• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swine Flu at South Fargo High?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32791897
    By staff
    KVLY-TV
    updated 11:20 p.m. CT, Thurs., Sept . 10, 2009<SCRIPT language=javascript> function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,((''.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true ));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633882396210000000');</SCRIPT>

The phones are busy at one school, as concerned parents call in about a possible h1n1 or swine <NOBR style="COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_0_0>flu</NOBR> outbreak.

A number of students at Fargo South High School have gone home sick recently. No one knows exactly what they have, but their illnesses are being looked into.

The school nurse says it's common for illness absences to spike after the start of the school year. she says based on the students' symptoms, it could be strep throat, because many are complaining of sore throat.

Karen Peterson, Fargo South school nurse 9:33:27 ?with the flu, we hear the kids saying things like, not just a sore throat, but just coming in not feeling quite right. i feel achy, i have a headache, or i feel feverish.?

The school is holding a combination <NOBR style="COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_4_0>H1N1</NOBR> and seasonal flu shot vaccine for both for staff and their spouses in October. They're sending students to the seven-day clinic for their shots.

Good news about the new H1N1 or swine flu <NOBR style="COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_5_0>vaccine</NOBR>. It looks like adults need only one, instead of two swine flu shots.

Both American and Australian researchers have found most adults should be protected with one dose, and it takes effect in eight to 10 days. the verdict is still out, though, on children and the vaccine.

Health experts are still urging people to get the regular, seasonal flu shot, as well, which are available now. the swine flu vaccine won't be out until October.
Working...
X