X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas Influenza 2017-18; 227 fatalities

Four more flu deaths reported in Arkansas; season's total at 12
    By Rachel Herzog

This article was published December 28, 2017 at 3:45 p.m.

Four flu deaths were reported to the Arkansas Department of Health in the last two weeks, bringing the total deaths in the state during this year's flu season to 12.

All the people who died have been 65 or older, Arkansas Department of Health spokesman Meg Mirivel said.
    http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...=news-arkansas
    Last edited by JimO; January 19, 2018, 10:38 AM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Arkansas' flu deaths climb to 28
    Health agency unsure if early-starting season has peaked
    By Andy Davis

Posted: January 4, 2018 at 3:18 a.m.

An additional 16 flu-related deaths were reported to the state last week, raising the total death toll from the current flu season to 28, the Arkansas Department of Health reported.

State epidemiologist Dirk Haselow said the season, which started earlier than usual, appears to be on track to be the worst in the state since at least 2014-15.
    An additional 16 flu-related deaths were reported to the state last week, raising the total death toll from the current flu season to 28, the Arkansas Department of Health reported.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Outbreak Response/Epidemiology
      Influenza Weekly Report
      Arkansas 2017-2018
      Week Ending Saturday 01/06/2018
      To date, 36 influenza-related deaths have been reported in Arkansas this flu season among adult persons. No
      pediatric death has been reported in Arkansas this flu season.

Child dies from flu in Arkansas, state agency confirms
      By Rachel Herzog

This article was published today at 6:02 p.m.

The Arkansas Department of Health on Wednesday confirmed the season's first pediatric flu death.

There have been at least 36 influenza-related deaths in Arkansas this flu season, according to a report from the department dated Jan. 6.

Of those, 31 were people 65 and older, and five were between 45 and 64 years old, the data show.

Read Thursday's Arkansas Democrat-Gazette for full details.

Comment

Flu cases rise in Arkansas after previous drop-off; 13 more deaths, including one child, reported in state

The flu-related deaths of 13 more people, including one child, were reported to the state last week, raising the state's death toll this flu season to 49, the state Department of Health reported Wednesday.

The child, who was listed as being between ages 5 and 18, was the state's first pediatric death of this flu season.

After dipping a week earlier, doctor-office visits by patients with flu-like symptoms rose, although not to the level of late December. Emergency room visits by people with flu-like symptoms fell from the week before, but made up a slightly larger percentage of emergency visits to hospitals.

"While we appear to have peaked, we've not seen a consistent downturn in cases at this point," said Gary Wheeler, the Health Department's chief medical officer. "We're still in the thick of flu season, basically."
        The flu-related deaths of 13 more people, including one child, were reported to the state last week, raising the state's death toll this flu season to 49, the state Department of Health reported Wednesday.
        "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

8-Year-Old Boy With Autism Just Died From the Flu -- Despite Getting the Flu Shot
          Lauren Levy
          LAUREN LEVY4 hours ago
          Tyler Dannaway of Little Rock, Arkansas, was just 8 years old when he passed away from the flu on Tuesday. In total, 30 children have died nationwide from influenza so far this season, and Tyler was the first pediatric flu death reported to the Arkansas Department of Health this year, according to KARK.

Comment

70 flu deaths reported in Arkansas this season

This flu season continues to see a higher rate of death than previous years.

KTHV 10:11 PM. CST January 23, 2018

Video report: http://www.thv11.com/news/health/70-...ason/511042624

Comment

Arkansas is reporting 94 flu-related deaths, including one child, through Week 4.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AR.PNG
Views:	229
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	789408
              The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat, and lungs.
              "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Arkansas is reporting 94 flu-related deaths, including 2 children, through Week 4.
                The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat, and lungs.

Comment

Flu Deaths Continue to Rise in AR
                  Posted: Feb 05, 2018 12:33 PM CST

Updated: Feb 05, 2018 12:33 PM CST

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - As of Monday morning, the number of flu related deaths has increased to 122, up from the 94 deaths reported last week.

Health officials say the season still hasn't peaked.

