Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas Influenza 2019-20; 96 fatalities, 3 pediatric

State Flu Page: https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/pro...pics/influenza
    Link to last year's thread: https://flutrackers.com/forum/forum/...es-2-pediatric

First Flu-Related Death Of The Season Reported In Arkansas
    POSTED 4:26 PM, OCTOBER 29, 2019, BY 5NEWS WEB STAFF, UPDATED AT 05:20PM, OCTOBER 29, 2019

ARKANSAS (KFSM) — The first flu-related death for the 2019-2020 flu season has been reported in Arkansas.

The Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) announced the first death on Tuesday (Oct. 29) in a news release. The victim's name, description or where they were from was not released.

The death comes as the ADH reports "sporadic" flu activity across the state with "minimal" intensity.
    https://5newsonline.com/2019/10/29/f...d-in-arkansas/
    Last edited by Ronan Kelly; December 28, 2019, 06:09 AM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

State reports 2nd flu-related death
    by Arkansas Democrat-Gazette | November 6, 2019 at 3:50 a.m.

FILE - In this Feb. 7, 2018 file photo, a nurse prepares a flu shot at the Salvation Army in Atlanta. The flu forecast is cloudy and it’s too soon to know if the U.S. is in for a third miserable season in a row, but health officials said Thursday, Sept. 26, 2019 not to delay vaccination. (AP Photo/David Goldman, File)
    A second person has died of the flu in Arkansas, the state Department of Health reported Tuesday.

The death was of a person age 46-64 and was reported to the state Thursday. The first flu death of the season, reported Oct. 25, was of a person in the same age group.
    A second person has died of the flu in Arkansas, the state Department of Health reported Tuesday.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

3rd Flu-Related Death Reported In Arkansas This Flu Season
      POSTED 2:10 PM, NOVEMBER 12, 2019, BY 5NEWS WEB STAFF, UPDATED AT 02:58PM, NOVEMBER 12, 2019

ARKANSAS (KFSM) — A third person has died from a flu-related death in Arkansas this 2019-20 flu season, according to the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH).

The victim’s name, description, or where they were from was not released.

Since September 29, 2019, 930 positive influenza tests have been reported to the ADH online database by health care providers, with over 180 positive tests reported this week.

Comment

4th Flu-Related Death Reported In Arkansas
        POSTED 4:19 PM, NOVEMBER 26, 2019, BY 5NEWS WEB STAFF, UPDATED AT 06:27PM, NOVEMBER 26, 2019

ARKANSAS (KFSM) — A fourth person has died from a flu-related death in Arkansas this 2019-20 flu season, according to the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH).

The victim's name, description, or where they were from was not released.

Since September 29, 2019, 1,558 positive influenza tests have been reported to the ADH online database by health care providers, with over 260 positive tests reported this week.

The ADH reports "local" flu activity across the state with "moderate" intensity for week 47.

Comment

Sixth flu-related death reported for state of Arkansas this flu season, ADH says
          Six people in the state of Arkansas have died due to flu-related illness during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to the Arkansas Department of Health.
          Author: THV11 Digital
          Published: 4:44 PM CST December 3, 2019
          Updated: 5:08 PM CST December 3, 2019
          LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Two more Arkansas families are mourning loved ones who died after they got the flu, the health department reports.

One middle-aged person and one elderly person have died, bringing this season's total to six. We won't know how much the flu spread during thanksgiving travel until next week's report.

The ADH is currently reporting flu activity across the state with a "moderate" intensity or a 7 out of 10.
          Six people in the state of Arkansas have died due to flu-related illness during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to the Arkansas Department of Health.

Comment

7th Flu-Related Death Reported In Arkansas
            POSTED 4:14 PM, DECEMBER 11, 2019, BY 5NEWS WEB STAFF, UPDATED AT 05:12PM, DECEMBER 11, 2019

ARKANSAS (KFSM) — Seven people have died due to flu-related illnesses in Arkansas this 2019-20 flu season, according to the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH).

The ADH does not release the victim’s name, description, or where they were from.

Since September 29, 2019, 2,400 positive influenza tests have been reported to the ADH online database by health care providers, with over 280 positive tests reported this week.

