Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILI in Minnesota Schools

Source: http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/i...ats/index.html

The first chart shows this season. The second chart shows the past two flu seasons. Note that the vertical axes aren't on the same scale!

Click image for larger version

Name:	MN School ILI Week 41.gif
Views:	1
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	664679

Click image for larger version

Name:	MN %ILI 2007-09.gif
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	664680
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: ILI in Minnesota Schools

Last week I received an email update from our Minnesota School District saying 10% of the student body was absent (but it wasn't all ILI) and school was staying open, see quote below.

"...regardless of absenteeism rates .... As long as we have the staff to effectively provide educational programming for your child, school will remain open."

Amazing how the "no child left behind" impacts prudent, social distancing decisions. I guess "no child left behind" means "no-child-left-behind-without-a-not-mandatory (yet)-but-highly-recommended-soon-to-be-adjuvanted-H1N1-vaccination-which-you-don't-need-because-you-have-already-been-exposed-at-school-and-gotten-sick!" Augh!

Comment

Re: ILI in Minnesota Schools

NurseNalts, protecting the children should be society's greatest concern. So far, the frustration with protection measures is only occurring at the family level. But if the severity increases and or the number of pediatric deaths grows dramatically, the frustration levels will begin to coalesce and families will organize themselves into powerful vocal groups demanding vaccines and school closures.

I hope that the decision makers and policy administrators are paying close attention to the rising levels of frustration that we are seeing here at FT.
      http://novel-infectious-diseases.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
      X