Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu season turns deadly: Claims Collier resident and possibly 2 from Lee

Flu season turns deadly: Claims Collier resident and possibly 2 from Lee

The 2013-14 flu season, already deadly for some otherwise healthy people in parts of Florida, has claimed the life of a 20-something Collier County resident and may have caused at least two Lee hospital patient deaths, public health agencies reported Tuesday.

Collier?s victim was between 20 and 25 years old, had no underlying health problems, and died in late December, said Health Department spokeswoman Deb Millsap. Three others between 25 and 55 are hospitalized in Naples, she said.

snip

Diane Holm, spokeswoman for the department?s Lee County office, said that an adult hospitalized in Lee County and suffering from the flu died this month. The person was between 30 and 39 and had underlying, but unspecified, health problems, Holm said.

snip

Lee Memorial Health System spokeswoman Mary Briggs said she is unaware of the case. But she said at least one of its patients died in November from medical problems ?caused by or linked to a case of influenza.?...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X