No announcement yet.

Delaware Influenza 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMWR Week 9 (February 28 ? March 5, 2016)

During Week 9, there were 197 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, which includes 14
    cases from an influenza outbreak at a New Castle County correctional facility. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received
    from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 1.03%, (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is
    3.5% (national baseline is 2.1%).

Delaware records first flu-related death
    Jen Rini, The News Journal 3:59 p.m. EDT March 18, 2016

What was projected as the slowest start to a flu season in five years has claimed its first fatality.

Delaware officials recorded 409 flu cases from just March 6 through March 12, and the state?s first flu-related death of the season was reported on Friday.

The state said an 88-year-old New Castle County man died of flu-related complications on March 14. Tests showed the man was infected with the influenza A virus and suffered from chronic health conditions.
    Delaware officials recorded 411 flu cases from just March 6 through March 12, and the state’s first flu-related death of the season was reported on Friday.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

MMWR Week 10 (March 6 - 12, 2016)

During Week 10, there were 409 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports
      of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is
      1.83%, (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 3.7% (national baseline is 2.1%).
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

State records two more flu-related deaths
        Jen Rini, The News Journal 5:29 p.m. EDT March 30, 2016

Two more people died from flu-related complications, the state said a release late Wednesday.

That makes three flu-related deaths so far this influenza season.

Most recently, a 58-year-old woman died after contracting the H1N1 influenza A virus, also known as swine flu, and a 69-year-old man infected with a nonspecific influenza A died. Both were New Castle County residents and had existing health conditions, the Delaware Division of Public Health said.
        Delaware's Division of Public Health (DPH) reported two more flu-related deaths for the 2015-2016 flu season, bringing the total to three.

MMWR Week 11 (March 13-19, 2016)

During Week 11 there were 306 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports of
        influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.92%,
        (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 3.2% (national baseline is 2.1%).

Comment

MMWR Week 12 (March 20-26, 2016)

During Week 12 there were 268 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports of
          influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 1.75%,
          (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 2.9% (national baseline is 2.1%).
          Table 3. Influenza-related deaths, Delaware 2015-16
          YTD: 3

Comment

Delaware Weekly Influenza Report
            MMWR Week 13 (March 27 ? April 2, 2016)
            Delaware Division of Public Health

During Week 13 there were 193 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports of
            influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.31%,
            (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 2.4% (national baseline is 2.1%).

Comment

MMWR Week 14 (April 3 - 9, 2016)

During Week 14 there were 132 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports of
              influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.52%,
              (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 2.1% (national baseline is 2.1%).

Comment

MMWR Week 15 (April 10 - 16, 2016)

During Week 15 there were 101 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports of
                influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.33%,
                (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 2.1% (national baseline is 2.1%).
                YTD: 4

Comment

MMWR Week 17 (April 24 - 30, 2016)
                  Delaware Division of Public Health

During Week 17 there were 88 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports
                  of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is
                  0.66%, (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 1.8% (national baseline is 2.1%).
                  YTD 6

Comment

Working...
                  X