Volunteers Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteers Needed

I cannot help but wonder what they hope to inject in people within two days?

http://www.wvva.com/News/index.php?ID=3051
    <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Volunteers Needed</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width=250 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=110></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The volunteers would be used to help during possible flu pandemic outbreaks or other large health disasters.

Brenda Donithan with the Mercer County Health Department says they need any health professional such as nurses, doctors, and pharmacists.

Donithan also says social workers, clergy and anyone who could assist with transportation or setting up medication dispensing sites would be welcomed.

Donithan says, "Volunteers will be so important to us because we are so short staffed as it is and you would need such mass numbers and we would be responsible for medicating all of Mercer County in 48 hours."

Donithan adds that all volunteers would be trained for their specific job and you can call the Mercer County Health Department at 324-8841 for more information.

Updated: June 15, 2006, 2:25 pm
    E-mail This Story Print This Story

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Please do not ask me for medical advice, I am not a medical doctor.

Avatar is a painting by Alan Pollack, titled, "Plague". I'm sure it was an accident that the plague girl happened to look almost like my twin.
    Thank you,
    Shannon Bennett
Working...
X