• Hawaii Influenza 2019-20; 1 pediatric fatality

Homepage: https://health.hawaii.gov/docd/disea...influenza-flu/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawaii.png
Views:	170
Size:	295.8 KB
ID:	822509
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Views:	81
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	823140
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Views:	77
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	824693

Comment

Views:	72
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	828314
        For week 4 of the current influenza season:
        • 6.0% of all deaths that occurred in Hawaii during week 4 were related to pneumonia or influenza. For the
        current season (season to date: 5.9%), there have been 3,831 deaths from any cause, 227 of which were due to
        P&I.
        • The P&I rate was lower than the historical baseline in Hawaii9
        (i.e., outside the 95% confidence interval).
        • The Hawaii P&I rate was comparable to the CDC’s National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) P&I
        mortality10 (7.1%) (i.e., inside the 95% confidence interval) and comparable to the national epidemic threshold
        (7.2%) (i.e., inside the 95% confidence interval) for week 4.
        INFLUENZA-ASSOCIATED PEDIATRIC DEATHS11:
        • One influenza-associated pediatric death was reported in Hawaii during week 4. This death was associated with
        an influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 virus. There has been a total of one influenza-associated pediatric death reported
        in Hawaii during the 2019–2020 season.

Comment

Views:	67
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	829605
          For week 5 of the current influenza season:
          • 8.3% (season to date: 3.2%) of the outpatient visits recorded by Hawaii sentinel providers were for ILI.
          • ILI visits were higher than the historical baseline in Hawaii2,3
          • Hawaii’s ILI outpatient visits were higher than the national baseline (2.4%)
          (i.e., outside the 95% confidence
          interval) and higher than the national ILI rate (6.7%) (i.e., outside the 95% confidence interval).
          • Geographic Spread: Regional Activity5
          • ILI Cluster Activity: Three new clusters were reported to HDOH during week 5. These clusters occurred at a
          long-term care facility and school on Oahu and a school on Kauai. These clusters included cases of influenza
          A.

Comment

WEEK 6: FEBRUARY 2, 2020–FEBRUARY 8, 2020

Views:	66
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	831352
            For week 6 of the current influenza season:
            • 9.8% (season to date: 3.5%) of the outpatient visits recorded by Hawaii sentinel providers were for ILI.
            interval) and higher than the national ILI rate (6.8%) (i.e., outside the 95% confidence interval).
            • ILI Cluster Activity: Two new clusters were reported to HDOH during week 6. One cluster occurred at a longterm care facility on Hawaii Island. One cluster occurred at a school on Oahu. These clusters included cases
            of influenza A.

Comment

WEEK 7: FEBRUARY 9, 2020–FEBRUARY 15, 2020

Views:	53
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	833396
              For week 7 of the current influenza season:
              • 7.3% (season to date: 3.7%) of the outpatient visits recorded by Hawaii sentinel providers were for ILI.
              interval) and comparable to the national ILI rate (6.1%) (i.e., inside the 95% confidence interval).
              • ILI Cluster Activity: Two new clusters were reported to HDOH during week 7. One cluster occurred at a longterm care facility on Oahu. One cluster occurred at a correctional facility on Oahu. These clusters included
              cases of influenza A

Comment

Views:	42
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	835624
                For week 8 of the current influenza season:
                • 7.7% (season to date: 3.8%) of the outpatient visits recorded by Hawaii sentinel providers were for ILI.
                interval) and higher than the national ILI rate (5.5%) (i.e., outside the 95% confidence interval).
                • ILI Cluster Activity: One new cluster was reported to HDOH during week 8. This cluster occurred at a longterm care facility on Hawaii island and included cases of influenza A.

Comment

Views:	53
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	838111

For week 9 of the current influenza season:
                  • 6.6% (season to date: 4.0%) of the outpatient visits recorded by Hawaii sentinel providers were for ILI.
                  interval) and higher than the national ILI rate (5.3%) (i.e., outside the 95% confidence interval).
                  • Geographic Spread: Local Activity5
                  • ILI Cluster Activity: Four new clusters were reported to HDOH during week 9. Three of these clusters occurred
                  at schools on Oahu. One cluster occurred at a long-term care facility on Oahu. These clusters included cases
                  of influenza A and B
                  https://health.hawaii.gov/docd/files...rveillance.pdf

Comment

For week 10 of the current influenza season:
                    • 6.7% (season to date: 4.1%) of the outpatient visits recorded by Hawaii sentinel providers were for ILI.
                    interval) and higher than the national ILI rate (5.2%) (i.e., outside the 95% confidence interval).
                    • Geographic Spread: Local Activity5
                    • ILI Cluster Activity: One new cluster was reported to HDOH during week 10. This cluster occurred at a longterm care facility on Oahu. This cluster included cases of influenza B.

Views:	42
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	841205
                    https://health.hawaii.gov/docd/files...rveillance.pdf

Comment

Working...
                    X