Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Governor Crist encourages Floridians to get vaccinated during National Influenza Vaccination Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governor Crist encourages Floridians to get vaccinated during National Influenza Vaccination Week

GOVERNOR CRIST ENCOURAGES FLORIDIANS TO GET VACCINATED DURING NATIONAL INFLUENZA VACCINATION WEEK
    ~~ ~Joins Florida Department of Health in campaign to ?Spread the Word,
    Not the Flu? ~ ~~

January 12, 2010
    GOVERNOR'S PRESS OFFICE
    (850) 488-5394

TALLAHASSEE ? Governor Charlie Crist today encouraged Floridians to get vaccinated for both the seasonal and H1N1 Swine Flu during National Influenza Vaccination Week, taking place January 10 ? 16, 2010. Governor Crist and State Surgeon General Dr. Ana Viamonte Ros highlighted the importance of influenza vaccination by launching a statewide campaign,
    ?Spread the Word, Not the Flu.?

?By being responsible with your own health, you are helping keep your friends, family and community healthy,? said Governor Crist. ?I encourage all Floridians to be vigilant throughout the year and use the simple, common-sense precautions that help reduce the spread of the seasonal and H1N1 flu.?

The public awareness campaign will provide education and information about the H1N1 Swine Flu vaccine through public service announcements, newspaper inserts and other community outreach material. National Influenza Vaccination Week, in coordination with the Florida Department of Health and its federal partners, reminds Floridians of vaccination programs for communities across the state and nation.

?I encourage everyone to take this opportunity to get vaccinated for both the seasonal and H1N1 flu,? said Surgeon General Ana Viamonte Ros. ?Now is the perfect time for Floridians to protect themselves, their families and community from these potentially deadly viruses.?

Florida?s County Health Departments continue to offer free public flu vaccination clinics, many with extended hours. To learn more about National Influenza Vaccination Week and H1N1 Swine Flu vaccine in your local community, visit the Florida Department of Health?s Web site at www.myflusafety.com or call the Florida Flu Information Line at 1-877-352-3581.
    ###

National Influenza Vaccination Week

WHEREAS, the timing, spread and severity of influenza viruses is uncertain; and

WHEREAS, influenza vaccination is the most effective method for preventing influenza and influenza?related complication; and

WHEREAS, the United States government has an obligation to protect the health and welfare of its citizens; and

WHEREAS, health officials have confirmed the 2009 H1N1 flu vaccination is now widely available and are urging people of all ages across the United States to get vaccinated as it becomes available in their communities; and

WHEREAS, flu vaccines not only protect the person vaccinated but can also prevent the spread of influenza to their close contacts;

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Charlie Crist, Governor of the State of Florida, do hereby extend greetings and well wishes to all observing January 10-16, 2010, as National Influenza Vaccination Week, and urge citizens to observe this week by getting the 2009 H1N1 vaccine and encouraging friends, fellow employees and relatives to do the same.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of Florida to be affixed at Tallahassee, the Capitol, this 11th day of January in the year two thousand ten.

Charlie Crist
    Governor
    National Influenza Vaccination Week

"Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
    -Nelson Mandela
Working...
X