Update On Rapper Heavy D: Flu Like Symptoms Before Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update On Rapper Heavy D: Flu Like Symptoms Before Death

Many are still mourning the death of Heavy D, a hip hop legend. Dwight Arrington Myers, 44, passed away yesterday in Los Angeles, California. More details are emerging in the untimely death of the rap legend.

Initial details stated Heavy D returned home from shopping around 11:25am PST when a neighbor observed him holding on to the staircase. Heavy D was fully conscious stating he was having trouble breathing, a 911 call was placed. He was rushed to Cedars Sinai Medical Center but was pronounced dead at 1pm PST.

Re: Update On Rapper Heavy D: Flu Like Symptoms Before Death

Heavy D Complained Of 'Flu-Like' Symptoms Day Before Death
    By Alicia Adejobi

The legendary hip-hop rapper collapsed outside his Beverly Hills home on Tuesday morning and was rushed to hospital where he sadly passed away two hours later. Shortly after news of his death broke, law enforcements revealed that he had pneumonia which caused his death.

Now, Ed Winter of the Los Angeles County Coroner office has revealed to Daily News that Heavy had visited a doctor complaining of having a flu. "He had gone to the doctor the day before," he said.

"He had what appeared to be flu-like symptoms. He said he had a touch of pneumonia, maybe from travelling. He just got back from England."

Heavy was conscious when he arrived at the Cedars-Sinai Hospital in L.A. but was pronounced dead at 1pm.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: Update On Rapper Heavy D: Flu Like Symptoms Before Death

Heavy D?s sudden death at 44: did his obesity play a role?

Rap star Heavy D died Tuesday at age 44 from what looked to be a ?touch of pneumonia,? according to his cousin, which had been diagnosed by a doctor the day before he collapsed in front of his Beverly Hills home. ?He had what appeared to be like flu-like symptoms,? Ed Winter, from the Los Angeles County Coroner?s Office, told the New York Daily News. ?He was taking medication, so we want to see what the levels were.?

Although the autopsy of Heavy D, whose real name was Dwight Arrington Myers, was completed on Wednesday, the coroner?s office declined to release a cause of death until a toxicology report had been completed.

Heavy D?s excessive body weight, however, most likely played a role in his early death. Weighing in at 344 pounds when he died, Heavy D was morbidly obese, which made him more susceptible to a host of health problems -- not just the likely culprits such as heart disease, diabetes, and liver disease.

If pneumonia does indeed turn out to be the rapper?s cause of death, obesity would have to be listed as a contributor, according to Dr. Benjamin Suratt, associate division chief of pulmonary and critical care medicine at the University of Vermont/Fletcher Allen Health Care hospital. ?We really do believe obesity makes people do worse with lung diseases,? he said, ?and we?re now sorting out why that is.?

Rap star Heavy D died Tuesday at age 44 from what looked to be a “touch of pneumonia,” according to his cousin, which had been diagnosed by a doctor the day before. Heavy D’s excessive body weight, however, most likely played a role in his early death. A University of Vermont researcher explains.

Comment

Working...
      X