Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA FluView Reports - Week 48 (2009) - Week 20 (2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA FluView Reports - Week 48 (2009) - Week 20 (2010)

18 Influenza-associated pediatric mortality: NY (1), IN (1), VA (1), LA (2), CA (8), MS (1), OK (1), TX (2), WV (1)

Re: Influenza-associated pediatric mortality--Week 43

Bringing the total number of influenza associated pediatric fatalities in 2009 to 210.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Influenza-associated pediatric mortality--Week 43

"Since April 26, 2009, a total of 129 influenza-associated pediatric deaths associated with 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus infection have been reported. Since August 30, 2009, a total of 85 influenza-associated pediatric deaths occurring during the 2009--10 influenza season have been reported. A total of 124 influenza-associated pediatric death occurring during the 2008-09 influenza season have been reported."

Comment

USA FluView Reports - Week 48 (2009) - Week 20 (2010)

"Synopsis:

During week 48 (November 29-December 5, 2009), influenza activity continued to decrease in the U.S

* 478 (8.9%) specimens tested by U.S. World Health Organization (WHO) and National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) collaborating laboratories and reported to CDC/Influenza Division were positive for influenza.
        * Over 99% of all subtyped influenza A viruses being reported to CDC were 2009 influenza A (H1N1) viruses.
        * The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) was above the epidemic threshold for the tenth consecutive week.
        * Sixteen influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported. Thirteen of these deaths were associated with 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus infection, two were associated with an influenza A virus for which the subtype was undetermined, and one was associated with an influenza B virus infection.
        * The proportion of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) was 2.7% which is above the national baseline of 2.3%. Six of the 10 regions reported ILI at or above region-specific baseline levels. Regions 3, 6, 8 and 10 reported ILI below their region specific baselines.
        * Fourteen states reported geographically widespread influenza activity, Puerto Rico and 25 states reported regional influenza activity, the District of Columbia and seven states reported local influenza activity, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and four states reported sporadic influenza activity.

During week 48, seasonal influenza A (H1N1) and influenza B viruses co-circulated at low levels with 2009 influenza A (H1N1) viruses. Over 99% of all subtyped influenza A viruses reported to CDC this week were 2009 influenza A (H1N1) viruses.

During week 48, 7.8% of all deaths reported through the 122-Cities Mortality Reporting System were due to P&I. This percentage was above the epidemic threshold of 7.1% for week 48. Including week 48, P&I mortality has been above threshold for 10 consecutive weeks.

Sixteen influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported to CDC during week 48 (Alabama, Arizona [2], California [3], Colorado, Minnesota [4], Missouri [2], New Mexico, North Carolina, and Virginia). Thirteen of these deaths were associated with 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus infection, two were associated with an influenza A virus for which the subtype is undetermined, and one was associated with an influenza B virus infection. The deaths reported during week 48 occurred between August 9 and December 5, 2009."
        Learn more about the weekly influenza surveillance report (FluView) prepared by the Influenza Division.
        Last edited by Missouriwatcher; May 28, 2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Re: CDC Week 48

falls like a stone. Faster than it did rise.
          So similar curves: New Zealand,Hongkong,Netherlands,Argentina...
          It can't be the weather.
          What is it, that makes the waves end abruptly but still allows another wave
          some months later {some short-term immunity !?!}
          Deaths are still high, there is usualy a delay in the deaths-curve

I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
          my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Comment

Re: CDC Week 48

Click image for larger version

Name:	ped fat.gif
Views:	1
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	651718

CDC estimated number of children killed by influenza up to Nov 14: 1,090
            This included 550 pediatric fatalities between Oct 17 and Nov 14.
            138 children each week.

This is Dec 11, a reasonable estimate of pediatric fatalities at this time is 1,650.
            The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Weekly Flu Report Week 49

During week 49 (December 6-12, 2009), influenza activity continued to decrease in the U.S.

