• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana: ?Harsh? flu season lands many in hospital in the Ft. Wayne area

Source: http://wane.com/2014/12/30/harsh-flu...y-in-hospital/

?Harsh? flu season lands many in hospital
    By waneginaglaros Published: December 30, 2014, 6:03 pm

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) The flu has hit our area hard, starting earlier than normal and lasting longer, according to the Allen County Health Commissioner.

Dr. Deborah McMahan with the Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health said they?re investigating four deaths from Influenza, results of what she?s calling a harsh flu season.

Indiana is among most of the nation considered having widespread reports of the flu, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

?I tell you, we have been hammered with Influenza, sort of relentlessly, I?d say for the last three or four weeks and it doesn?t look like it?s dying down as of now,? said Dr. McMahan.

Dr. McMahan said the typical flu season begins in February or March. This year?s strain of the flu has already landed many in the hospital.

Influenza (Flu) Activity in Indiana 2014-2015
    A weekly update on influenza (flu) activity in Indiana will be provided by state health officials each Friday. This update includes general information on flu activity based on surveillance across the state, but will NOT include flu case counts at either the state or the county level.

Health officials report 36 flu-related deaths in Indiana

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Jan. 2, 2015)? The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced that three dozen Hoosiers have had flu-related deaths this season.

Before last week, 5 deaths had been reported. Out of the 31 deaths reported last week, 29 were people age 65 or older.
    INDIANAPOLIS,  Ind. (Jan. 2, 2015)– The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced that three dozen Hoosiers have had flu-related deaths this season. Before last…
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X