Comment

Three More Reported Flu Deaths In Arkansas Raising Total To 125
                    By COLTON FAULL ? 12 HOURS AGO

As of Tuesday afternoon, the number of flu-related deaths in Arkansas is now up to 125 according to the state Department of Health. It's the worst flu season for the state in two decades.

Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Gary Wheeler, estimates there another four to six weeks left of epidemic flu levels.
                    As of Tuesday afternoon, the number of flu-related deaths in Arkansas is now up to 125 according to the state Department of Health. It's the worst flu…

Comment

15 more flu deaths reported in state; toll now at 140

By Andy Davis

This article was published today at 2:16 p.m.

Fifteen more flu deaths were reported in Arkansas in the past week, bringing this season's death toll to 140, the state Department of Health said.

According to a report from the agency, flu-related emergency room visits and doctor?s office visits remain high.

State Epidemiologist Dirk Haselow added that reports of influenza B were more common than influenza A, which includes the H3N2 strain that has dominated the current flu season.
                      Fifteen more flu deaths were reported in Arkansas in the past week, bringing this season's death toll to 140, according to the state Department of Health.

Comment

19 flu deaths push state's total to 159 in dismal season
                        But symptom visits to doctors, ERs fall in week, a sign worst may be over
                        By Andy Davis

This article was published today at 4:08 a.m. Updated today at 4:08 a.m.

Nineteen more flu-related deaths were reported to the state in the past week, bringing the death toll from the current flu season to 159, the state Department of Health reported.

The department also reported that doctor's office and emergency room visits by patients with flu-like symptoms declined last week, providing health officials with hope that the worst of the flu season -- the state's deadliest in at least 17 years -- has passed.

After rising for five straight weeks, the percentage of emergency room visits that were by patients with flu-like symptoms dropped during the week that ended Saturday to 7.6 percent, from 8.8 percent the previous week, according to a Health Department report.
                        Nineteen more flu-related deaths were reported to the state in the past week, bringing the death toll from the current flu season to 159, the state Department of Health reported.

Comment

20 more flu-related deaths raise state's total this season to 179

By Andy Davis

This article was published today at 3:48 a.m. Updated today at 3:48 a.m.

An additional 20 flu-related deaths in Arkansas were reported in the past week, raising the state's total deaths from the current flu season to 179.

Meanwhile, the number of new cases continues to decline, according to information reported by doctors and hospitals to the state Department of Health.

"We feel confident that we've hit the peak, and we're on the downhill side," said Jennifer Dillaha, medical director for the Health Department's immunization program. "We certainly hope that's true."
                          An additional 20 flu-related deaths in Arkansas were reported in the past week, raising the state's total deaths from the current flu season to 179.

Comment

State's flu deaths rise to 184

Arkansas? deadliest season expected to end in 5 weeks
                            By Andy Davis

This article was published today at 3:27 a.m.

The flu-related deaths of five more Arkansans, including two children under 19, were reported to the state Department of Health in the past week, raising the total death toll from this year's flu season to 184.

Meanwhile, information reported by doctor's offices and hospitals indicated the number of new cases continued declining.

State Epidemiologist Dirk Haselow said it appears the state's flu season peaked in early February.
                            The flu-related deaths of five more Arkansans, including two children under 19, were reported to the state Department of Health in the past week, raising the total death toll from this year's flu season to 184.

ADH: Five pediatric flu deaths reported in Arkansas
                            by KATVTuesday, March 6th 2018

Since October 1, 2017, the department said there had been more than 180 flu-related deaths in Arkansas. (MGN Photo)

LITTLE ROCK (KATV) — The Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) confirmed to KATV another pediatric death involving the flu, bringing the total number of flu-related deaths involving children in the state up to five.

Since October 1, 2017, the department said there had been more than 180 flu-related deaths in Arkansas.
                            http://katv.com/news/local/six-pedia...ed-in-arkansas

Comment

Flu Deaths in Arkansas Rise by 13, Approach 200 for Season

March 14, 2018, at 9:13 a.m.

The state Department of Health reports 197 people have died as a result of the illness, the most since the department began tracking the deaths in 2000.

The previous record of 110 deaths was recorded during the 2014-15 season.

Comment

Working...
                              X