              State health officials say Indiana’s flu-related deaths rose to nearly 200 last week as the current severe flu season continued.

Comment

7-Year-Old Terre Haute Boy Dies From Flu Complications
                Jackson Pirtle passed away Friday morning at Riley Hospital for Children.
                WIBC News Room
                Feb. 23, 2018

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Another Indiana child has died from complications of the flu.

7-year-old Jackson Pirtle of Terre Haute passed away this morning at Riley Hospital for Children.

Jackson had been on a ventilator and a machine to pump his heart since being admitted to Riley on February 1, according to WTWO-TV.

Influenza-like Illness - Week Ending February 17, 2018
                ILI Geographic Distribution Widespread
                ILI Activity Code High
                Percent of ILI reported by sentinel outpatient providers 6.38%
                Percent of ILI reported by emergency department chief
                complaints 6.41%
                Percent positivity of influenza specimens tested at ISDH 63%
                Number of influenza-associated deaths this season 219
                Number of long-term care facility outbreaks this season 98
                Number of school-wide outbreaks this season 6

Comment

INDIANA'S 244 FLU-RELATED DEATHS INCLUDE 3 KIDS 4 OR YOUNGER

Posted: Mar. 2, 2018 3:22 PM
                  Updated: Mar. 2, 2018 3:22 PM
                  Posted By: Gordon Jackson
                  INDIANAPOLIS (AP) ? Indiana's latest influenza report shows the state has experienced 244 flu-related deaths this season, compared with 219 a week earlier.

The report released Friday for the week ending Feb. 24 says 183 of the deaths have involved people age 65 and older, but three children ages 4 and under also have died. There have been six deaths in the 5-24 age group, 12 in among people ages 25-49, and 40 in the 50-64 age group.

Comment

Weekly Influenza Report
                    Week 9
                    Report Date: Friday, March 09, 2018
                    Influenza-like Illness - Week Ending March 3, 2018
                    ILI Activity Code High
                    Percent of ILI reported by sentinel outpatient providers 4.27%
                    complaints 3.55%
                    Percent positivity of influenza specimens tested at ISDH 70%
                    Number of influenza-associated deaths this season 265
                    Number of long-term care facility outbreaks this season 104

Comment

Influenza-like Illness - Week Ending March 10, 2018
                      ILI Activity Code Moderate
                      Percent of ILI reported by sentinel outpatient providers 3.03%
                      complaints 2.83%
                      Percent positivity of influenza specimens tested at ISDH 75%
                      Number of influenza-associated deaths this season 278
                      Number of long-term care facility outbreaks this season 106

Comment

Influenza-like Illness - Week Ending March 24, 2018
                        ILI Activity Code Moderate
                        Percent of ILI reported by sentinel outpatient providers 3.59%
                        complaints 2.34%
                        Percent positivity of influenza specimens tested at ISDH 75%
                        Number of influenza-associated deaths this season 293
                        Number of long-term care facility outbreaks this season 111

Comment

Latest health department flu report shows 304 Hoosier deaths this season
                          POSTED 3:45 PM, APRIL 6, 2018, BY FOX59 WEB

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. ? The latest report from the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) shows flu deaths in Indiana continue to rise.

The report shows 304 flu deaths in the state this season. That?s up 11 from last week?s report showing 293 deaths.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The latest report from the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) shows flu deaths in Indiana continue to rise. The report shows 304 flu deaths in the state this seaso…

Comment

Latest health department flu report shows 312 Hoosier deaths this season
                            POSTED 4:05 PM, APRIL 13, 2018, BY CBS4 WEB

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. ? The latest report from the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) shows flu deaths in Indiana continue to rise.

The report shows 312 flu deaths in the state this season. That?s up eight from last week?s report showing [304] deaths.

Twenty Indiana counties have experienced at least five flu deaths, according to the report. The breakdown is as follows: Adams 9; Allen 26; Boone 7; DeKalb 6; Elkhart 7; Floyd 11; Grant 10; Hamilton 11;Hendricks 6; Jackson 5; Johnson 8; Lake 19; LaPorte 5; Madison 5; Marion 25; Morgan 9; Noble 5; Porter; 5; Shelby 8; St. Joseph 9; Tippecanoe 5; Vanderburgh 13.
                            INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The latest report from the Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) shows flu deaths in Indiana continue to rise. The report shows 312 flu deaths in the state this seaso…

Comment

Influenza-like Illness - Week Ending April 14, 2018
                              ILI Geographic Distribution Sporadic
                              ILI Activity Code Low
                              Percent of ILI reported by sentinel outpatient providers 2.75%
                              complaints 1.36%
                              Percent positivity of influenza specimens tested at ISDH 68%
                              Number of influenza-associated deaths this season 315
                              Number of long-term care facility outbreaks this season 115

Comment

Working...
                              X