The ADH reports “regional” flu activity across the state with “high” intensity for week 49.

Comment

Flu death toll at 8, health agency says
              by Arkansas Democrat-Gazette | Today at 3:03 a.m.

One more flu death has been reported to the state Department of Health, bringing the death toll from the current flu season to eight amid an increase in reported illness in the state, the department said Thursday.

The latest death was of a person 65 or older. The other deaths in the state this season include three people age 65 or older, three age 45-64 and one age 25-44, according to the Health Department.
              One more flu death has been reported to the state Department of Health, bringing the death toll from the current flu season to eight amid an increase in reported illness in the state, the department said Thursday.

Comment

Arkansas Department of Health reports early widespread flu activity
                by Shelby RoseMonday, December 30th 2019
                With over 3,000 cases since September, there have been at least 10 flu deaths in the state.

The type of flu going around also isn't typical. Dillaha said, "Usually, influenza A is more common this time of year than influenza B, but we're seeing a lot of influenza b this time of year."
                Flu season is here and earlier than usual. The CDC reports there have been over 4. 6 million cases across the nation so far this season. "Across the US, we've seen a little bit of an early flu season," said Dr. Jennifer Dillaha with the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH). She says normally, the peak of the flu season hits around January, but there are now 25 states, Arkansas included, that are seeing the worst of it now.

Comment

Five More Die From Flu-Related Illnesses In Arkansas, Totaling 13 This Flu Season
                  POSTED 3:21 PM, JANUARY 2, 2020, BY 5NEWS WEB STAFF

(KFSM) — Five more people have died due to flu-related illnesses in Arkansas this flu season, totaling 13 so far, according to the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH).

The ADH does not release the victim’s name, description, or where they were from.

Since September 29, 2019, 5,800 positive influenza tests have been reported to the ADH online database by health care providers, with over 1,100 positive tests reported this week.

Outbreak Response/Epidemiology
                  Influenza Weekly Report
                  Arkansas 2019-2020
                  Week Ending Saturday 12/28/2019
                  Report Key Points:
                  • For Week 52, Arkansas reported “Widespread” activity to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
                  (CDC) for geographic spread of influenza, and “High” or 8 out of 10 for ILI intensity.
                  • Since September 29, 2019, 5,800 positive influenza tests have been reported to the ADH online database by
                  health care providers, with over 1,100 positive tests reported this week. Please note that reported cases
                  reflect only a portion of the actual numbers of flu cases in the state.
                  • Among flu antigen tests this season that can distinguish between influenza A and B virus types, 49 percent
                  were influenza A, and 51 percent were influenza B.
                  • There were 192 positive PCR flu tests from private labs this week: 96 tested positive for influenza A, 95
                  tested positive for influenza B, and 1 positive for both A and B. At the ADH lab, 2 samples tested negative
                  for influenza this week.
                  • About 6.2 percent of patients visiting emergency rooms this week were there for ILI (Syndromic
                  Surveillance). About 4.5 percent of outpatient visits were for ILI (ILINet sentinel providers).
                  • No school absenteeism rate last week among public schools due to the holidays.
                  • To date, 13 influenza-related deaths have been reported in Arkansas this flu season. CDC has reported a
                  total of 22 pediatric deaths nationwide this season.
                  • To date, one nursing home in Arkansas has reported influenza outbreak.
                  • Nationally, the proportion of deaths reported to the National Center for Health Statistics attributed to
                  pneumonia and influenza (P&I) was below the epidemic threshold this week.
                  • For Week 51, the geographic spread of influenza was reported as widespread in 39 states and regional in 9
                  states; the District of Columbia and 2 states reported local activity; the U.S. Virgin Islands reported sporadic
                  activity; Guam and Puerto Rico did not report.
                  • You can report flu year-round and view the weekly influenza report during the influenza season at:
                  http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/prog.../influenza.You can also access the reporting
                  website directly at: https://FluReport.ADH.Arkansas.gov.

Comment

Flu-related deaths in Arkansas rise to 15
                    by Scott CarrollTuesday, January 7th 2020

LITTLE ROCK (KATV) — The number of flu-related deaths in Arkansas this season has increased to 15, state health officials reported Tuesday.

