X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware Influenza 2018-19; 24 fatalities

Homepage: https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/e...uenzawkly.html

Delaware Influenza Surveillance 2018-2019:
    During MMWR Week 42, there were five laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing
    the total to 15 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
    institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.11% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI is 1.5%, below
    the 2018-2019 national baseline of 2.2%.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

During MMWR Week 43, there were eight laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing
    the total to 23 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
    institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.11% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI is 1.7%, below

During MMWR Week 44, there were 19 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing the
    total to 42 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
    institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.15% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

During MMWR Week 45, there were 19 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing the
      total to 61 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
      institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.53% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI is 1.9%, below

Comment

During MMWR Week 46, there were 10 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing the
        total to 71 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
        institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.42% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI remains at 1.9%,
        below the 2018-2019 national baseline of 2.2%.

Comment

During MMWR Week 47, there were 21 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing the
          total to 71 93 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
          institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.26% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI increased to
          2.3%, above the 2018-2019 national baseline of 2.2%.

Comment

During MMWR Week 48, there were 45 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing the
            total to 138 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
            institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.20% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI is 2.2%, at the
            2018-2019 national baseline of 2.2%.

Comment

During MMWR Week 49, there were 45 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing the
              total to 187 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
              institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.65% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI remains at 2.2%,
              at the 2018-2019 national baseline of 2.2%.

Comment

During MMWR Week 50, there were 95 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing the
                total to 282 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
                institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.66% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI is at 2.7%,
                compared with the 2018-2019 national baseline of 2.2%.

Comment

During MMWR Week 51, there were 179 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing
                  the total to 461 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
                  institutions in Delaware show ILI is 1.25% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI is at 3.3%,

Comment

First flu deaths of season reported in Delaware

By - Associated Press - Wednesday, January 2, 2019
                    DOVER, Del. (AP) - Public health officials are reporting the first flu-related deaths in Delaware in the 2018-2019 flu season.

Authorities said Wednesday that a 65-year-old man who was infected with Influenza A died last week, making him the first flu fatality. Officials say a 73-year-old man and a 77-year-old woman also died within the past few days after being infected with Influenza A.

All three individuals were residents of Sussex County and had underlying health conditions.

Comment

During MMWR Week 52, there were 223 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing
                      the total to 687 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
                      institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.81% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI is at 4.1%,
                      1 total fatality confirmed.

Two more Delawareans die of flu, bringing this season's total to 5
                      Meredith Newman, Delaware News Journal Published 4:36 p.m. ET Jan. 7, 2019 | Updated 4:40 p.m. ET Jan. 7, 2019

Two more Delawareans died from the flu during the weekend, bringing this season's total to five people, health officials said Monday.

The most recent deaths include a 51-year-old Kent County woman and a 55-year-old New Castle County woman, said Jennifer Brestel, a spokeswoman with the Division of Public Health. Both were infected with Influenza A and both had underlying health conditions.

As of Dec. 29, 687 people have been confirmed with the flu, though health officials believe the number is likely higher. There have been 118 hospitalizations.
                      Two more Delawareans have died of the influenza this weekend, bring this flu season's total to five people, health officials said Monday.

Comment

During MMWR Week 1, there were 195 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing the
                        total to 883 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
                        institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.75% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI decreased from
                        4.0% to 3.5%, but remains above the national baseline of 2.2%.
                        3 confirmed fatalities

Comment

During MMWR Week 2, there were 163 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing the
                          total to 1,046 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
                          institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.75% compared with Delaware?s 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI decreased from
                          3.5% to 3.1%, but remains above the national baseline of 2.2%.

5 confirmed fatalities

Comment

During MMWR Week 3, there were 233 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing the
                            total to 1,286 for the 2018-2019 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and
                            institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.81% compared with the 2018-2019 baseline of 2.0%. Nationally, ILI increased to 3.3% from
                            3.1%, above the national baseline of 2.2%.
                            5 confirmed fatalities

Comment

Three more Delawareans die from the flu, increasing season's total to 8
                              Meredith Newman, Delaware News Journal Published 4:34 p.m. ET Jan. 31, 2019 | Updated 5:08 p.m. ET Jan. 31, 2019

On Thursday, Christiana Care Health System is attempting to vaccinate all 12,000 employees with the flu shot. Jennifer Corbett, Wilmington

Three more Delawareans have died from the flu this month, increasing the death toll to eight people this season, health officials said Thursday.

All eight residents, whose ages range from 41 to 83, were infected with the Influenza A strain and likely had underlying health conditions, state health officials said. The most recent death occurred this week in an 83-year-old man from New Castle County.

Last week, a 41-year-old New Castle County woman and a 74-year-old Sussex County woman died from complications stemming from the flu, officials said.
                              Three more Delawareans have died from the flu this month, increasing the death toll to eight people this season, health officials said Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                              X