Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA: 29 children have died from being left in hot cars this summer

Child hot-car deaths reach 23 so far this year, closing in on 2015 total

Meghan Bunchman tells us about a new report showing how many kids die in hot cars each year. The number is going up.

Enjoli Francis, ABC NEWS , WZZM 6:52 AM. EDT July 27, 2016

As heat advisories popped up again across the Mid-Atlantic and a heat wave continued in the East, people were reminded again of the deadly dangers of kids and cars as two additional heat-related child deaths were reported.

KidsAndCars said late Monday that it had learned of two additional children -- one in Florida and another in Missouri -- who had died after being found in hot cars this weekend.

That raised the total number of children who have died of heatstroke in a vehicle so far this year from 23. KidsAndCars said that a total of 25 children had died in heat-related car deaths in 2015.

See also: http://www.kidsandcars.org/how-kids-...t/heat-stroke/
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Fla. toddler becomes 29th victim in hot car deaths this year

Garin Flowers, WTSP , KUSA 7:47 PM. CDT September 11, 2016

PALM HARBOR, Fla.- A Palm Harbor father is out on bond facing aggravated manslaughter charges in the heat-related death of his son.

The Pinellas County Sheriff?s Office says 23-month-old Lawson Whitaker died after his father, Troy Whitaker, 41, left him in a hot car Friday.

The death of Lawson makes this the 29th hot car death for children in the United States this year.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X