No announcement yet.

OR: Salem girl is the 3rd case of acute flaccid myelitis this fall in the state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OR: Salem girl is the 3rd case of acute flaccid myelitis this fall in the state

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/marion...ysis/350594015
    Salem girl diagnosed with rare illness that causes paralysis

Keely Chalmers, KGW 6:17 PM. PST November 09, 2016 SALEM, Ore. -- A 10-year-old Salem girl is being treated for acute flaccid myelitis, a rare and mysterious illness that can lead to paralysis.
    The condition, commonly known as AFM, affects the body?s nervous system, specifically the spinal cord.
    Breea Shelton starting having cold-like symptoms, but within days her symptoms got worse.

AFM is the same mysterious condition that recently hospitalized eight kids in Washington and has sickened three children so far this year in Oregon.
    Marshall says Breea?s illness is especially challenging because she has autism and has a hard time communicating how she feels...

Ask Congress to Investigate COVID Origins and Government Response to Pandemic H.R. 834

i love myself. the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever. ---- nayyirah waheed

(My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
    Never forget Excalibur.
Working...
X