• Show
Clear All

• Indiana Influenza 2014-15: Flu deaths total 138 so far this season

Source: http://www.abc57.com/story/27855610/...ths-could-rise

State health officials warn flu deaths could rise
    Posted: Jan 15, 2015 4:36 AM EST Updated: Jan 15, 2015 4:36 AM EST
    By Brandon Pope

ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. -

State health officials are warning that the number of state flu related deaths could rise. And despite it's deadly toll, the state's health commissioner says people aren't taking the flu seriously.

The flu virus already has taken the lives of 66 people in our state. And by Friday, when the weekly flu report is released, that number is expected to grow.

Last year, the flu took a few 70 lives alone. And state health officials expect this season's flu deaths to easily surpass that...

Indiana in midst of ‘severe’ flu season; 85 deaths reported statewide

INDIANAPOLIS (Jan. 16, 2015) – This year’s flu season has proven to be particularly severe, according to the Indiana State Department of Health.

According to health officials, there have been 85 flu-related deaths reported in Indiana. That’s higher than the death total in each of the previous 10 years—and flu season is only halfway over.

http://fox59.com/2015/01/16/indiana-...ted-statewide/
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Source: http://www.theindychannel.com/lifest...-to-nearly-100

Indiana flu-related deaths rise to nearly 100
      TheIndyChannel.com Staff
      3:49 PM, Jan 23, 2015
      36 mins ago

INDIANAPOLIS - Nearly 100 flu-related deaths have been reported this season by state health officials.

The newest numbers were released in a report by the Indiana State Department of Health on Friday afternoon.

Twelve deaths were reported in the last week, bringing the total number of deaths up to 97...

Comment

Data Summary for Week Ending January 24, 2015 (Week 3)
        Percent of ILI reported by emergency department surveillance system 1.62%
        Percent of ILI reported by sentinel surveillance system 2.00%
        Number of specimens submitted for influenza testing at ISDH Laboratory 26
        Percent of positive influenza specimens tested at ISDH Laboratory 26.9%
        Number of influenza-associated deaths reported for 2014-2015 season 108
        Number of Indiana schools (K-12) with absenteeism rate 20% or higher 0
        Twitter: @RonanKelly13
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Data as of 02.06.2015

Data Summary for Week Ending January 31, 2015 (Week 4)
          Percent of ILI reported by emergency department surveillance system 1.51%
          Percent of ILI reported by sentinel surveillance system 1.73%
          Number of specimens submitted for influenza testing at ISDH Laboratory 17
          Percent of positive influenza specimens tested at ISDH Laboratory 17.7%
          Number of influenza-associated deaths reported for 2014-2015 season 115
          The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

WEEKLY INFLUENZA REPORT
            Report Date: Friday, March 27, 2015

Data Summary for Week Ending March 21, 2015 (Week 11)
            Percent of ILI reported by emergency department surveillance system 1.38%
            Percent of ILI reported by sentinel surveillance system 1.57%
            Number of specimens submitted for influenza testing at ISDH Laboratory 17
            Percent of positive influenza specimens tested at ISDH Laboratory 82.35%
            Number of influenza-associated deaths reported for 2014-2015 season 138

Comment

Working...
            X