Recent County Influenza Surveillance Reports - Total CA deaths - 81

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent County Influenza Surveillance Reports - Total CA deaths - 81

In California, some counties provide periodic influenza surveillance reports. The three with the highest numbers of deaths this season are LA County, San Diego County, and Orange County. This week LA County reported for the first time since Week 15 and the number increase from 20 to 27 fatalities, including one pediatric fatality. Both Orange and San Diego Counties reported deaths in April. During this same period, most of the flu indicators in California have decreased to baseline and other than these county reports, there would be no indication from the State Department of Health or the media that flu deaths in California are still occurring at a rate of probably 2 to 5 per week.

Here is a summary of total deaths per county based on the data I have. If anyone has any additional data from California, please either add it to this thread (along with a link) or send me a PM.

Contra Costa - 3
    Fresno - 1
    Kern - 1
    Los Angeles - 27
    Marin - 1
    Orange - 10
    Riverside - 1
    Sacramento - 1
    San Diego - 23
    San Joaquin - 3
    San Mateo - 1
    Santa Cruz - 2
    Stanislaus - 4
    Ventura - 2
    Yuba - 1
    Total - 81

Here is the link and a screen shot of the Orange County Report

Click image for larger version

Name:	Week 16 Orange County Eye on Influenza.png
Views:	1
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	665454

San Diego County

Name:	Week 18 San Diego County Influenza Watch.png
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	665452

LA County

Name:	Week 18 LA County Influenza Watch.png
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	665453
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X