* 391 (6.9%) specimens tested by U.S. World Health Organization (WHO) and National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) collaborating laboratories and reported to CDC/Influenza Division were positive for influenza.
              * Over 99% of all subtyped influenza A viruses being reported to CDC were 2009 influenza A (H1N1) viruses.
              * The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) was above the epidemic threshold for the eleventh consecutive week.
              * Nine influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported. Eight of these deaths were associated with 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus infection and one was associated with an influenza A virus for which the subtype was undetermined.
              * The proportion of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) was 2.6% which is above the national baseline of 2.3%. Five of the 10 regions reported ILI at or above region-specific baseline levels. Regions 3, 6, 7, 8 and 10 reported ILI below their region specific baselines.
              * Eleven states reported geographically widespread influenza activity, 20 states reported regional influenza activity, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and 11 states reported local influenza activity, the U.S. Virgin Islands and eight states reported sporadic influenza activity, and Guam reported no influenza activity
              Learn more about the weekly influenza surveillance report (FluView) prepared by the Influenza Division.

Comment

Re: Weekly Flu Report Week 49

Six hundred ten (99.7&#37 of 612 2009 influenza A (H1N1) viruses tested are related to the A/California/07/2009 (H1N1) reference virus selected by WHO as the 2009 H1N1 vaccine virus and two viruses (0.3%) tested showed a reduced titer with antiserum produced against A/California/07/2009

That's up one from last week.

Comment

Fluview--

Combined weeks

Comment

Re: 9 Pediatric Deaths--Week 50

%P&I has dropped again to 7.2%, tied with 2003 as the highest week 50 in the past 10 years.
                    Not reporting: Charlotte NC, Camden NJ, Chicago IL, Detroit MI, Fort Worth TX, New Orleans LA, Phoenix AZ, Pasadena CA, San Diego CA.

%P&I for the past 3 years:

Name:	P&I 3 yr.JPG
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	651781

%P&I weeks 35-50, 2000-2009:

Name:	P&I 10 yr.JPG
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	651782

Comment

CDC Week 52 fluview

3 of 10 regions are going up again
                      Attached Files

Comment

CDC Week 50

"Synopsis:

During week 50 (December 13-19, 2009), influenza activity continued to decrease in the U.S.

* 306 (6.9%) specimens tested by U.S. World Health Organization (WHO) and National Respiratory and Enteric Virus Surveillance System (NREVSS) collaborating laboratories and reported to CDC/Influenza Division were positive for influenza.
                        * All subtyped influenza A viruses being reported to CDC were 2009 influenza A (H1N1) viruses.
                        * The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) was below the epidemic threshold.
                        * Nine influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported. Eight of these deaths were associated with 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus infection and one was associated with an influenza A virus for which the subtype was undetermined.
                        * The proportion of outpatient visits for influenza-like illness (ILI) was 2.3% which is at the national baseline of 2.3%. Seven of the 10 regions (1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10) reported ILI below region-specific baseline levels.
                        * Seven states reported geographically widespread influenza activity, 18 states reported regional influenza activity, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and 13 states reported local influenza activity, the U.S. Virgin Islands and 11 states reported sporadic influenza activity, Guam and one state reported no influenza activity.

During week 50, 7.2% of all deaths reported through the 122-Cities Mortality Reporting System were due to P&I. This percentage was below the epidemic threshold of 7.3% for week 50.

Nine influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported to CDC during week 50 (Iowa [3], New Jersey, New York [2], Ohio, South Carolina, and West Virginia). Eight of these deaths were associated with 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus infection and one was associated with an influenza A virus for which the subtype is undetermined. The deaths reported during week 50 occurred between October 11 and December 12, 2009."

Comment

Re: CDC Week 50

92 viruses tested for H274Y last week. Two viruses positive. That's 2.2% of tested samples.

Comment

Proportion of Emergency Department Visits For Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) per Week:

More specifically, within those regions, 9 are going up. And it also appears that AZ,MN and GA have a trend upwards, even though they are listed as stable.

Comment

it seems to go up again, see the ISDS charts, also NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X