Delaware Influenza 2015-2016 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware Influenza 2015-2016 Season

Link to 2014-15 thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...-26-fatalities
    Link to DPH weekly reports: http://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/ep...uenzawkly.html

Delaware Influenza Surveillance 2015-2016:
    During MMWR Week 45, there were no laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports of
    influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.18%,
    compared with the baseline of 1.8%. Nationally, ILI is 1.6% (national baseline is 2.1%).
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Delaware Weekly Influenza Report
    MMWR Week 47 (November 22-28, 2015)

During MMWR Week 47, there were no laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports of
    influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.26%,
    compared with the baseline of 1.8%. Nationally, ILI is 1.9% (national baseline is 2.1%).
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

MMWR Week 48 (November 2 - December 5, 2015)

During MMWR Week 48, there were three laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports
      of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.26%,
      compared with the baseline of 1.8%. Nationally, ILI is 1.8% (national baseline is 2.1%).

Comment

MMWR Week 49 (December 6-12, 2015)

During MMWR Week 49, there were no laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports of
        influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.13%,
        compared with the baseline of 1.8%. Nationally, ILI is 1.9% (national baseline is 2.1%).

Comment

MMWR Week 50 (December 13-19, 2015)

During MMWR Week 50, there were no laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports of
          influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.18%,
          compared with the baseline of 1.8%. Nationally, ILI is 2.2%, above the national baseline of 2.1%.

Comment

MMWR Week 51 (December 20-26, 2015)

During MMWR Week 51, there were three laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports
            of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.0%,
            (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 2.6%, above the national baseline of 2.1%.

Comment

MMWR Week 52 (December 27, 2015 ? January 2, 2016)

During MMWR Week 52, there were three laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports
              of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.25%,
              (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 2.8% (national baseline is 2.1%)

Comment

MMWR Week 1 (January 3 - 9, 2016)

During MMWR Week 1, there were four laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.31%, (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 2.0% (national baseline is 2.1%).

Comment

MMWR Week 2 (January 10 - 16, 2016)

During MMWR Week 2, there were two laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports of
                  influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.09%,
                  (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 2.1% (national baseline is 2.1%).

Comment

MMWR Week 3 (January 17 - 23, 2016)
                    Delaware Division of Public Health

During MMWR Week 3, there were three laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents. Reports
                    of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.11%,
                    (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 2.2% (national baseline is 2.1%).

Comment

MMWR Week 4 (January 24 - 30, 2016)

During MMWR Week 4, there were six laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, with a total
                      of 31 confirmed cases for the 2015-2016 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers,
                      facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.12%, (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 2.2% (national baseline is 2.1%)

Comment

MMWR Week 5 (January 31 ? February 6, 2016)

During MMWR Week 5, there were six laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, with a total
                        of 38 confirmed cases for the 2015-2016 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers,
                        facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.26%, (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 2.4% (national baseline is 2.1%).

Comment

MMWR Week 6 (February 7 ? 13, 2016)

During MMWR Week 6, there were 20 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, with a total
                          of 58 confirmed cases for the 2015-16 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers,
                          facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.06%, (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 3.1% (national baseline is 2.1%)

Comment

Flu Activity Peaking Late in Delaware, Public Health Officials Say: ?It?s Not too Late to Get your Flu Vaccine?
                            Date Posted: Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016
                            Categories: News Public Health

DOVER ? The Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH) is encouraging everyone who has not yet been vaccinated against the flu to do so as soon as possible. DPH is currently reporting 92 new lab-confirmed flu cases for the week ending Feb. 27, which is more than double the number of cases from the week before. The numbers, which officials say could grow even higher by week?s end, don?t include the cases identified at the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution (HRYCI).

At the beginning of February, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported seeing influenza activity increasing across the country, and had received reports of severe respiratory illness among young- to middle-aged adults with the Influenza A H1N1pdm09 virus. Most of these patients were reportedly unvaccinated, according to the CDC. In the past, the H1N1pdm09 virus infection has caused severe illness in some children and young- and middle-aged adults.
                            The Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH) is encouraging everyone who has not yet been vaccinated against the flu to do so as soon as possible. DPH is currently reporting 92 new lab-confirmed flu cases for the week ending Feb. 27, which is more than double the number of cases from the week before. The numbers, which officials say could grow even higher by week’s end, don’t include the cases identified at the Howard R. Young Correctional Institution (HRYCI).

Comment

MMWR Week 8 (February 21 ? 27, 2016)

During Week 8, there were 118 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, which includes 21 cases from an influenza outbreak at a New Castle County correctional facility. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 0.34%, (baseline is 1.8%). Nationally, ILI is 3.2% (national baseline is 2.1%).

Comment

Working...
                              X