Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu Deaths Have Reached 48 People in Arkansas

Update: Flu deaths have reached 35 people in Arkansas

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - The number of flu deaths continue to increase in Arkansas.

On February 3, THV11 learned that 35 people have now died of influenza in Arkansas, according to Kerry Krell with the Dept. of Health. Eighteen of those people have been between the ages of 25 and 64...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Flu Deaths Have Reached 36 People in Arkansas

Flu Deaths Have Reached 36 People in Arkansas

The number of flu deaths continue to increase in Arkansas.

As of Feb. 5, 36 people have now died of influenza in Arkansas, according to Kerry Krell with the Dept. of Health. Eighteen of those people have been between the ages of 25 and 64...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: Flu Deaths Have Reached 36 People in Arkansas

39 flu deaths reported

Arkansas Department of Health reported another death from influenza Thursday, bringing the total in the state to 39 this season.

Of the 39, 27 reported deaths are between ages 25 and 64, according to department spokeswoman Kerri Krell.

Krell said the age group is particularly susceptible to this season?s primary flu strain, H1N1.

The age group is also one that has not been the target demographic for free flu shot clinics and awareness efforts.

Elderly, health care workers, pregnant women and the very young have been encouraged by the health department to receive the vaccine, available in nasal mist and shot form.

People ages 25 to 64 are generally more healthy, Krell said, and have well-developed immune systems.

Comment

Re: Flu Deaths Have Reached 39 People in Arkansas

Update: Flu deaths have reached 48 people in Arkansas

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - The number of flu deaths continue to increase in Arkansas.

On February 18, THV11 learned that 48 people have now died of influenza in Arkansas, according to Kerry Krell with the Dept. of Health. At least 18 of those people have been between the ages of 25 and 64, and two thirds of the deaths have occurred in previously healthy people...

Comment

Working...
        X