The Department of Health said none of the dead were children. Nine were older than 65. Four were between the ages of 45 and 64. Two were between the ages of 25 and 44.

Arkansas reported widespread flu activity for the week ending Dec. 28.
                    The number of flu-related deaths in Arkansas this season has increased to 15, state health officials reported Tuesday. The Department of Health said none of the dead were children. Nine were older than 65. Four were between the ages of 45 and 64. Two were between the ages of 25 and 44. Arkansas reported widespread flu activity for the week ending Dec. 28.

Comment

Week Ending Saturday 01/04/2020

Report Key Points:
                      • For Week 1, Arkansas reported “Widespread” activity to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
                      (CDC) for geographic spread of influenza, and “High” or 8 out of 10 for ILI intensity.
                      • Since September 29, 2019, 7,200 positive influenza tests have been reported to the ADH online database by
                      health care providers, with over 850 positive tests reported this week. Please note that reported cases
                      • Among flu antigen tests this season that can distinguish between influenza A and B virus types, 48 percent
                      were influenza A, and 52 percent were influenza B.
                      • There were 155 positive PCR flu tests from private labs this week: 76 tested positive for influenza A, 79
                      tested positive for influenza B. At the ADH lab, 2 samples tested positive for influenza A, Subtype H1N1,
                      and 1 sample tested negative for influenza this week.
                      • About 5.0 percent of patients visiting emergency rooms this week were there for ILI (Syndromic
                      Surveillance). About 4.2 percent of outpatient visits were for ILI (ILINet sentinel providers).
                      • No school absenteeism rate last week among public schools due to the holidays.
                      • To date, 15 influenza-related deaths have been reported in Arkansas this flu season, none of them were
                      pediatric. CDC estimates a total of 2,900 flu deaths have occurred nationwide including 27 pediatric deaths
                      reported this season.
                      • To date, one nursing home in Arkansas has reported influenza outbreak.
                      • Nationally, the proportion of deaths reported to the National Center for Health Statistics attributed to
                      • For Week 52, the geographic spread of influenza was reported as widespread in Puerto Rico and 45 states
                      and regional in 4 states; the District of Columbia and 1 state reported local activity; the U.S. Virgin Islands
                      reported sporadic activity; and Guam did not report.
                      • You can report flu year-round and view the weekly influenza report during the influenza season at:
                      http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/prog.../influenza.You can also access the reporting

Comment

8 flu deaths reported in week; child's passing is first of season
                        by Andy Davis | Today at 3:53 a.m.

Eight more flu deaths in Arkansas were reported in the past week, including the first death of a child from the illness during the current season, the state Department of Health said Tuesday.

The latest deaths raised the toll from the current flu season to 23.

The child, whose death was reported Monday, was between age 5 and 18.
                        Eight more flu deaths in Arkansas were reported in the past week, including the first death of a child from the illness during the current season, the state Department of Health said Tuesday.

Comment

Report Key Points:
                          • For Week 2, Arkansas reported “Widespread” activity to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
                          (CDC) for geographic spread of influenza, and “High” or 9 out of 10 for ILI intensity.
                          • Since September 29, 2019, 8,800 positive influenza tests have been reported to the ADH online database by
                          health care providers, with over 1,100 positive tests reported this week. Please note that reported cases
                          • Among flu antigen tests this season that can distinguish between influenza A and B virus types, 48 percent
                          • There were 298 positive PCR flu tests from private labs this week: 163 tested positive for influenza A, 135
                          tested positive for influenza B. At the ADH lab, 5 samples tested positive for influenza A Subtype H1N1, 2
                          samples tested positive for influenza B Subtype Victoria, and 5 samples tested negative for influenza this
                          week.
                          • About 4.1 percent of patients visiting emergency rooms this week were there for ILI (Syndromic
                          Surveillance). About 4.0 percent of outpatient visits were for ILI (ILINet sentinel providers).
                          • The average school absenteeism rate last week was 5.4 percent among public schools.
                          • To date, 23 influenza-related deaths have been reported in Arkansas this flu season, one of them was a
                          pediatric death. CDC estimates a total of 4,800 flu deaths have occurred nationwide including 32 pediatric
                          deaths reported this season.
                          • To date, 2 nursing homes in Arkansas have reported influenza outbreaks.
                          • For Week 1, the geographic spread of influenza was reported as widespread in Puerto Rico and 46 states and
                          regional in 3 states. the District of Columbia and 1 state reported local activity, the U.S. Virgin Islands
                          reported sporadic activity, and Guam did not report.
                          The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat, and lungs.

