Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30-year-old Naples man nearly dies from H1N1 virus

NAPLES, FL -

A 30-year-old Naples man is back home after spending the last two months in critical condition with the H1N1 virus.

Jeff Reilley says he was in a coma for five weeks. It started as with what he thought was a cold.

"I thought it was going away," Rielley said.

Reilley says he is a normally healthy person and did not get a flu shot. He never thought it would threaten his life.

"Next thing you know, I'm in the hospital for a while," Reilley said.

After a week at NCH Naples, doctors took Reilley to Tampa General. He was in intensive care, and in a coma for five weeks.

"The first thing I remember is the Super Bowl. The last thing I remember is it was January 4th," Reilley said.

Recovery hasn't been easy. Reilley ate his first meal in five weeks, and spent the last month re-gaining strength -- things he used to take for granted until now.

"Two others were in the ICU with me and both of them passed away. One was a 28-year-old new mom and the other was a weight lifter," Reilley said.

Re: 30-year-old Naples man nearly dies from H1N1 virus

Hey, that is me. I look emaciated. Walked into hospital January 2nd, weighing 190. Walked out March 3rd, weighing 118. What ever you do, try not to get H1N1; it was not a good time.

Comment

Re: 30-year-old Naples man nearly dies from H1N1 virus

Welcome Jeff! It's great to hear from you. I wish you a quick recovery!
      "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
      -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Working...
      X