Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware Influenza 2019-20; 14 fatalities

State Flu Homepage: https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/e...uenzawkly.html

Link to last year's thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...-24-fatalities

Delaware Weekly Influenza Report
    MMWR Week 52 (December 22, 2019- December 28, 2019)
    Delaware Division of Public Health
    Delaware Influenza Surveillance 2019-2020:
    During MMWR Week 52, there were 470 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among
    Delaware Residents. Reports of influenza-like-illness (ILI) received from participating providers,
    facilities, and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 4.17% compared to Delaware’s 2019-2020 baseline of
    1.9%. Nationally, 6.9% of visits to a healthcare provider were for ILI, which is an increase from last week
    and is now above the 2019-2020 national baseline of 2.4%. All regions were at or above their baselines

Delaware Reports First Flu-related Deaths of 2019-2020 Season
    Posted: Jan 07, 2020 11:34 AM EST
    Updated: Jan 07, 2020 11:55 AM EST
    By Amy LuCONNECT

DOVER, Del.- Delaware's Public Health Division is announcing the first flu-related deaths of the 2019-2020 season and is warning people to get vaccinated to protect themselves and those around them.

DPH says a 68-year-old woman and a 65-year-old man both contracted different strains of the flu and died. Both were from Sussex County and had underlying health conditions.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

During MMWR Week 1, there were 471 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among
    Delaware Residents. Reports of influenza-like-illness (ILI) received from participating providers,
    facilities, and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 1.5% compared to Delaware’s 2019-2020 baseline of
    1.9%. Nationally, 5.8% of visits to a healthcare provider were for ILI, which is a decrease from last week,
    and is still above the 2019-2020 national baseline of 2.4%. All regions remain above their baselines .
    2 fatalities confirmed
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

During MMWR Week 2, there were 366 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among
      facilities, and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 1.17% compared to Delaware’s 2019-2020 baseline of
      1.9%. Nationally, 4.7% of visits to a healthcare provider were for ILI, which is a decrease from last week,
      and is still above the 2019-2020 national baseline of 2.4%. All regions remain above their baselines.
      3 fatalities confirmed.

Comment

Number of flu deaths in Delaware this season rises to 4
        THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
        JANUARY 25, 2020 11:15 AM
        WILMINGTON, DEL.
        A 29-year-old Delaware man has died of the flu, bringing the number of deaths so far this season to four, health officials said.

The man was from New Castle County, as was a 65-year-old woman who died last week, officials said Friday. None of the four had received the flu vaccine, and all had underlying medical conditions

Comment

During MMWR Week 3, there were 468 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among
          facilities, and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 1.97% compared to Delaware’s 2019-2020 baseline of
          1.9%. Nationally, 5.0% of visits to a healthcare provider were for ILI, which is an increase from last
          week, and is still above the 2019-2020 national baseline of 2.4%. All regions remain above their
          baselines.
          3 fatalities confirmed

Comment

During MMWR Week 4, there were 527 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among
            facilities, and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 1.01% compared to Delaware’s 2019-2020 baseline of
            1.9%. Nationally, 5.7% of visits to a healthcare provider were for ILI, which is an increase from last
            week, and is still above the 2019-2020 national baseline of 2.4%. All regions remain above their
            baselines.
            5 fatalities confirmed.

Comment

During MMWR Week 5, there were 639 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among
              facilities, and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 2.6% compared to Delaware’s 2019-2020 baseline of
              1.9%. Nationally, 6.7% of visits to a healthcare provider were for ILI, which is an increase from last
              baselines.
              7 fatalities reported.

Comment

Three more Delawareans have died of the flu
                Meredith Newman, Delaware News JournalPublished 11:20 a.m. ET Feb. 10, 2020 | Updated 1:39 p.m. ET Feb. 10, 2020
                The most recent deaths included a 95-year-old Kent County man, a 71-year-old New Castle County woman and a 96-year-old Sussex County woman.
                As of Feb. 1, the Delaware health officials confirmed a total of 3,592 flu cases, which is about 1,500 more cases than this time last year.

Comment

During MMWR Week 6, there were 785 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among
                  facilities, and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 2.6% compared to Delaware’s 2019-2020 baseline of
                  1.9%. Nationally, 6.8% of visits to a healthcare provider were for ILI, which is an increase from last
                  baselines.

Comment

First State sees two new flu deaths
                    By SOPHIA SCHMIDT • 12 MINUTES AGO

The most recent deaths were an 83-year-old and a 59-year old. Both women were from New Castle County and diagnosed with influenza A.

Five of the nine people who have died so far this season were from New Castle County. One was from Kent County, and three were from Sussex.

They ranged in age from 29 to 96, and two had received the flu vaccine.
                    State public health officials announced two more flu-related deaths, bringing the total this season to nine. The most recent deaths were an 83-year-old…

Comment

During MMWR WEEK 7, there were 652 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among
                      facilities, and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 2.7% compared to Delaware’s 2019-2020 baseline of
                      1.9%. Nationally, 6.0% of visits to a healthcare provider were for ILI, which is a decrease from last week,
                      but is still above the 2019-2020 national baseline of 2.4%. All regions remain above their baselines.

Comment

During MMWR WEEK 8, there were 519 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among
                        facilities, and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 3.74% compared to Delaware’s 2019-2020 baseline of
                        1.9%. Nationally, 5.5% of visits to a healthcare provider were for ILI, which is a decrease from last week,
                        but is still above the 2019-2020 national baseline of 2.4%. All regions remain above their baselines.
                        11 confirmed fatalities.

Comment

During MMWR WEEK 9, there were 422 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among
                          facilities, and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 3.51% compared to Delaware’s 2019-2020 baseline of
                          1.9%. Nationally, 5.3% of visits to a healthcare provider were for ILI, which is a decrease from last week,
                          11 confirmed fatalities.

Comment

During MMWR WEEK 10, there were 439 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among
                            facilities, and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 2.47 % compared to Delaware’s 2019-2020 baseline of
                            1.9%. Nationally, 5.2% of visits to a healthcare provider were for ILI, which is a decrease from last week,
                            14 confirmed fatalities.
                            https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/e...lu2020wk10.pdf

Comment

During MMWR WEEK 11, there were 395 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among
                              facilities, and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 2.28 % compared to Delaware’s 2019-2020 baseline of
                              1.9%. Nationally, 5.8% of visits to a healthcare provider were for ILI, which is an increase from last
                              baselines.
                              https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/e...lu2020wk11.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X