Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Bernardino County Official - No prompt report of deaths so not to panic the public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Bernardino County Official - No prompt report of deaths so not to panic the public

Source: http://www.inlandnewstoday.com/story.php?s=9961

Swine flu deaths mount, health official urges calm

SAN BERNARDINO ? County Health Director Dr. Maxwell Ohikhuare says there will not be prompt reporting of Swine flu deaths so as not to ?panic? the public.

Two deaths have occurred in the county in recent weeks including that of a teenage boy.

Dr. Ohikhuare says the rate of people being infected has not eased this summer as health officials had hoped.

?We?re still seeing a rash of outbreaks of the H1N1 within the county, the state and across the country.?

San Bernardino County health officials say they will report the number of Swine flu cases ?only as needed.?

Hmmmmmm...
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: San Bernardino County Official - No prompt report of deaths so not to panic the public

Originally posted by JimO View Post
    Source: http://www.inlandnewstoday.com/story.php?s=9961San Bernardino County health officials say they will report the number of Swine flu cases ?only as needed.? Hmmmmmm...

Perhaps FOIA advocate would find this to be an opportune moment.

Disconcerting. However, actually begs the question as to amount/ type of information that has been presented, to date, on "a need to know" basis.

Comment

Re: San Bernardino County Official - No prompt report of deaths so not to panic the public

Swine flu deaths mount, health official urges calm

SAN BERNARDINO – County Health Director Dr. Maxwell Ohikhuare says there will not be prompt reporting of Swine flu deaths so as not to “panic” the public.
      Two deaths have occurred in the county in recent weeks including that of a teenage boy.Dr. Ohikhuare says the rate of people being infected has not eased this summer as health officials had hoped.“We’re still seeing a rash of outbreaks of the H1N1 within the county, the state and across the country.”
      San Bernardino County health officials say they will report the number of Swine flu cases “only as needed.”
      I have been all over san berdoo county and know it well. It is the poorest of the SCal counties in per capita income and has the poorest level of infrastructures and services, including medical facilities. UE rate is easily 20%-25% ; that is the real U-6 UE ,not the 13-14% official rate reported by the prop spinmeisters of state and county.
      I do not expect any true reports of sw fu cases/deaths to be reported in SB . ditto for LA County and Riversde, the next 2 most impoverished Scal counties . They are dealing with massive hemmorraging of social services due to budget problems, horrific decimation of the economy, and huge levels of impoverishment in the poor/working poplulation and even among the shrinking middle classes. LA is in fact a third world region : see next post for proof.

Comment

I mentioned that LA County is in fact a third world region with a vast impoverished population. Here is a look at the huge free clinic set up in Inglewood forum(inglewood is a burg of la but very close to central/south/dwtn LA impoverished district) by a group of medical providors who normally do free work in undeveloped third world countries. They have treated so far about 2000+ desperate uinisured patients for everything from rotting decayed teeth to untreated diabetes.

"Doctors and dentists volunteering their services at the Forum see scenes like those in impoverished areas overseas....

Jenny McLean, 36, opened her mouth and Makhani aimed a little flashlight in there....

"You see here?" he said.

The area around a back tooth was red and swollen, and McLean's eyes were teary with discomfort. She'd endured the pain for more than a year because she's had neither insurance nor the money for a dentist since losing her job as a social worker.....

It was a story repeated hundreds of times last week at the Forum, where a nonprofit called Remote Area Medical had brought in volunteers to treat legions of the uninsured.

"I don't have the answers," said Makhani, the dentist who insisted I look closely at his patient's ailing mouth. "I'm not a politician. But I have people here with infected teeth, gums, abscesses. I saw a lady bus driver who lost her job and she's walking around here crying. Her tooth is infected, she's in pain and she can die from this. This is disastrous. This is a Third World country and people need to come and see this."

Comment

Working...
        X