Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware Influenza 2016-17: 5 fatalities

Link to 2015-16: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...15-2016-season

DPH Announces Second Flu Death of the Season: Holds Annual Legislative Hall Flu Clinic
    Date Posted: Thursday, January 19th, 2017
    Categories: Delaware Health and Social Services News Public Health

DOVER ? The Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH) held its final community flu clinic of the 2016-2017 flu season on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017 at the Legislative Hall Library. The annual event is open to the public and 31 people were vaccinated.

Additionally, DPH is announcing the second flu-related death for the 2016-2017 season. A 98-year-old New Castle County woman who had underlying health conditions and passed away last week. She had been diagnosed with influenza A.

To date, Delaware has 285 confirmed flu cases for the 2016-2017 season, with 77 requiring hospitalization. Of the 285 confirmed cases, 138 have been in New Castle County, 93 in Kent County, and 54 in Sussex County. These numbers reflect lab-confirmed cases and the number of individuals in the community with influenza or influenza-like illnesses, is likely much higher.
    The Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH) held its final community flu clinic of the 2016-2017 flu season on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017 at the Legislative Hall Library. The annual event is open to the public and 31 people were vaccinated. Additionally, DPH is announcing the second flu-related death for the 2016-2017 season. A 98-year-old New Castle County woman who had underlying health conditions and passed away last week. She had been diagnosed with influenza A.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

2 more flu deaths reported in Delaware
    Associated Press Published: February 23, 2017 3:45 PM CDT Updated: February 23, 2017 3:45 PM CDT

DOVER, Del. (AP) ?

Delaware Health and Social Services said in a news release Thursday that an 86-year-old Kent County man and a 90-year-old New Castle County man died earlier this month. Both had multiple underlying health conditions.

The department says this month's deaths bring the number of people who died of flu in Delaware this season to five.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X