Comment

Week Ending Saturday 01/18/2020

Report Key Points:
                            • For Week 3, Arkansas reported “Widespread” activity to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
                            (CDC) for geographic spread of influenza, and “High” or 10 out of 10 for ILI intensity.
                            • Since September 29, 2019, 10,700 positive influenza tests have been reported to the ADH online database
                            by health care providers, with over 1,400 positive tests reported this week. Please note that reported cases
                            • Among flu antigen tests this season that can distinguish between influenza A and B virus types, 47 percent
                            were influenza A, and 53 percent were influenza B.
                            • There were 307 positive PCR flu tests from private labs this week: 131 tested positive for influenza A, 175
                            tested positive for influenza B, and 1 tested positive for both A and B. At the ADH lab, 4 samples tested
                            positive for influenza A Subtype H1N1, 6 samples tested positive for influenza B Subtype Victoria, and 1
                            sample tested negative for influenza this week.
                            • About 4.6 percent of patients visiting emergency rooms this week were there for ILI (Syndromic
                            Surveillance). About 5.1 percent of outpatient visits were for ILI (ILINet sentinel providers).
                            • The average school absenteeism rate last week was 6.2 percent among public schools. As of January 21,
                            2020, ADH is aware that 2 schools closed briefly due to the flu this season.
                            • To date, 27 influenza-related deaths have been reported in Arkansas this flu season, one of them was a
                            pediatric death. CDC estimates a total of 6,600 flu deaths have occurred nationwide including 39 pediatric
                            • Since September 29, 2019, 4 facilities including 2 nursing homes have reported influenza outbreaks.
                            pneumonia and influenza (P&I) increased but remains below the epidemic threshold this week.
                            • For Week 2, the geographic spread of influenza was reported as widespread in Puerto Rico and 48 states,
                            and regional in 1 state. The District of Columbia and 1 state reported local activity, the U.S. Virgin Islands

Comment

Report Key Points:
                              • For Week 4, Arkansas reported “Widespread” activity to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
                              (CDC) for geographic spread of influenza, and “High” or 10 out of 10 for ILI intensity.
                              • Since September 29, 2019, 13,200 positive influenza tests have been reported to the ADH online database
                              by health care providers, with over 1,900 positive tests reported this week. Please note that reported cases
                              • There were 420 positive PCR flu tests from private labs this week: 230 tested positive for influenza A, 189
                              tested positive for influenza B, and 1 tested positive for both A and B. At the ADH lab, 18 samples tested
                              positive for influenza A Subtype H1N1, and 4 samples tested positive for influenza B Subtype Victoria; no
                              sample tested negative for influenza this week.
                              • About 5.6 percent of patients visiting emergency rooms this week were there for ILI (Syndromic
                              Surveillance). About 5.3 percent of outpatient visits were for ILI (ILINet sentinel providers).
                              • The average school absenteeism rate last week was 7.4 percent among public schools. As of January 28,
                              2020, ADH is aware that 4 schools/districts closed briefly due to the flu this season.
                              • To date, 33 influenza-related deaths have been reported in Arkansas this flu season, one of them was a
                              pediatric death. CDC estimates a total of 8,200 flu deaths have occurred nationwide including 54 pediatric
                              • Since September 29, 2019, 4 facilities including 2 nursing homes have reported influenza outbreaks.
                              pneumonia and influenza (P&I) decreased and remains below the epidemic threshold this week.
                              • For Week 3, the geographic spread of influenza was reported as widespread in Puerto Rico and 48 states,
                              and regional in 1 state. The District of Columbia and 1 state reported local activity, the U.S. Virgin Islands

Comment

Working...
                              X