Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu Stays Strong In State, Health Officials Say - 5 Deaths

Flu Now Widespread in Conn., 2 Deaths Reported

Two Connecticut residents have died and more than 100 others have been hospitalized after contracting the flu, which is now widespread in the state and still on the rise, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Conn. Dept. of Public Health.

more...

Two Connecticut residents have died and more than 100 others have been hospitalized after contracting the flu, which is now widespread in the state and still on the rise, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Conn. Dept. of Public Health.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Flu Now Widespread in Conn., 3 Deaths Reported

Flu cases on the rise; 3 deaths reported

HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) - Officials with the Connecticut Department of Public Health said influenza activity is continuing to rise, and the number of deaths associated the flu rose to three.

DPH officials said it utilizes multiple surveillance systems to monitor circulating flu viruses and said the flu continues to be "widespread."

Statewide, DPH officials said, 218 people have been hospitalized with the flu, and three people over the age of 45 years old have died as a result.

...more

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: Flu Stays Strong In State, Health Officials Say - 5 Deaths

Flu Stays Strong In State, Health Officials Say

The flu, which has sent 399 people to hospitals in the state this season, remains strong in Connecticut, state health officials said Thursday.

In the week ending Jan. 25, the most recent data available, 88 people were hospitalized with laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza, bringing the total for this flu season to 399.

Two people died of flu-related deaths in the week, bringing to five the total number of deaths this flu season, which began in October. William Gerrish, spokesman for the state Department of Public Health, said four of the five deaths were of people between the ages of 45 and 54, and one person between the ages of 75 and 84...

Comment

Working...
      X